4 Bama Players Arrested

Plaric

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on you guys, this will not work, you conspiracy theorists are KILLING the conspiracy. If these players are being paid all these extra benefits, why do they need to rob and steal? If NS and the REC has that much control over the PD, how did this ever get out?

Does anybody know if any of the Universities do anything like pair up upperclassmen players with lowerclassmen players in like a mentioring relationship? Maybe not all of them, but some of the young guys who have behavioral issues, or are having a hard time adjusting, I think could benefit from some of the older guys who have been there and can try to help keep them straight and hold them accountable. I mean, I'm sure this probably happens to some degree informally, but if I was a coach, I think I would try to put in some kind of formal system to do this. Of course I'm not a coach.

This is awful just like when it happened at Auburn it's not exceptable, anyone that points a gun at someone to commit a crime should get life in prison. The truth is they probably had money in their pocket , this is just our society now.

^^^ditto^^^ .... this is no good at all.

It's not good for us, and certainly not good for any of those involved When the shoe was on the other foot it sucked, and it wasn't the school, and it wasn't the other players. Far better for us to take the high road, instead of sinking to the level of those who sought to undue us, otherwise we show ourselves to be no better than them. I want say, "Remember - when"... but it might be better to simply say, "We're mad as hell, and we're not going to take this anymore".

How is that any different than you wishing that they did make significant contribution to the team? Auburn has 4 players that commit armed robbery, and so far only one has gone to jail, and you dismiss them as just bad seeds, but Bama has 4 players that get in trouble, and suddenly we're trying to cover it up. Where's the link proving that Saban has ever said that he has a deal with the Tuscaloosa police? As with anyone else, we have no control on these young men 24/7, and if they choose to ruin their lives, then so be it.

Another reading impaired bamzo. I said I saw Saban himself say that on the channel 12 news out of Montgomery. Go find it. He's real sweet, telling about how he needs to build a better relationship with them so his guys don't get locked up. Apparently it's been working until this incident. Had this second deal not come up, the guy that threatened the gas station clerk with a gun Saturday would never have hit the media.

You cant be serious.

This is awful just like when it happened at Auburn it's not exceptable, anyone that points a gun at someone to commit a crime should get life in prison. The truth is they probably had money in their pocket , this is just our society now.

I believe the word you are looking for is acceptable.

My understanding of the bonding process. The bond the judge sets is to ensure the suspect does skip the court appearance or leave the country or state. If someone has 60k to offer up as collateral or owns property to use they can sign the bond. If you call a bondsman, he is on the hook for this 60k but he can charge you whatever amount he wishes and the money you pay his is his to keep. 10%is the norm, but they do accept less as different bonding companies are competing for this usually easy $.

I think they have all bonded out.

Which brings up another point. Less than six hours in jail and they all bonded out at $60,000 each. I'm curious how a college kid who needs to steal a credit card to buy a snack comes up with that kind of bond even if they only had to pay 10%. When I was in college, I didn't have $6,000 in my checking account.

Parents came to their rescue again IMO. Can't let my baby stay in jail for a few hours. Besides somebody else probably cause him to do it.

Where did the parents get $6,000, for bail?

My understanding of the bonding process. The bond the judge sets is to ensure the suspect does skip the court appearance or leave the country or state. If someone has 60k to offer up as collateral or owns property to use they can sign the bond. If you call a bondsman, he is on the hook for this 60k but he can charge you whatever amount he wishes and the money you pay his is his to keep. 10%is the norm, but they do accept less as different bonding companies are competing for this usually easy $.

Yes the bonding Co. will take 10% of $60,000; so again where did these thugs get $6,000?

Woah, Eddie Williams knocked this kid unconscious....where are the assault charges??? Knocking someone unconscious is second or first degree assault--both of which carry jail time.

Did I miss something...?

Assault is a lesser included in Robbery 2. If the DA decides its in the State's interest, the charge can be dropped to the lesser included or plead out.

Assault is not an included charge in Robbery 2; therefore, they can and should charge him with assault as well.

To be charged with Robbery 2 where I police in AL (what the ADA will accept) an assault must have occurred meaning it is included in the offense. In theory, it could be a robbery 1 charge due to the causing of injury but it has do to with what your DA is willing to prosecute. But I doubt anybody would charged w/robbery 2 w/o having assaulted the victim unless the only part of the code being used is that a second person was involved.

Dude, how have you made this long? No way I'm making it to that many posts. Anyway, on the topic, this is absolutely inexcusable. No way should a Division-I athlete be fighting a student, let alone putting him unconscious and stealing his belongings. These 4 need to go.

To me that is the worst part of the entire story - the fact that 3 division 1 athletes stood around targeting random students on campus and they do need to go.

Everyone is so caught up right now comparing this incident to the AU incident and the sad truth is this will not be the last story like this we hear. These kids just dont care. All of them barely 18 committing violent crimes with stories of unregistered guns and in this case people got hurt pretty bad. It really doesnt matter if you support our President or not - he is right in the idea that we have societies in this country that are a danger to us all and need some sort of guidence (referring to the pre-school part for anyone who watched). With all the attention they get it only adds fuel to their flawed character.

Someone earlier mentioned that only 1 of the AU4 is in jail and that is because he was the only guy with a gun. If you want a comparison - Goodwin and Eddie have made some pretty bad choices.

