4 Bama Players Arrested

Plaric

As juscAUse said earlier, I'm really concerned about the way our youth are being raised. They are not being taught the value of a persons conduct, keeping one's word, and morals. This conduct is not about football or football programs, it's about our society not being held responsible for their own actions.

Ding - Ding!! We have a winner. This has nothing to do with any school. This is the society we have created on two fronts. Firstly, kids these days have little or no parental guidance regardless of marital status or income level. Secondly, the elite athletes are put on pedestals from about the 9th grade on into college. Most are not held to the same standards academically or in society as normal kids. They can do as they please with no repercussions.

i have to disagree with this. im not sure it was any better when i was a kid and im 40. its just more heard of. 20 years ago you would have read this in the paper 2 days later.

Your free to disagree if you like. I'm 70 and I can dang sure tell you we were raised different in my day. We were taught that a persons word was their bond and that we were helt accountable for our actions and that when we did something out of line it was our fault and not some one elses

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Qoute from saban just realeasted.

"The young men charged are indefinitely suspended as we continue to gather information and talk to the appropriate people. The University and football program have strict guidelines regarding issues of this magnitude," UA coach Nick Saban said. "This behavior is unacceptable for any student-athlete at the University of Alabama and not representative of our football program."

They're spending more time investigating a crime that the young men confessed to than they did in their 30 minute investigation of t-towns menswear. If a confession is made, the investigation should be over.

They confessed, but I have a feeling there is much more to the story. Only way to find out is if they keep investigating. Now whether are not we ever find out anything else is yet to be determined.

I'm not usually someone to say this, but despite it happening to our rival, and a young man that turned his back on us, we should remember that these are young men with families. I hope whether they play football again or not this will be a wake up call to them to get their lives going in a better direction.

Good post. I agree 100 %. No matter where these young men decide to play football, the big picture is life after football. I am never upset with a player who decides to play somewhere other than Auburn. That is their choice. I have always hated the following saying, but I think it is appropriate here.

"Hate the game, not the player".

What I have issue with is the system that is in place, not the player.

I too hope that this is life changing experience for the better, for all parties personally involved.

I think they have all bonded out.

Which brings up another point. Less than six hours in jail and they all bonded out at $60,000 each. I'm curious how a college kid who needs to steal a credit card to buy a snack comes up with that kind of bond even if they only had to pay 10%. When I was in college, I didn't have $6,000 in my checking account.

Which brings up another point. Less than six hours in jail and they all bonded out at $60,000 each. I'm curious how a college kid who needs to steal a credit card to buy a snack comes up with that kind of bond even if they only had to pay 10%. When I was in college, I didn't have $6,000 in my checking account.

Parents came to their rescue again IMO. Can't let my baby stay in jail for a few hours. Besides somebody else probably cause him to do it.

Parents came to their rescue again IMO. Can't let my baby stay in jail for a few hours. Besides somebody else probably cause him to do it.

i can't speak for any of the other players but I can guarantee you neither Williams, nor his mom, had $6,000 sitting around for bail. Don't know who payed for it.

Valid point above that there should also be an asault charge as well, but what I can't comprehend is why they'd do it for snacks?

Weed = munchies

lol!!

2 assaults in the same night??? my guess is they were substance altered? just a guess ...

sarcasm on ---> never met a stoned guy who wanted to fight though ... todays stuff must be different than 20 year ago stuff ...

^^This - I was perfectly happy to sit at home, chill on the sofa, listen to some good tunes and enjoy the company of my friendz. I never wanted to fight or be agressive or hurt anyone when I was baked. Now other drugs will make you feel like a prize fighter, but plain ole weed just doesn't do that to most folks.

Only time I wanted to fight was if somebody took my munchies.

This could be Brent's defense........ "Hey I was in my room just chilling when the munchies hit me...you know how you get the munchies?....Hey forget my priors. Anyway I see this card...it wasn't a credit card you know..just a card. So I said chill...this is just what I need."

HONEYBEAR #21 ♏ @BrentCalloway

@kyle2lamb first it wasn't a credit card and 2 I wasn't even awake during the robbery you don't kno what happened so dont try me dude

3:01 PM - 12 Feb 13

Woah, Eddie Williams knocked this kid unconscious....where are the assault charges??? Knocking someone unconscious is second or first degree assault--both of which carry jail time.

Did I miss something...?

Assault is a lesser included in Robbery 2. If the DA decides its in the State's interest, the charge can be dropped to the lesser included or plead out.

Assault is not an included charge in Robbery 2; therefore, they can and should charge him with assault as well.

HONEYBEAR #21 ♏ @BrentCalloway

@kyle2lamb first it wasn't a credit card and 2 I wasn't even awake during the robbery you don't kno what happened so dont try me dude

3:01 PM - 12 Feb 13

Hey, Brent Calloway, I hate to break it to ya, but using a kid's student ID in the vending machine is stealing also...kid's parents are paying that tab, ya know???

