2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

Don't think I can take it anymore. This crap has gone on as long as I can remember. Auburn will never get over the hump as long as this goes on. It's starting to affect my everyday life. As an Auburn fan I can't pull for any other team, so I think its time for me to walk away from it all together. Its been fun War Eagle and good luck to you guys !

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't make me think any less of Auburn, but it sure as hell makes me hate Alabama even more. I still, however, believe that Gus will do great things with whatever he is given.

Sounds like somebody only jumped on board when we snagged a BCSNC. That didnt last long XD

Time to move on. I would love for RF to suit up in the O&B but he chose to be a turd. I hope he gets a good education there but I could care less if he ever sees the football field.

I thought the chance to see his little girl everyday would be the deciding factor in picking AU......but I guess I was wrong.

WDE! This will still be one of the best D's we ever signed if we get the two MA's and and a couple of others.

Listen up private bcc28...sit down shut up and put your big boy panties on soldier. I have been through a damn war and dealt with more s*** than you can imagine. If you can't handle the roller coaster ride get a parachute. We win some we lose some. Man the hell up, man a machine gun or go home. We got this!

We have one of the best offensive minds in the country as our head coac, a staff full of proven coaches and recrutiers of which two are Auburn men, and plenty of talent on the roster/committed right now to compete. Just be patient. We will be much more fun to watch next year.

Listen up private bcc28...sit down shut up and put your big boy panties on soldier. I have been through a damn war and dealt with more s*** than you can imagine. If you can't handle the roller coaster ride get a parachute. We win some we lose some. Man the hell up, man a machine gun or go home. We got this!

Thank you for your service.

Just have to vent. How can we let a kid like this - who we need more than any other player - get away to Bama when he is right there in our backyard. Unbelievable. You can get to the league from Slippery Rock if you are good enough. Just sickening. All the time and energy poured into recruiting this kid had to cost us chances of getting other top tier linebackers. Damn.

I doubt the RF saga is over my friend! I really do. Considering he lives in Auburn, his mother wants him at Auburn, and he made his decision on the way to the studio! Yea..wouldn't be surprised on bit if NSD is turned upside down with reports that RF has sent his LOI to Auburn. He loves the spotlight and would certainly get it doing that on NSD.

I really think we should just move on. I love the character of all the young men who have committed to us so far and it will be a great day when they run onto the field in orange and blue. If we are looking for more "Auburn Men" to join our family, do we continue to pin our hopes on someone who decided to be a Bammer (twice)? On Wednesday, I plan to be excited for every player who signs with us for they will be the ones who score the TDs, intercept the passes, block the kicks, hold the lines, and win the games for Auburn. I can't be worried about the 18 yr olds who will not be playing for Auburn. Oh, and by the way, I do not believe that RF made up his mind on the way to the studio.

Never stated i'm holding out hope. Just saying when it comes to RF...who knows what is going to happen! & That seems to be the truth with him. So, no i don't think for a minute the whole saga of RF is over. Heck..he could pick UGA on NSD for all we know. I'm happy with or without RF.

I think all the character and Auburn Men stuff goes to a certain extent. If he would of said he was going to Auburn then people would be like now that's an Auburn Man right there. He's going to be one of the Auburn greats..blah..blah..blah. But since he didn't people say...well we didn't want him anyway..etc..etc. I'm not pinning my hopes on RF...never have. Would it been nice to get him..sure but I'm not hanging on to anything. Just stating his habits and his habit throughout the entire process has been twists and turns. NSD makes me think no different until he turns in his LOI to wherever it signed it to.

it sucks that we missed on Foster. I'm not angry at Nick Saban. He didn't recruit Reuben Foster to spite Auburn. He recruited him because he is one of the best hs players in the country.

on that note, let's please focus on the fact that we picked up carl lawson and might get MACKENZIE ALEXANDER, who, for the 68th time, is someone who we should be writing 600 page threads about.

Thank you for your service.

