2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

We are going to be fine. We are running a 4-2-5 and only need 2 real line backers on the field. We have a bunch of young talent in the secondary and picked up a JUCO spur to play that hybrid line backer role. The sky is not falling. Gus knows exaclty what he is doing. We will end up with Adams and a few other good gets and finish around 8th or so on Rivals.

yeh but in the SEC you have got to not only have depth but you have to have good quality depth.

Yes. What 2 linebackers are you ready to put on the field?

Holland has a lot of experience :big:

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When was the last time we had a linbacker drafted by the NFL? When was the last time bama DIDN'T have a linbacker taken in the draft?

We start winning then we should have some drafted. Since we had coaches that couldn't develop...players don't get drafted.

We are going to be fine. We are running a 4-2-5 and only need 2 real line backers on the field. We have a bunch of young talent in the secondary and picked up a JUCO spur to play that hybrid line backer role. The sky is not falling. Gus knows exaclty what he is doing. We will end up with Adams and a few other good gets and finish around 8th or so on Rivals.

yeh but in the SEC you have got to not only have depth but you have to have good quality depth.

I'd put Holland/Cassanova on the field. Holland has been good at plugging the hole most of the time (see LSU game) its pass protection where he really struggles. Cassanova is going to be a great Lb. He was pretty good last year. After a year in S&C along with good coaching he could be great. Don't forget that Flowers has a year under his belt as well.

When was the last time we had a linbacker drafted by the NFL? When was the last time bama DIDN'T have a linbacker taken in the draft?

Bynes played in Superbowl last night

RF to spuat was greatly assisted by Troopa. Gus and staff have to understand that the status quo will not give them long term (past 3-4 years) job security. This recruiting class was a crap shoot and losing a loose cannon (to be nice) like RF is not to be unexpected.

wde

Not true. Direct quote from RF tonight.

I love Auburn, I love them dearly.When Coach Trooper [Taylor] was there, I used to love Auburn. He left and still told me to give them a chance, I love the new staff. http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1263859.html

Since Saban has arrived in Tuscaloosa, we have yet to sign an ELITE LB. He knows that this is the one position that we could ill afford to miss on in this recruiting class and he just gutted us.

We have now lost five current or previous 5* recruits that flipped from Auburn to Alabama. It's time for Auburn fans to get ANGRY!! I don't know if we'll ever get a chance again but one day I hope we gut them for everything that they are worth!! WAR EAGLE

This is the kind of stuff the Bammers love to read FYI

Bynes played in Superbowl last night

I was so proud for him...and for Michael Oher, too!

:rollin:

I'd put Holland/Cassanova on the field. Holland has been good at plugging the hole most of the time (see LSU game) its pass protection where he really struggles. Cassanova is going to be a great Lb. He was pretty good last year. After a year in S&C along with good coaching he could be great. Don't forget that Flowers has a year under his belt as well.

Kris Frost is ready

Cass and frost.?

Hopefully Between Cassinova, Frost, Toney, Mitchell, We have 2 starters and then there is Holland...

We do need a linebacker. I hope Gus goes out the Junior College rank drinks and gets us another Nick Fairley, but at the linebacker position.

We will not get Adams either, so forget it....

There was some talk we're leading for him..

Not anymore. A lot of getting Adams depended on us getting Foster. I believe Adams will stay at Georgia although Bama is a real possibility.

I wouldn't count on that. We are most definately not out of the hunt for Adams, matter of fact, I would project him to AU right now.

Of course I hope you are correct, however I would not get my hopes up.

I would say right now, Georgia 50 percent, Auburn 20 percent, Alabama30 percent.

Cassanova, Kris Frost, Justin Garret, Javiere Mitchell, Chris Landrum, Cameron Toney and Kenny Flowers... Is it hard to fill two spots by them?

Just have to vent. How can we let a kid like this - who we need more than any other player - get away to Bama when he is right there in our backyard. Unbelievable. You can get to the league from Slippery Rock if you are good enough. Just sickening. All the time and energy poured into recruiting this kid had to cost us chances of getting other top tier linebackers. Damn.

Since Saban has arrived in Tuscaloosa, we have yet to sign an ELITE LB. He knows that this is the one position that we could ill afford to miss on in this recruiting class and he just gutted us.

We have now lost five current or previous 5* recruits that flipped from Auburn to Alabama. It's time for Auburn fans to get ANGRY!! I don't know if we'll ever get a chance again but one day I hope we gut them for everything that they are worth!! WAR EAGLE

Some of you need to chill out! It's just one kid! Have we learned nothing about ratings regarding players. True i think RF will be a good one no matter where he went but he hasn't played a down and people are going crazy! RF has at least a couple hurddles he has to get over before even getting to Bama. He's borderline to qualify and he has to change his attitude. If we get Bowers, Daniels & Lawson...we will be fine.

^Wisdom^ He's one kid. Sure he is talented but he is not the end all. I think our coaching staff has a long memory and will be more than willing to enact some payback on the field very soon. WDE!!

At the rate this kid has changed his mind or played games no matter where he actually ends up, can he be trusted? I mean, any of you guys think the team will gravitate around a kid that has presented himself the way he has? Chemistry is a HUGE part of a teams success. Would he be able to earn that back if he came to Auburn? He does kinda appear to be all about "Reuben". You think guys want a guy like that in the locker room?

Serious question.

not sour grapes, but when is the ncaa finally going to dig through the turds dirty britches? saban may be good, but no one is that good.....sorry to say, but between usc and ua, i think there is good cause for investigating. just saying.

My guess on last LB drafted was Will Herring

Wasn't even an LB.

He was moved from safety to LB his senior season where he excelled. Before that though there was Karlos Dansby and Dontarius Thomas.

not sour grapes, but when is the ncaa finally going to dig through the turds dirty britches? saban may be good, but no one is that good.....sorry to say, but between usc and ua, i think there is good cause for investigating. just saying.

As long as Saban is there and Emmert is president of the NCAA, I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon.

I assure you that Auburn will not be closing our doors because of this. Yes LB is a huge need for us IMO. There are times that addition from subtraction is best. This may be one of those times. bama seems to hide a lot of their players problems. This may be the best situation for RF. We do need to add to our LB situation next year. Maybe somehow we can add one more this year. We just need to make sure that RF plays on teams that never beat Auburn.

RF to spuat was greatly assisted by Troopa. Gus and staff have to understand that the status quo will not give them long term (past 3-4 years) job security. This recruiting class was a crap shoot and losing a loose cannon (to be nice) like RF is not to be unexpected.

wde

Not true. Direct quote from RF tonight.

I love Auburn, I love them dearly.When Coach Trooper [Taylor] was there, I used to love Auburn. He left and still told me to give them a chance, I love the new staff. http://recruiting.sc.../2/1263859.html

Even in this article he still sounds like he doesn't really know what to do...

I hope Mama decides to stay in Auburn and he has to come back all the time for fried chicken...I have a feeling he was going to have regret, no matter what he decided.

Just have to vent. How can we let a kid like this - who we need more than any other player - get away to Bama when he is right there in our backyard. Unbelievable. You can get to the league from Slippery Rock if you are good enough. Just sickening. All the time and energy poured into recruiting this kid had to cost us chances of getting other top tier linebackers. Damn.

You do remember he was committed to 'Bama once before, right? Added to the fact he was all about Trooper, who is gone, it really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that they found a way to pull him back in.

Archived