bama or lsu?

brankster

who will help us more in the computer polls? bama winning and getting in the top 25 and we play them next weekend or lsu winning and probably staying arownd the 15th ranked team??? any thoughs? war eagle :au:

I'm not even gonna try to figure out the BCS, but as I see it, Auburn must win out - period. After that, I think that a bama win vs LSU would help AU a bit more.

I'm not even gonna try to figure out the BCS, but as I see it,  Auburn must win out - period.  After that, I think that  a bama  win vs LSU would help AU  a bit more.

120909[/snapback]

I disagree. A Bama win could drop LSU out of the top 20. An Auburn win over TN in the championship game might drop TN out of the top 20. If AU runs the table GA could end up as the only team AU beat that finished the season in the top 20. (GA might fall out of the top 10 after an AU lost.) If this happens how can anyone make a case that AU deserves to go to the Orange Bowl over an undefeated OK or USC?

Just as a comparison. LSU beat a top 10 GA twice and beat a top 20 Ole Miss and squeezed into the BSC Championship game last year.

I'm not even gonna try to figure out the BCS, but as I see it,  Auburn must win out - period.  After that, I think that  a bama  win vs LSU would help AU  a bit more.

120909[/snapback]

I disagree. A Bama win could drop LSU out of the top 20. An Auburn win over TN in the championship game might drop TN out of the top 20. If AU runs the table GA could end up as the only team AU beat that finished the season in the top 20. (GA might fall out of the top 10 after an AU lost.) If this happens how can anyone make a case that AU deserves to go to the Orange Bowl over an undefeated OK or USC?

Just as a comparison. LSU beat a top 10 GA twice and beat a top 20 Ole Miss and squeezed into the BSC Championship game last year.

120922[/snapback]

LSU also had a loss. there is no question that an alabama win would help us. no one looks at top 20. they look at top 25. if they only looked at top 20 the oklahoma would be behind us considering that ok st. tex. a&m and texas tech are all ranked between 21-25. a win against a top 10 georgia followed by a win over top 25 alabama helps us a lot more than a win over georgia followed by a win over alabama who isnt even recieving votes. come on people, wake up.

120909[/snapback]

120922[/snapback]

When you beat a team at the top, you BEAT em while they are at the top. I believe LSU was #4, Tenn # 7...OU has struggled two weeks in a row with lower ranked teams. Bring on USC, it's payback time for the last two years. That is what I am talking about!!!

120909[/snapback]

120922[/snapback]

When you beat a team at the top, you BEAT em while they are at the top. I believe LSU was #4, Tenn # 7...OU has struggled two weeks in a row with lower ranked teams. Bring on USC, it's payback time for the last two years. That is what I am talking about!!!

120928[/snapback]

That's not how the BSC ranking works. It's how each team ends up at years end. Obviously LSU and TN were overrated. Otherwise, they would have made their way back up the polls by now. The best point to determine how good a team really is comes after the entire season has been played. Do you think LSU was really the 4th best team in the country when they played Auburn? :no:

120909[/snapback]

120922[/snapback]

LSU also had a loss. there is no question that an alabama win would help us. no one looks at top 20. they look at top 25. if they only looked at top 20 the oklahoma would be behind us considering that ok st. tex. a&m and texas tech are all ranked between 21-25. a win against a top 10 georgia followed by a win over top 25 alabama helps us a lot more than a win over georgia followed by a win over alabama who isnt even recieving votes. come on people, wake up.

120925[/snapback]

Yes, LSU had a loss but so did everyone else. If Bama beats LSU and Bama enters the top 25 they won't stay there if Auburn beats them in the Iron Bowl. So the final analysis at seasons end may be Auburn beating only one top 20 team. (GA) Because if LSU loses to Bama they are out of the top 20. I won't argue with you about no one looking at top 20 but I disagree. Of course LSU still has Ole Miss and Arkansas to knock them out of the top 25. (A loss to Bama would make that more likely.) As the polls stand now LSU is the second highest rated team Auburn has beat. Why would you want them to lose? It can only hurt your Orange Bowl chances. If LSU wins out they could end up in the top 10. That can only help Auburn's chances.

Any time, any sport, any situation, it's a good day when bammer loses.

'enough said'!!!!!!!!! Whether it helps us or hurts us, it hurts bammer more.

120961[/snapback]

I understand how passionately you hate the Tide, but I just can't fathom not pulling for AU if it would help Bama get into the National Championship game. I think that's the most notable difference between Bama fans and AU fans.

Question.  Where would LSU and UT be ranked if they had beaten AU?  I think that is the way it should be viewed.  MHO.

120982[/snapback]

Methinks LSU would be #6-7.

Any time, any sport, any situation, it's a good day when bammer loses.

'enough said'!!!!!!!!! Whether it helps us or hurts us, it hurts bammer more.

120961[/snapback]

I understand how passionately you hate the Tide, but I just can't fathom not pulling for AU if it would help Bama get into the National Championship game. I think that's the most notable difference between Bama fans and AU fans.

120965[/snapback]

I dont understand it either tidefan. It seems some Auburn fans would rather see bad happen to bama than good happen to Auburn. I'll never understand that.

If it helps Auburn for bama to win, then I hope they do. And if its better for us if they lose, then geaux LSU.

but who cares tidefan, we got a game today!! ;)

War Damn Eagle! :au:

Archived