2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

We do need a linebacker. I hope Gus goes out the Junior College rank drinks and gets us another Nick Fairley, but at the linebacker position.

We will not get Adams either, so forget it....

There was some talk we're leading for him..

Not anymore. A lot of getting Adams depended on us getting Foster. I believe Adams will stay at Georgia although Bama is a real possibility.

I wouldn't count on that. We are most definately not out of the hunt for Adams, matter of fact, I would project him to AU right now.

Of course I hope you are correct, however I would not get my hopes up.

I would say right now, Georgia 50 percent, Auburn 20 percent, Alabama30 percent.

Thats understandable, but if I am not TOTALLY mistaken (which happens more times than I like to admit) he did not want to play in a 3-4, and Garner is one of the main reasons he was interested in UGA. Not to mention Clemson has/was/still could be ahead of Alabama. So that along with what seemed to have been a FANTASTIC OV to AU is why I believe he will ink with AU, but I understand the wish to be somewhat reserved in a prediction.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sour grapes, but when is the ncaa finally going to dig through the turds dirty britches? saban may be good, but no one is that good.....sorry to say, but between usc and ua, i think there is good cause for investigating. just saying.

As long as Saban is there and Emmert is president of the NCAA, I wouldn't expect anything anytime soon.

Agree, Emmert wants all programs to run a clean and respectful program as "Nick"

not sour grapes, but when is the ncaa finally going to dig through the turds dirty britches? saban may be good, but no one is that good.....sorry to say, but between usc and ua, i think there is good cause for investigating. just saying.

Absolutely. I'm amazed at the willingness that people have to believe that we cheat while Alabama has flipped numerous commits over the last three years. If we cheat, we're doing it wrong.

Some linebackers time line of a decision being made on a set in Atlanta doesn't add up.

Andrew Bone@AndrewJBone

Bo Scarbrough told me that Reuben informed him at 1:35 a.m. Monday morning his intentions to commit to #Alabama

I like the linebackers we have. Add our new defensive line recruits, defensive ends with our current players and we are on our way back.

Just have to vent. How can we let a kid like this - who we need more than any other player - get away to Bama when he is right there in our backyard. Unbelievable. You can get to the league from Slippery Rock if you are good enough. Just sickening. All the time and energy poured into recruiting this kid had to cost us chances of getting other top tier linebackers. Damn.

I doubt the RF saga is over my friend! I really do. Considering he lives in Auburn, his mother wants him at Auburn, and he made his decision on the way to the studio! Yea..wouldn't be surprised on bit if NSD is turned upside down with reports that RF has sent his LOI to Auburn. He loves the spotlight and would certainly get it doing that on NSD.

Absolutely. I'm amazed at the willingness that people have to believe that we cheat while Alabama has flipped numerous commits over the last three years. If we cheat, we're doing it wrong.

If AU has been cheating, they need to be repossessing, paying back, or undoing whatever they did after finishing 3-9.

We are going to be fine. We are running a 4-2-5 and only need 2 real line backers on the field. We have a bunch of young talent in the secondary and picked up a JUCO spur to play that hybrid line backer role. The sky is not falling. Gus knows exaclty what he is doing. We will end up with Adams and a few other good gets and finish around 8th or so on Rivals.

NO WE WON'T !!! I am so tied for hearing this from the sunshine pumpers. This has been going on for years and will continue to go on, unless nsomeone does something about it. This is why we were 3-9 last year and the cheaters won the nat. title. :angry:

didnt CL say our class was going to be HUGE on signing day? Didn't someone say that the coaches were aware that RF was going to turdtown? strangely, mom stayed for the entire OV? does thjis smell of "not over yet"? maybe it's just pure optimism, or pure dillusion, but i'm interested in seeing this thing through wednesday.

didnt CL say our class was going to be HUGE on signing day? Didn't someone say that the coaches were aware that RF was going to turdtown? strangely, mom stayed for the entire OV? does thjis smell of "not over yet"? maybe it's just pure optimism, or pure dillusion, but i'm interested in seeing this thing through wednesday.

It's done. It's over. We need players that want to be at Auburn. Not players that are full of drama & nonsense. I honestly hope that he does not send his LOI to us on Wednesday.

Since Saban has arrived in Tuscaloosa, we have yet to sign an ELITE LB. He knows that this is the one position that we could ill afford to miss on in this recruiting class and he just gutted us.

We have now lost five current or previous 5* recruits that flipped from Auburn to Alabama. It's time for Auburn fans to get ANGRY!! I don't know if we'll ever get a chance again but one day I hope we gut them for everything that they are worth!! WAR EAGLE

Some of you need to chill out! It's just one kid! Have we learned nothing about ratings regarding players. True i think RF will be a good one no matter where he went but he hasn't played a down and people are going crazy! RF has at least a couple hurddles he has to get over before even getting to Bama. He's borderline to qualify and he has to change his attitude. If we get Bowers, Daniels & Lawson...we will be fine.

^Wisdom^ He's one kid. Sure he is talented but he is not the end all. I think our coaching staff has a long memory and will be more than willing to enact some payback on the field very soon. WDE!!

At the rate this kid has changed his mind or played games no matter where he actually ends up, can he be trusted? I mean, any of you guys think the team will gravitate around a kid that has presented himself the way he has? Chemistry is a HUGE part of a teams success. Would he be able to earn that back if he came to Auburn? He does kinda appear to be all about "Reuben". You think guys want a guy like that in the locker room?