Your welcome friend

Most of the people that post here have ties to Auburn or love Auburn. Our athletic department has never to my knowledge gone after the very best coach in any sport. As far as I know none of the 5* recruits grew up in a family that owned 2 private jets. Most of these 5* recruits are expecting to go to the NFL in 3 years. They are looking for their best option to get to the NFL and don't really care about which college they attend. The perception is that 1 head coach in the state makes 4+ million and the other makes 2+ million. I am not stating that Saban is twice the coach or man as Gus. This is preception and this is their career choice. When we cleaned the slate we had the opportunity to make front page news and we didn't do it. We should have open the big checkbook and gone after the very best coach in America even if it cost 20 million a year. BTW for 20 million we could have hired Saban. Like it or not it is all about the money. UAT spends it and we didn't. How long to you think it will take a mercury to catch at ferrari? That is our situation with recruits.

Just have to vent. How can we let a kid like this - who we need more than any other player - get away to Bama when he is right there in our backyard. Unbelievable. You can get to the league from Slippery Rock if you are good enough. Just sickening. All the time and energy poured into recruiting this kid had to cost us chances of getting other top tier linebackers. Damn.

I doubt the RF saga is over my friend! I really do. Considering he lives in Auburn, his mother wants him at Auburn, and he made his decision on the way to the studio! Yea..wouldn't be surprised on bit if NSD is turned upside down with reports that RF has sent his LOI to Auburn. He loves the spotlight and would certainly get it doing that on NSD.

I hope you are right 1983. We needed this kid in the worst way and there is no way to sugar coat it. Whatever they need to do to get him to sign that LOI to us - within the bounds of reason and legality - needs to be done. He has a child that lives in Auburn and presumably will keep living there. How can he walk away from that? Man I hope we pull a CK out of this one. We need some more linebackers!

Not that I'm holding on to some glimmer of hope or anything. It's just that RF has been unpredictable throughout the entire process. If he picked UGA on NSD...I wouldn't be surprised. It seems like he has a hard time just sitting down and focusing and truly weighing everything out. It seems that schools can easily change his mind by simply saying a few words to him. It's like whoever is the last school to speak with him...that is who he will pick. lol. I'm sure the process is hard for him but I've never seen a recruiting situation like the one going on with RF so it's hard for me to believe that it's all of a sudden over tonight. Will believe it when he sends in the letter to Bama..until then..I don't believe anything he says.

Some evidently did not listen to the announcement. Foster mentioned Auburn last and the only remarks about AU was that he loved Trooper Taylor. He had nothing else much to say about Auburn.

I personally do not know how after listening do that announcement you could think that RF would choose Auburn.

True AU people, just remember that we are the unofficial face of our beloved university. Lets always show the side we want people to see.

Though I lay bleeding, wounded, and defeated on the ground, I shall rise again. I'm not slain, my wounds will heal, and I will live to fight another day. WDE!

When RF announced for UAT.

And before you start shouting "sour grapes" you can check my posts and I was NEVER convinced that the success of AU's recruiting class this season or the success of our 2013 season was even remotely dependent on signing RF.

I've followed college football for a long time and I've never seen a top knotch Auburn player who had jerked Auburn up,down and sideways for week after week, during his recruitment. Some are slow to announce the committment and some apparently change their minds at the last minute and get us upset but what we've watched the past five months has been a ridiculous example of "look at me"....right up to that totally unexpected announcement last night. I mean ...who saw that coming...or more accurately, who on earth could not see that coming? About the only thing missing last night was him grabbing up a baby elephant or something like that.

Lots of folks excused his behavior as just "being 18" and some of that might be true... but deep in your heart didn't you really know he was a "bammer" all the time. True, some of our other recruits have jumped around and I understand that kind of thing and don't hold it against those who flip to or from Auburn when doubts occur....but IMO, what we've witnessed these several months was not a kid going through the decison making process, analyzing the options, etc. but rather a campaign to stay in the public eye and milking the process as much as possible.

Adios RF, enjoy your time at UAT. And now I won't have to start a Topic asking for the "over/under on how many games he misses this season because of suspensions". At UAT he's home free.

And...go ahead, if he turns out to be an AA in a couple years, send me a box of crow, COD. But until he has proved something on the field against college players, I really don't want to hear what a disaster this is for AU. :banghead:

Archived