2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Saban has arrived in Tuscaloosa, we have yet to sign an ELITE LB. He knows that this is the one position that we could ill afford to miss on in this recruiting class and he just gutted us.

We have now lost five current or previous 5* recruits that flipped from Auburn to Alabama. It's time for Auburn fans to get ANGRY!! I don't know if we'll ever get a chance again but one day I hope we gut them for everything that they are worth!! WAR EAGLE

Some of you need to chill out! It's just one kid! Have we learned nothing about ratings regarding players. True i think RF will be a good one no matter where he went but he hasn't played a down and people are going crazy! RF has at least a couple hurddles he has to get over before even getting to Bama. He's borderline to qualify and he has to change his attitude. If we get Bowers, Daniels & Lawson...we will be fine.

Along with Kouandjio night, the Yeldon day and Calloway day to name a few...I'm tired of Saban & Co. making Auburn look beyond foolish. Whatever the real story is with Foster, I'd love to know. If he goes to Bama, he'll play next year but, I'm wondering how long he'll be there. So far his recruitment has been just short of Willie Williams recruitment to Miami...I think he might have a similar career path to Willie too.

I too would love to hear the story of how this happened! But I have a bad feeling that he's going to be much better than Willie Williams. Saban is going to get everything he can out of this kid. I think he'll have an immediate impact like Yeldon had this year.

It aint one kid..its like 4 years in a row...absolutely complete bull.... until we physically beat there ass. We are the hunted not the hunter...But really is foster even sure he wants to make that kind of money in Ttown?

We do need a linebacker. I hope Gus goes out the Junior College rank drinks and gets us another Nick Fairley, but at the linebacker position.

We will not get Adams either, so forget it....

There was some talk we're leading for him..

Not anymore. A lot of getting Adams depended on us getting Foster. I believe Adams will stay at Georgia although Bama is a real possibility.

We do need a linebacker. I hope Gus goes out the Junior College rank drinks and gets us another Nick Fairley, but at the linebacker position.

Not anymore. A lot of getting Adams depended on us getting Foster. I believe Adams will stay at Georgia although Bama is a real possibility.

I wouldn't count on that. We are most definately not out of the hunt for Adams, matter of fact, I would project him to AU right now.

I dont mind missing out on recruits- it's going to happen. No team gets 100% of the recruits they go after. However, what really makes me sick is recruits making fools of us over & over the last few years and of all things, flipping to our biggest rival. Thats the part that burns me up. This is becoming way too common and it makes me sick.

Good News: Alabama is overflowing with 5 star linebackers so one more really wont influence their defense anyways. Also we got Cassanova and Frost along with this years recruiting class to contribute

Bad News: We cant miss on any of the big dogs at linebacker next year or we'll be screwed for awhile

I wouldn't count on that. We are most definately not out of the hunt for Adams, matter of fact, I would project him to AU right now.

just curious. why

We are going to be fine. We are running a 4-2-5 and only need 2 real line backers on the field. We have a bunch of young talent in the secondary and picked up a JUCO spur to play that hybrid line backer role. The sky is not falling. Gus knows exaclty what he is doing. We will end up with Adams and a few other good gets and finish around 8th or so on Rivals.

Well..guess what..winning cures all. They've won and won NC's so that's just how it goes. Only way we are going to be on the better end of getting top D kids is winning and sending them to the NFL as well. Can't blame a kid for wanting that. If a D player does the right things and works hard Saban will get them to the NFL. Yes it stinks but it's true. Accuse them and him all you wish but until we start showing we can be on the same stage...that's how it's going to go.

I dont mind missing out on recruits- it's going to happen. No team gets 100% of the recruits they go after. However, what really makes me sick is recruits making fools of us over & over the last few years and of all things, flipping to our biggest rival. Thats the part that burns me up. This is becoming way too common and it makes me sick.

Then we should be expecting it by now.

