4 Bama Players Arrested

Plaric

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait...sooooo....

When you got 4 players arrested for armed robbery, you wouldn't have been more relieved to see that it wasn't Cam Newton, Nick Fairley, Darvin Adams, and Michael Dyer - instead of the 4 guys who actually did it?

Give me a break. If you say your reaction would have been exactly the same, and that you worry about ALL the kids equally, you're lying.

NOBODY wants kids on their team to get arrested. EVERYONE is relieved when they see it's some bench warmer who got in trouble as opposed to their starting QB. So please drop the pious nonsense.

I guess we have different values. The person's position on the team would not be the first thing I would think of when I hear this type of story. When this story broke in AU, I felt sadness for all four players involved and their families.......not because of their contribution on the football field but because they've been given the opportunity that so many kids would love to have and threw it all away in one night.

That's my FIRST reaction as well. But I also look, after the initial shock and disappointment, to see how much they contribute. It's human nature.

I agree it is something you think about after the initial disappointment......but all these Bama fans contacting me this morning are using that "none of the four are contributors" as an excuse that it doesn't affect Bama. As someone who loves Auburn University and college football, normal people and rational fan bases don't think that way. I still consider the "Auburn 4" as part of the Auburn family who played a horrible decision and now they're paying the consequences. I hope they get the help they need. The majority of Bama fans will not think twice about these kids once they get booted.

Wait...sooooo....

When you got 4 players arrested for armed robbery, you wouldn't have been more relieved to see that it wasn't Cam Newton, Nick Fairley, Darvin Adams, and Michael Dyer - instead of the 4 guys who actually did it?

Give me a break. If you say your reaction would have been exactly the same, and that you worry about ALL the kids equally, you're lying.

NOBODY wants kids on their team to get arrested. EVERYONE is relieved when they see it's some bench warmer who got in trouble as opposed to their starting QB. So please drop the pious nonsense.

I guess we have different values. The person's position on the team would not be the first thing I would think of when I hear this type of story. When this story broke in AU, I felt sadness for all four players involved and their families.......not because of their contribution on the football field but because they've been given the opportunity that so many kids would love to have and threw it all away in one night.

That's my FIRST reaction as well. But I also look, after the initial shock and disappointment, to see how much they contribute. It's human nature.

I agree it is something you think about after the initial disappointment......but all these Bama fans contacting me this morning are using that "none of the four are contributors" as an excuse that it doesn't affect Bama. As someone who loves Auburn University and college football, normal people and rational fan bases don't think that way. I still consider the "Auburn 4" as part of the Auburn family who made a horrible decision and now they're paying the consequences. I hope they get the help they need. The majority of Bama fans will not think twice about these kids once they get booted.

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

So much is said about Saban and his ability to control his players and keep them focused. Well.....reality is a biotch!

NO Dad, no Godly influence,no Character. It is systemic and a sad commentary on the society we live in. I recall during the Clinton years debateing character issues with my liberal friends. Most thought character didn't matter. Well this is the result. These type incidents will continue to get worse not better. It will happen again at my beloved Auburn as well as the school across the state.

Wait...sooooo....

I agree it is something you think about after the initial disappointment......but all these Bama fans contacting me this morning are using that "none of the four are contributors" as an excuse that it doesn't affect Bama. As someone who loves Auburn University and college football, normal people and rational fan bases don't think that way. I still consider the "Auburn 4" as part of the Auburn family who played a horrible decision and now they're paying the consequences. I hope they get the help they need. The majority of Bama fans will not think twice about these kids once they get booted.

It really boils down to the person IMO. Some kinds are "what can you do for me?" people. Others are "how can I help you?" people. gumps are all about bammer football, because at the end of the day, that is how they judge their self-worth. Other people love their school, but realize that life does not change, one bit, depending on how a school/sports team does.

Wait...sooooo....

I don't think of the Auburn 4 as part of the AU Family anymore. They made stupid decisions that not only jeopardized their future forever, but put my alma matre in a bad light. Until is UAT 4 came up this morning, I've rarely even given the AU4 a second thought.

Sorry if that sounds harsh or insensitive, but when kids throw away a free education and a bright future all because of some stupid whim, I have zero compassion.

Wait...sooooo....

I don't think of the Auburn 4 as part of the AU Family anymore. They made stupid decisions that not only jeopardized their future forever, but put my alma matre in a bad light. Until is UAT 4 came up this morning, I've rarely even given the AU4 a second thought.

Sorry if that sounds harsh or insensitive, but when kids throw away a free education and a bright future all because of some stupid whim, I have zero compassion.

I'm with you Keesler, difference being that I have ZERO sympathy for "Violent Offeders" or "Bullies". They deserve more than they get for punishment. Williams could end up doing some County time for this. He is a gonner anyway. Sabear will ask the judge to make an example of him if he is as smart as I think he is. It will come down to how his cases are handled. Will his punishment run concurrent or will he be tried for one then the other. I'm guessing SOMEONE will pony up for an attorney for them to begin with. They will have to plea guilty and take a deal though. Whose gonna pay for a defense for these to make it to trial? Williams COULD have the gun thing first, depending on whether it is a misdemeanor or a felony. If it is a felony gun charge he will probably have to use his first offender (unless ha already did at some point, doubt it tho) and when the assault and robbery come up he will be looking at maybe a 5 do 3 or something similar.

The amazing thing to me is that we have a Bama fan on an Auburn board with 18,000+ posts. WTH?

Every fan base has good fans...I frequent other boards and post and get along just fine with the natives....so I assume other fan bases do as well

The amazing thing to me is that we have a Bama fan on an Auburn board with 18,000+ posts. WTH?

There's a great feature here called "Ignore this poster". Works wonders.

The key is they were arrested by the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff. Saban has a standing deal with the Tuscaloosa City Police to bring all football players accused of violations to his house, regardless of the day or time. This is not a secret, I saw it explained by Saban himself on the Channel 12 news out of Montgomery.

Had the city police been the ones to grab these guys, we'd never have known about it.

You serious Clark?

Every fan base has good fans...I frequent other boards and post and get along just fine with the natives....so I assume other fan bases do as well

Yes, but BG would not fall into that category! :) IMO

The key is they were arrested by the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff. Saban has a standing deal with the Tuscaloosa City Police to bring all football players accused of violations to his house, regardless of the day or time. This is not a secret, I saw it explained by Saban himself on the Channel 12 news out of Montgomery.

Had the city police been the ones to grab these guys, we'd never have known about it.

Actually, I think they were arrested by the UA Police then transported to and booked at the Tuscaloosa County Sherrif's Office. Victims had to sign a complaint first before arrest warrants were issued.

Woah, Eddie Williams knocked this kid unconscious....where are the assault charges??? Knocking someone unconscious is second or first degree assault--both of which carry jail time.

Did I miss something...?

Archived