4 Bama Players Arrested

Plaric

I'm not usually someone to say this, but despite it happening to our rival, and a young man that turned his back on us, we should remember that these are young men with families. I hope whether they play football again or not this will be a wake up call to them to get their lives going in a better direction.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is that any different than you wishing that they did make significant contribution to the team? Auburn has 4 players that commit armed robbery, and so far only one has gone to jail, and you dismiss them as just bad seeds, but Bama has 4 players that get in trouble, and suddenly we're trying to cover it up. Where's the link proving that Saban has ever said that he has a deal with the Tuscaloosa police? As with anyone else, we have no control on these young men 24/7, and if they choose to ruin their lives, then so be it.

A caller to Scarbinsky's show this morning (97.3 Birmingham) talked about how relieved he was when he found out who the 4 were and that none of them made any significant contribution to the Tahd. Is it any wonder that outside the Tahd nation, that everyone else who follows college football believes that UA is nothing but a football factory, always has been and always will be? Of course, Scarbinsky and the co-host lit into this guy for his statement, but I bet you a dollar to a donut that this caller is not the only Tahd faithful who feels that way.

Football fanatics - rarely do fans know any of the players personally they just know the name and the star value they have attached to their name.

I wonder if the UAT fans are praying for the felony four and hoping that these "kids" get their lives straightened out and they can make something of themselves after they've served their jail time? We had a lot of prayers going out to our "kids" and their families when we experienced the same problem a couple of years ago.

How is that any different than you wishing that they did make significant contribution to the team?

It's not...but then again, where did he say anything close to wishing that they did make significant contributions to the team? This statement is fabricated nonsense.

I'm not usually someone to say this, but despite it happening to our rival, and a young man that turned his back on us, we should remember that these are young men with families. I hope whether they play football again or not this will be a wake up call to them to get their lives going in a better direction.

I agree. These are still young men with their lives ahead of them, maybe the judge will take this into consideration. Hate to see them throw their life away when they have the possibility to get a degree and move on in life.

A caller to Scarbinsky's show this morning (97.3 Birmingham) talked about how relieved he was when he found out who the 4 were and that none of them made any significant contribution to the Tahd. Is it any wonder that outside the Tahd nation, that everyone else who follows college football believes that UA is nothing but a football factory, always has been and always will be? Of course, Scarbinsky and the co-host lit into this guy for his statement, but I bet you a dollar to a donut that this caller is not the only Tahd faithful who feels that way.

I'm not sure what to say to that... I find it hard to believe that any alabama fan would be happy to see Eddie Williams arrested for something as serious as this seems to be. He is their future star to be at safety. He was a 5* kid in last years class and I don't believe they recruited any safety guys this year. I'm sure that they have plenty of depth to be able to absorb something like this, but I doubt that they are happy that Williams was part of it.

As for the other three, I don't think Calloway would have ever really contributed to them and I don't know enough about the other two, although I seem to remember that Pettway was a pretty highly regarded DE... not sure how well he's developed since getting to college.

Football fanatics - rarely do fans know any of the players personally they just know the name and the star value they have attached to their name.

I wonder if the UAT fans are praying for the felony four and hoping that these "kids" get their lives straightened out and they can make something of themselves after they've served their jail time? We had a lot of prayers going out to our "kids" and their families when we experienced the same problem a couple of years ago.

Im sure the less fanatic fans were, regardless, as an Auburn man I will not compare myself to bammers but will choose to pray for these young men.

These young men need our prayers right now. Not bashing.

I'm not sure anyone is bashing the kids. Most here are bashing the uat fans' reaction to the news.

I've had Bama friends calling me all morning and their first comment is always "I guess you heard about the 4 bama players arrested" and their second comment that follows shortly after is "but none were major contributors this year." My reply to Bama fans is that it's sad when young men throw away the opportunity of an education that has been given to them. This has nothing to do with football or the rivalry but unfortunately many bama fans are too ignorant to realize that.

The key is they were arrested by the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff. Saban has a standing deal with the Tuscaloosa City Police to bring all football players accused of violations to his house, regardless of the day or time. This is not a secret, I saw it explained by Saban himself on the Channel 12 news out of Montgomery.

Had the city police been the ones to grab these guys, we'd never have known about it.

Wonder if there were others that Saban told the sheriff not to arrest?

We all know that Saban is the Sheriff of Tuscaloosa County.

Wait...sooooo....