I do not fault UA for the behavior of its student athletes, any more than I blame Auburn for the 4 idiots we had. But, it should be treated with all seriousness. Beating a kid to unconsciousness is pretty bad, especially just to go buy snacks. Calloway doesn't sound like he thinks he did anything wrong. (I know he was not in on the beatings, but I bet he knew about it.)

Don't you have to be resident of the county you are arrested in to put up a bail bond?

The local bond company paid the full bail amounts to the county.

It's up to the bond company for who and what they except for the 10% paid. Who ever paid them the 10% on those 65 and 60 bonds probably had the resources to pay it all. The bond companies do not lose.

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

So much is said about Saban and his ability to control his players and keep them focused. Well.....reality is a biotch!

It's only because uat has their cover up system in place. You can bet saban is furious at the officer that arrested his players and didn't follow proper protocol by bringing them to him. This kind of stuff isn't supposed to be public knowledge when it happens at uat.

Wait...sooooo....

When you got 4 players arrested for armed robbery, you wouldn't have been more relieved to see that it wasn't Cam Newton, Nick Fairley, Darvin Adams, and Michael Dyer - instead of the 4 guys who actually did it?

Give me a break. If you say your reaction would have been exactly the same, and that you worry about ALL the kids equally, you're lying.

NOBODY wants kids on their team to get arrested. EVERYONE is relieved when they see it's some bench warmer who got in trouble as opposed to their starting QB. So please drop the pious nonsense.

Good golly 18000 plus post on a rival board- do you have anything else to do?

i can't speak for any of the other players but I can guarantee you neither Williams, nor his mom, had $6,000 sitting around for bail. Don't know who payed for it.

Good question anybody associated with updyke u couldn't because that would be a big problem. If your stealing money for the snack machine you probably don't have $6000 for bond that's for sure.

These young men need our prayers right now. Not bashing.

Actually the ones that need our prayers right now, are the two victims they beat the hell out of. They seem to be forgotten in all this. These players made their bed, the victims did not.

Don't you have to be resident of the county you are arrested in to put up a bail bond?

It's up to the bond company for who and what they except for the 10% paid. Who ever paid them the 10% on those 65 and 60 bonds probably had the resources to pay it all. The bond companies do not lose.

If the bail bondsman is a booster, makes any donations to the Athletic Department or even buys tickets to games then this is an NCAA violation unless of course he does this for all uat students who find themselves in jail.

If the bail bondsman is a booster, makes any donations to the Athletic Department or even buys tickets to games then this is an NCAA violation unless of course he does this for all uat students who find themselves in jail.

Mark Emmert will turn his head on this, nothing to see here!!

Wait...sooooo....

When you got 4 players arrested for armed robbery, you wouldn't have been more relieved to see that it wasn't Cam Newton, Nick Fairley, Darvin Adams, and Michael Dyer - instead of the 4 guys who actually did it?

Give me a break. If you say your reaction would have been exactly the same, and that you worry about ALL the kids equally, you're lying.

NOBODY wants kids on their team to get arrested. EVERYONE is relieved when they see it's some bench warmer who got in trouble as opposed to their starting QB. So please drop the pious nonsense.

Dude, how have you made this long? No way I'm making it to that many posts. Anyway, on the topic, this is absolutely inexcusable. No way should a Division-I athlete be fighting a student, let alone putting him unconscious and stealing his belongings. These 4 need to go.

The only way I see 3 high bond guys being out on the street that quick is for

a. family members signed over rights to their houses to cover bonds

b, The REC wants to support them enough to keep them loyal and silent on other matters. But that would be an NCAA violation to pay the bond fee for them.

Guest jojo1515

These young men need our prayers right now. Not bashing.

Actually the ones that need our prayers right now, are the two victims they beat the hell out of. They seem to be forgotten in all this. These players made their bed, the victims did not.

Amen

How freaking stupid are these kids? Rob a student then use his cards in the athletic dorm? That is serious stupidity. Wow. I suppose it's a good thing they aren't smart thugs.

How is that any different than you wishing that they did make significant contribution to the team? Auburn has 4 players that commit armed robbery, and so far only one has gone to jail, and you dismiss them as just bad seeds, but Bama has 4 players that get in trouble, and suddenly we're trying to cover it up. Where's the link proving that Saban has ever said that he has a deal with the Tuscaloosa police? As with anyone else, we have no control on these young men 24/7, and if they choose to ruin their lives, then so be it.

Another reading impaired bamzo. I said I saw Saban himself say that on the channel 12 news out of Montgomery. Go find it. He's real sweet, telling about how he needs to build a better relationship with them so his guys don't get locked up. Apparently it's been working until this incident. Had this second deal not come up, the guy that threatened the gas station clerk with a gun Saturday would never have hit the media.

Archived