2013 3* S Mackenro Alexander signs with AU!

ausburn

This is a thread for Mackenro Alexander 1/24/13

This article gives an update of current recruitment. Good article

http://www.marconews...-alexander-hes/

Quote from above listed link.

"Since that article came out about my brother saying he's not going to go to any school unless I come along, there are some schools that are trying to recruit me now," Mackenro Alexander told Tiger Illustrated. "They act like I'm their guy now. But where were they when I was struggling? And now you want me? That gets me mad. So you want my brother so bad that you'll take me just to get him? That's not going to happen anyways. At the end of the day, it's a business. Wherever I go, I'm going to make them love me. I'm going to make so many plays and I'll be deadly out there."

Additional quote from Mackenro:

Alexander said his grades were in good shape, and he was ready to prove he could play in college.

"I'm going to make damn sure no one breaks my tackles," he said. "I'm ready to tell people to shut the heck up and show them this is how I play. I feel angry and overlooked."

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Since that article came out about my brother saying he's not going to go to any school unless I come along, there are some schools that are trying to recruit me now," Mackenro Alexander told Tiger Illustrated. "They act like I'm their guy now. But where were they when I was struggling? And now you want me? That gets me mad. So you want my brother so bad that you'll take me just to get him? That's not going to happen anyways. At the end of the day, it's a business. Wherever I go, I'm going to make them love me. I'm going to make so many plays and I'll be deadly out there."

Alexander said his grades were in good shape, and he was ready to prove he could play in college.

"I'm going to make damn sure no one breaks my tackles," he said. "I'm ready to tell people to shut the heck up and show them this is how I play. I feel angry and overlooked."

Our coaches can use a different angle than other teams. They can say they just got there, finished evalling him, and want him.

Our coaches can use a different angle than other teams. They can say they just got there, finished evalling him, and want him.

Good point.

I hear what this kid is saying, but wasn't it the brothers who were selling the package deal? What did he think coaches would do, act like they didn't want him.

I understand this kid being upset. It must be hard for brothers to be compared to each other like that. He shows a lot of tenacity. However, if his grades were actually a problem initially, he should understand that teams would be hesitant to pursue him. Sounds like he's gotten that together and is ready to play.

Some of his comments could be directed toward Kentucky. Don't know if Stoops had looked at him when he was at FSU, but clearly doesn't want KY.

Article from his visit to KY.

http://www.nationofblue.com/mackenro-alexander-not-taking-uk-seriously/

“Kentucky is not one of my favorites,” he said. “They are a good program, but they don’t have the physicality I’m looking for in my teammates. I’ve got to play with some dogs, somewhere that will make me better.”

Good point.

From reading his quote, I want this guy. He sounds like he has the tenacity and determination to succeed. Sounds more likely to have a great work and training effort like he feels like he has something to prove. If the coaches decide to take him without Mackenzie, I will be glad to have him.

Lots of smack talk from a #43 Safety. School records at...Immokalee? Success has taught him humbleness (I guess he means "humility")? Such humility!

Safeties do need some attitude though. They are out there to be the enforcer.

Lots of smack talk from a #43 Safety. School records at...Immokalee? Success has taught him humbleness (I guess he means "humility")? Such humility!

+1 All the greats have attitude..they need it to come up and bang with the big boys.

+1 All the greats have attitude..they need it to come up and bang with the big boys.

There is a difference between being arrogant and self centered and having an attitude on the field. What he said about Kentucky was not right at all. Kentucky is not one of the best football schools around, but to put them down like that was not right. And had someone said that about AU (especially after this season, everyone on this board would be angry. I personally (and don't have a say in the matter) would not want something like that in my locker room.

He should have kept the Kentucky comments to himself. He's just a kid spouting off. If we get him, I hope his performance on the field can backup his talk.

There is a difference between being arrogant and self centered and having an attitude on the field. What he said about Kentucky was not right at all. Kentucky is not one of the best football schools around, but to put them down like that was not right. And had someone said that about AU (especially after this season, everyone on this board would be angry. I personally (and don't have a say in the matter) would not want something like that in my locker room.

Fact is, if anyone, and I'm sure there has been, said we weren't physical enough they would have dead on correct. Denying that is blind allegiance. Either way, these guys are still kids. They speak before they think on a lot of occasions. We need attitude. We have the coaching staff that can mould those attitudes into something positive. WDE

Well, since only one came this weekend, it appears a package deal isn't a necessity.

The package deal got started because Mackensie said in an interview that his mother wanted both of them to go to the same school so she could go and see them play together. Mackensie has said and as has Mackenro that they would like to play together but it was not a deal breaker. Any family with twins would love to see their sons play together if possible.

Archived