Dude, how have you made this long? No way I'm making it to that many posts. Anyway, on the topic, this is absolutely inexcusable. No way should a Division-I athlete be fighting a student, let alone putting him unconscious and stealing his belongings. These 4 need to go.

To me that is the worst part of the entire story - the fact that 3 division 1 athletes stood around targeting random students on campus and they do need to go.

Everyone is so caught up right now comparing this incident to the AU incident and the sad truth is this will not be the last story like this we hear. These kids just dont care. All of them barely 18 committing violent crimes with stories of unregistered guns and in this case people got hurt pretty bad. It really doesnt matter if you support our President or not - he is right in the idea that we have societies in this country that are a danger to us all and need some sort of guidence (referring to the pre-school part for anyone who watched). With all the attention they get it only adds fuel to their flawed character.

Someone earlier mentioned that only 1 of the AU4 is in jail and that is because he was the only guy with a gun. If you want a comparison - Goodwin and Eddie have made some pretty bad choices.

I had a UGA fan tell me that these SECWest thugs are nothing but posers..... Because the pistol still had a serial number, the credit card belonged to someone that wasn't "dead", the getaway car wasn't a Prius and no scooteres were involved, there was no mention of a "Time to Die"..... They said that the UAT & AU Felony 4's would have to pick up their thuggery if they want to keep up with the UGA & FLA thugs.

The SEC attracts the most talented athletes in the country - the SEC has won 7 straight BCSNC's. All that talent and success comes with a price tag, and can be a huge liability for ANY program.

Yes the bonding Co. will take 10% of $60,000; so again where did these thugs get $6,000?

Bondmen are very creative - they accept more than just cash money. Do any of these thugs have a car? Do any of their family members own a house, property, automobiles, jewelry, etc..?

I had a UGA fan tell me that these SECWest thugs are nothing but posers..... Because the pistol still had a serial number, the credit card belonged to someone that wasn't "dead", the getaway car wasn't a Prius and no scooteres were involved, there was no mention of a "Time to Die"..... They said that the UAT & AU Felony 4's would have to pick up their thuggery if they want to keep up with the UGA & FLA thugs.

The SEC attracts the most talented athletes in the country - the SEC has won 7 straight BCSNC's. All that talent and success comes with a price tag, and can be a huge liability for ANY program.

I started to bring up the stories about the filed serials and the dead kids credit card but decided to stop short - but you are right. 7 BCSNC's have come with a price that everyone outside the SEC points out. Let the Big Whatever recruit like Myers wants them too and they will take some pressure off the SEC - because they want our recruits. Controlling these kids is an issue no coach can handle - the problem existed too long before these kids get to school. Honestly, if our recruiting class ranks #10 every year but we can bring in the type of kids we seem to have landed this season - I will be just fine. We know what large senior classes bring.

What is awful, it was reported by Rick Carlie that some bammers were posting on social media about feeling sorry for the players that committed the act and were standing up for them.

What is awful, it was reported by Rick Carlie that some bammers were posting on social media about feeling sorry for the players that committed the act and were standing up for them.

You seem shocked. :dunno:

Unfortunately you are correct. I don't think I have ever read a negative piece about AU that did not involve the athletic program. Every school that puts athletic success at the top of its priorities eventually pays a price for it....and the students and grads are the ones that pay that price..

Don't think the UAT players used a gun. Just beat the guy up. If there was a gun the bond would have been higher and they might still be in jail.

Unfortunately you are correct. I don't think I have ever read a negative piece about AU that did not involve the athletic program. Every school that puts athletic success at the top of its priorities eventually pays a price for it....and the students and grads are the ones that pay that price..

It's the perfect storm of environment and chemistry. Most of the elite athletes come from environments where they are taught to fight for what they want and use force to solve problems. This is especially prominent in Southern culture (don't take offense if you live there, it's a scientifically studied fact). Then their aggression is encouraged even more on the football field, often with drill sergeant like methods. Add to that the massive levels of testosterone running through their system because of their elite physical fitness and you have the strong potential for out of control situations. While none of the above things is a cause, in and of itself, you put them together and the likelihood of something bad happening rises dramatically.

All you have to do is glance back at history and you see that sport was created, in many ways, as a substitute for war. Football, by it's violent nature, is one of the closer to the real thing. Pile onto that the false sense of entitlement that comes from being a part of an elite program, and you have a dangerous combination. Basically, you're creating immature man-boys who think they have the right to whatever they want and it's appropriate to use violence to get it.

The failing on the part of those running the sport is not providing the psychological support necessary for some people to separate the violence of the game from every day life. The same scenario is very much behind a lot of the really over the top fans, too. They are mentally whipped into a furry and then have no healthy way of releasing. That's why I spent much of my life avoiding sports and why Auburn football is the only sport I watch, because they have proven, over the years, to value character over winning and understand that hubris run amok is not acceptable. The last couple of years, they fell away from that. Hopefully Gus is fixing that.

Bondmen are very creative - they accept more than just cash money. Do any of these thugs have a car? Do any of their family members own a house, property, automobiles, jewelry, etc..?

Do they have money? Cars? Own a house? R u kidding me? This is uat were talking about, of course they have all of that u ask of. And then some.

yes they are. I used to play poker with one and got a few stories out of him. My mom is a jail administrator and she deals with them regularly, referees fights between them.

Archived