Scott Peterson found guilty

TitanTiger

You know...i may be in the minority here, but I dont know if the prosecution presented a case strong enough to convict. (Not say i think he did or did not do it) By the law it has to be without reasonable doubt...I think there was reasonable doubt. The news media seemed to want a conviction really bad...throughout the whole thing.

I think the court of public opinion found him guilty long before it ever started...and that was his downfall.

Evidence was circumstantial at best. Very weak case and will be appealed, and maybe even won.

I think he did it. But it was a very poor case though.

I think it was a good enough circumstantial case to convict. But I wouldn't give the death penalty in a circumstantial case. Life in prison, no parole sounds appropriate to me.

we the people just this morning put a man to death here in NC because he accidently killed an older woman in a botched drug robbery. he broke into this woman's house (she was 91 or so??) thinking it was another place...he was going to rob drugs from it.

she surprised him, he swung & hit her in the head, she falls and dies of head injuries....

that's how the paper spun it this morning. if true, i find this a little disturbing, and i'm all about the death penalty.

ct

Just because someone has sociopathic tendencies does not make him guilty. I too thought the case was week. But OJ got off and this time they weren't gonna take a chance.

CT, anytime a death occurs during a crime, the death penalty is warranted. This guy knew the possibilities and took that chance. He just thought he would have to worry about the homeowner killing him...not the state.

I think the death penalty is only warranted when someone intentionally kills someone.

Otherwise, everyone convicted of manslaughter should get the death penalty. Or someone has a wreck while speeding and kills someone.

You know...i may be in the minority here, but I dont know if the prosecution presented a case strong enough to convict. (Not say i think he did or did not do it) By the law it has to be without reasonable doubt...I think there was reasonable doubt. The news media seemed to want a conviction really bad...throughout the whole thing.

I think the court of public opinion found him guilty long before it ever started...and that was his downfall.

120864[/snapback]

Completely agree with you. Although I thought he did it, I think the evidence was very weak. I think he will win on appeal.

I think the death penalty is only warranted when someone intentionally kills someone.

Otherwise, everyone convicted of manslaughter should get the death penalty.  Or someone has a wreck while speeding and kills someone.

122611[/snapback]

OK, smarta$$ bammer boy. I should have said "VIOLENT" crime. My bad!

P.S. It's Iron Bowl week. No free pass this week. :)

Archived