Don't believe anything until that fax comes in.

two things got rapped up today. one went the wrong way but im not too disappointed. i think RF might be a cancer. the other was a little boy got rescued and it couldnt have pleased me more that justice for his nightmare was effectivley served. its been a wonderful day.

just curious. why

According to rivals and 247 we lead for Adams. Im still skeptical though

People that are saying Alabama is kicking our *** in recruiting do have to realize that we did just hire a new coach! Im pretty sure if our staff would of had a whole year with Foster he would of been ours! That being said i'm still stoked about some future Auburn Tigers! Especially my dude Carl Lawson!

just curious. why

Call it a gut feeling, and the realization by some Clemson indivituals that AU has very much gotten into the hunt and likely eliminated them.

We are going to be fine. We are running a 4-2-5 and only need 2 real line backers on the field. We have a bunch of young talent in the secondary and picked up a JUCO spur to play that hybrid line backer role. The sky is not falling. Gus knows exaclty what he is doing. We will end up with Adams and a few other good gets and finish around 8th or so on Rivals.

yeh but in the SEC you have got to not only have depth but you have to have good quality depth.

just curious. why

If you are basing your optimism on anything Rivals and 247 is saying then you should be very skeptical.

wde

Then we should be expecting it by now.

Don't believe anything until that fax comes in.

Exactly! It's hard to believe a kid who has flipped like the 4th or 5th time. Plus he claims he made his decision on the way to the studio! lol. That's a very strong committment. lol. RF still can be flipped again. The question is will our staff attempt to flip him or are they just "done" with the entire situation?

When was the last time we had a linbacker drafted by the NFL? When was the last time bama DIDN'T have a linbacker taken in the draft?

I think AUs only hope with Adams is 4-2-5 vs 3-4. More chances to make plays as 4-3 or 4-2-5 DT than NG or DE in 3-4. I think CRG may also make an impact on MA.

just curious. why

If you are basing your optimism on anything Rivals and 247 is saying then you should be very skeptical.

wde

Lol yep thats why I said I'm skeptical. But I dont think the foster descision hurts us as bad as people think. Remember Adams was favoring clemson when Foster WAS committed to us to...just saying

yeh but in the SEC you have got to not only have depth but you have to have good quality depth.

Yes. What 2 linebackers are you ready to put on the field?

two things got rapped up today. one went the wrong way but im not too disappointed. i think RF might be a cancer. the other was a little boy got rescued and it couldnt have pleased me more that justice for his nightmare was effectivley served. its been a wonderful day.

Perspective, perspective! Thank you, Alexava! The Midland City hostage situation has had us all in my neck of the woods glued. And I understand that the sweet baby's birthday is tomorrow...can you IMAGINE how his parents feel tonight? :wub:

Am I incorrect in remembering that Foster was "committed" to Alabama first? Did we put too much stock in the tattoo? :nopityA:

While part of me wants to obsess on their tactics...a greater part wants to enjoy watching the "anti-Bammer" unfold. Just watch us rise to prominence, slowly maybe, but steadily...our way. With as little baggage as possible, please...

Since Saban has arrived in Tuscaloosa, we have yet to sign an ELITE LB. He knows that this is the one position that we could ill afford to miss on in this recruiting class and he just gutted us.

We have now lost five current or previous 5* recruits that flipped from Auburn to Alabama. It's time for Auburn fans to get ANGRY!! I don't know if we'll ever get a chance again but one day I hope we gut them for everything that they are worth!! WAR EAGLE

Some of you need to chill out! It's just one kid! Have we learned nothing about ratings regarding players. True i think RF will be a good one no matter where he went but he hasn't played a down and people are going crazy! RF has at least a couple hurddles he has to get over before even getting to Bama. He's borderline to qualify and he has to change his attitude. If we get Bowers, Daniels & Lawson...we will be fine.

^Wisdom^ He's one kid. Sure he is talented but he is not the end all. I think our coaching staff has a long memory and will be more than willing to enact some payback on the field very soon. WDE!!

Archived