Serious question.

Certianly hard to disagree with that. Many just let it go b/c of his talent. I admitt I want him but I would certainly be on pins and needles if he came to Auburn...hoping he wouldn't screw up or we wouldn't hear reports of him doing various things b/c his actions show he could likely be a distraction. Last thing we need is a distraction but the player he is is worth the risk for us b/c we are thin at LB compared to Bama. Bama however can just reload with another star LB and dismiss RF with the quickness should he get way out of line. Hope that he knows that. That's why logically...Auburn is the best situation for him. No doubt he probably would be starting at Auburn vs. getting a few snaps at Bama.

We are going to be fine. We are running a 4-2-5 and only need 2 real line backers on the field. We have a bunch of young talent in the secondary and picked up a JUCO spur to play that hybrid line backer role. The sky is not falling. Gus knows exaclty what he is doing. We will end up with Adams and a few other good gets and finish around 8th or so on Rivals.

NO WE WON'T !!! I am so tied for hearing this from the sunshine pumpers. This has been going on for years and will continue to go on, unless nsomeone does something about it. This is why we were 3-9 last year and the cheaters won the nat. title. :angry:/>

Not being a pumper, but I think our coaches have done a phenomenal job in the little time they have had.

Just my opinion.

Alabama will continue to get top players as long as they are winning. I think CGM and the coaching staff are doing a great job, but let's face it folks, last season was a real downer.

Good news is we will be much improved in the near future and our stock will rise.

Still have some great recruits on board and some diamonds in the rough. Just need some experienced Junior College guys to come in and help take up the slack.

two things got rapped up today. one went the wrong way but im not too disappointed. i think RF might be a cancer. the other was a little boy got rescued and it couldnt have pleased me more that justice for his nightmare was effectivley served. its been a wonderful day.

Well said.

Along with Kouandjio night, the Yeldon day and Calloway day to name a few...I'm tired of Saban & Co. making Auburn look beyond foolish. Whatever the real story is with Foster, I'd love to know. If he goes to Bama, he'll play next year but, I'm wondering how long he'll be there. So far his recruitment has been just short of Willie Williams recruitment to Miami...I think he might have a similar career path to Willie too.

I said that exact thing in regards to Willie Williams.

some of the comments on here are sounding pretty doggone whiny. Good luck Reuben. We all wasted a lot of time the last few weeks fretting over you. I hope you made a good choice for you. As for me I'm going to rejoice over the players we get on Wednesday and the ones we already had that just needed a better mindset and an occasional kick in the butt. Auburn will be fine. Alabama won't always be on top. What goes up must come down.. War Eagle

Just have to vent. How can we let a kid like this - who we need more than any other player - get away to Bama when he is right there in our backyard. Unbelievable. You can get to the league from Slippery Rock if you are good enough. Just sickening. All the time and energy poured into recruiting this kid had to cost us chances of getting other top tier linebackers. Damn.

I doubt the RF saga is over my friend! I really do. Considering he lives in Auburn, his mother wants him at Auburn, and he made his decision on the way to the studio! Yea..wouldn't be surprised on bit if NSD is turned upside down with reports that RF has sent his LOI to Auburn. He loves the spotlight and would certainly get it doing that on NSD.

I really think we should just move on. I love the character of all the young men who have committed to us so far and it will be a great day when they run onto the field in orange and blue. If we are looking for more "Auburn Men" to join our family, do we continue to pin our hopes on someone who decided to be a Bammer (twice)? On Wednesday, I plan to be excited for every player who signs with us for they will be the ones who score the TDs, intercept the passes, block the kicks, hold the lines, and win the games for Auburn. I can't be worried about the 18 yr olds who will not be playing for Auburn. Oh, and by the way, I do not believe that RF made up his mind on the way to the studio.

two things got rapped up today. one went the wrong way but im not too disappointed. i think RF might be a cancer. the other was a little boy got rescued and it couldnt have pleased me more that justice for his nightmare was effectivley served. its been a wonderful day.

Well said.

We may all be disappointed with the decision, however I'll look for Ruben Foster to be an All American regardless of where he plays.

I think that ST knows what he is talking about if you read his posts on here. He said not to get down on Reuben if he picks Alabama because it is far from over. I think that his mom will fax in his LOI on Wednesday!

I hope you are right 1983. We needed this kid in the worst way and there is no way to sugar coat it. Whatever they need to do to get him to sign that LOI to us - within the bounds of reason and legality - needs to be done. He has a child that lives in Auburn and presumably will keep living there. How can he walk away from that? Man I hope we pull a CK out of this one. We need some more linebackers!

Perhaps this will fire up Casanova McKenzie. I still think Cass has a great future, and if our coaches can coach him up to his potential, he will be a great one.

I think that ST knows what he is talking about if you read his posts on here. He said not to get down on Reuben if he picks Alabama because it is far from over. I think that his mom will fax in his LOI on Wednesday!

Come on guys. He announced his decision, just live with it.

NO WE WON'T !!! I am so tied for hearing this from the sunshine pumpers. This has been going on for years and will continue to go on, unless nsomeone does something about it. This is why we were 3-9 last year and the cheaters won the nat. title. :angry:/>

You need to calm down; you're going to hurt yourself.

Come on guys. He announced his decision, just live with it.

Now that he is a Bammer commit, can we lock this thread and focus on the great recruits we have?

Archived