When you got 4 players arrested for armed robbery, you wouldn't have been more relieved to see that it wasn't Cam Newton, Nick Fairley, Darvin Adams, and Michael Dyer - instead of the 4 guys who actually did it?

Give me a break. If you say your reaction would have been exactly the same, and that you worry about ALL the kids equally, you're lying.

NOBODY wants kids on their team to get arrested. EVERYONE is relieved when they see it's some bench warmer who got in trouble as opposed to their starting QB. So please drop the pious nonsense.

Wait...sooooo....

When you got 4 players arrested for armed robbery, you wouldn't have been more relieved to see that it wasn't Cam Newton, Nick Fairley, Darvin Adams, and Michael Dyer - instead of the 4 guys who actually did it?

Give me a break. If you say your reaction would have been exactly the same, and that you worry about ALL the kids equally, you're lying.

NOBODY wants kids on their team to get arrested. EVERYONE is relieved when they see it's some bench warmer who got in trouble as opposed to their starting QB. So please drop the pious nonsense.

I guess we have different values. The person's position on the team would not be the first thing I would think of when I hear this type of story. When this story broke in AU, I felt sadness for all four players involved and their families.......not because of their contribution on the football field but because they've been given the opportunity that so many kids would love to have and threw it all away in one night.

Wait...sooooo....

Not saying everyone feels this way, but from my perspective it is always about the shadow it casts on the program and university. Not about whether they contribute or not. As it did to us, it just makes you look bad.

Wait...sooooo....

I guess we have different values. The person's position on the team would not be the first thing I would think of when I hear this type of story. When this story broke in AU, I felt sadness for all four players involved and their families.......not because of their contribution on the football field but because they've been given the opportunity that so many kids would love to have and threw it all away in one night.

That's my FIRST reaction as well. But I also look, after the initial shock and disappointment, to see how much they contribute. It's human nature.

The police botched the arrest's in some way. Charges will be dropped. The ones who don't contribute will be dropped from the team. The others will be "disciplined" in some way, but kept on the team.

Did any of them contribute? I've never heard of Hayes, and Calloway played some special teams. IDK about the other two.

Eddie Williams was just a true freshman this past season. He was rated a top 10 recruit in the nation I believe. I saw him quite a few times in HS. I thought he was really good, but found it hard to believe he was a top 10 recruit.

PCBauburnafan (I think that is his name) can tell you more about him. He played HS ball with him.

Yup, Eddie is a freak athlete that can hit with a lot of power. However he has a very poor work ethic, made it through high school due to fudged grades, and always got away with anything at the school. I told a lot of the Bama beat writers that were getting hyped about him that his character and work ethic would prevent him from ever seeing the field significantly.

Also find it interesting Brent Calloway is in trouble again, ill admit i enjoy seeing the turds get in trouble but on the same hand I hope this is a wake up call for these 4 boys and I emphasize the word boys because they're not men quite yet.

Another side note is I get agitated how players are treated differently than any other person. If anyone else was on campus with a firearm he has no permit for he probably wouldn't be walking around the same campus 2 days later with just a slap on the wrist

Arrest warrants: DJ Pettway punched student in the head and face and kicked him in the ribs and back before stealing laptop

Eddie Williams told police that he attacked the second victim while Hayes and Pettway stood by. Knocked him unconscious and stole his wallet

Eddie Williams was charged with having a gun after a disturbance at the BP on the Strip early Sunday morning

@TNews_Steph

Eddie is a serious athlete. But I think Pettway will be the biggest hit here. He was already a contributor and set to be a big time factor in the rotation this year.

Calloway has been in Saban's dog house since day one. He's a non-factor and this probably spells the end for him on any scale. Though I think all 4 should be kicked off the team, without question.

You can't just beat up some random kid and steal his stuff. What the hell did they think was going to happen?

Dang I feel sorry for Caleb L. Paul more than any of these guys. Getting beat up and robbed twice in the same day. All just so these goons can buy snacks. Don't matter if they were Bama players or Auburn players I have no sympathy for these guys.

Eddie is a serious athlete. But I think Pettway will be the biggest hit here. He was already a contributor and set to be a big time factor in the rotation this year.

Calloway has been in Saban's dog house since day one. He's a non-factor and this probably spells the end for him on any scale. Though I think all 4 should be kicked off the team, without question.

You can't just beat up some random kid and steal his stuff. What the hell did they think was going to happen?

Yeah it's not like most the campus doesn't know who you are

Archived