4 Bama Players Arrested

Plaric

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember the threads and article comments two years ago when Auburn was on the flip side. Bama fans should really learn to know when to keep their mouths shut be humble and realize this behavior didnt in any way reflect the beliefs of Auburn university or its football program just as I know the same is true for the university of Alabama and its program. It's a huge black eye for both teams. Learn to not throw stones when you live in a glass house. All the crystal balls in the world can't buy you class and that is disturbingly obvious by the al.com article comments going on now. I can say I was extremely proud of the way Chiz handled it 2 years ago swift action without giving second thought if they were guilty or not in a court of law, only that any type of that behavior was not going to be tolerated. Guess we see what nick does soon.

I agree totally with the poster above this one. I was one who was not at all upset that Gene Chizik was relieved of his duties as head coach of the Auburn Tiger football team, but 2 years ago he did the absolute RIGHT thing when he immediately dismissed those 4 guys after the stunt they pulled with the armed robbery. However, from what I can tell after having just gotten off the al.com article on the situation in Tuscaloosa, those 4 guys are still on the Crimson Tide team. There has been no word from Nick Saban. I am curious as to what, if anything, the media in this state and on BSPN, will report about this.

Woah, Eddie Williams knocked this kid unconscious....where are the assault charges??? Knocking someone unconscious is second or first degree assault--both of which carry jail time.

Did I miss something...?

Good point. This is a pretty big deal. This was not just stealing a card to buy some food. There were multiple assaults. It will be interesting to see what happens to these kids. A few thoughts:

1. Glad it was not AU kids this time.

2. What a waste of talent for 1 5* player and 3 4* players.

3. Bama fans saying these kids were not a big deal last year is short sighted. I would guess each one of these kids would have projected as getting significant player time in the future.

4. Any time I hear the name Callaway, I always think, I winder what the real recruiting story was on him. I would love to know what really happened behind the scenes. Glad we did not get him now.

I agree totally with the poster above this one. I was one who was not at all upset that Gene Chizik was relieved of his duties as head coach of the Auburn Tiger football team, but 2 years ago he did the absolute RIGHT thing when he immediately dismissed those 4 guys after the stunt they pulled with the armed robbery. However, from what I can tell after having just gotten off the al.com article on the situation in Tuscaloosa, those 4 guys are still on the Crimson Tide team. There has been no word from Nick Saban. I am curious as to what, if anything, the media in this state and on BSPN, will report about this.

It’s actually an easy decision for Saban. No way a coach would keep any of these kids on the team. Same for Chizik with our Felony 4 - I was surprised at people who praised him for dismissing them. It was an easy call.

What I'm confused about is why these kids would take the guy's credit cards and cash. According to everyone here, they all get paid to sign, surely they didn't blow through all that money already!

Valid point above that there should also be an asault charge as well, but what I can't comprehend is why they'd do it for snacks?

Because they are dumb, stupid thugs that don't care one bit about beating someone unconscious & stealing their possessions. Kids like this don't stop and think about anything, they just act on impulse.

What I'm confused about is why these kids would take the guy's credit cards and cash. According to everyone here, they all get paid to sign, surely they didn't blow through all that money already!

This whole crime kinda flies in the face of the P4P scheme, doesn't it? :dunno:

Valid point above that there should also be an asault charge as well, but what I can't comprehend is why they'd do it for snacks?

This is the word on the street.

Saban called them into his office cussing and hollering, after getting on his step ladder and getting in their face he said "go get me some D@&N Little Debbies or your all kicked off the team! And I mean right now!!"

TIFWIW

Woah, Eddie Williams knocked this kid unconscious....where are the assault charges??? Knocking someone unconscious is second or first degree assault--both of which carry jail time.

Did I miss something...?

The assault is part of the crime of robbery.

Did I miss something...?

Perhaps, but normally you are charged with both until it is adjudicated.

I suppose it could still happen though.

Qoute from saban just realeasted.

"The young men charged are indefinitely suspended as we continue to gather information and talk to the appropriate people. The University and football program have strict guidelines regarding issues of this magnitude," UA coach Nick Saban said. "This behavior is unacceptable for any student-athlete at the University of Alabama and not representative of our football program."

Did I miss something...?

The only good think for them is that they did not use a firearm, They could get 2 years or more in jail.

Alabama Felony

In the state of Alabama there are three felony classes: Class A, Class B, and Class C.

Class A

These are the highest felon convictions received in the state of Alabama. With this conviction, the sentence received can be no less than 10 years and no more than life or ninety-nine years. If a deadly weapon, more specifically a firearm was used in this crime the conviction will be twenty years minimum. In the event that the conviction is for capital murder, the accused will receive an immediate sentence of life. Fines are no more than $60,000.

Class A Felonies:

• Murder and/or Capital murder

• Kidnapping-1st degree

• Rape- 1st degree

• Domestic Violence- 1st degree

• Burglary- 1st degree

• Arson- 1st degree

Class B

With this conviction, the sentence received can be no less than two years and no more than twenty years. If a firearm or other deadly weapon is used in the crime the sentence is a minimum of ten years. The fines associated with this conviction are no more than $10,000.

Class B Felonies:

• Manslaughter-1st degree

• Assault- 1st degree

• Kidnapping-2nd degree

• Rape-2nd degree

• Sexual crimes

• Burglary-2nd degree

• Robbery

• Arson- 2nd degree

• Theft of property-1st degree

• Theft of services-1st degree

• Receiving stolen merchandise-1st degree

Class C

With this conviction, the sentence is no less than two years and no more than twent years. If firearm or other deadly weapon is used the minimum sentence is ten years. Fine are no more than $5000.

Class C Felonies:

• Criminally negligent homocide

• Custody Interference

• Criminal Tampering- 1st degree

• Receiving stolen merchandise- 2nd degree

It’s actually an easy decision for Saban. No way a coach would keep any of these kids on the team. Same for Chizik with our Felony 4 - I was surprised at people who praised him for dismissing them. It was an easy call.

I agree that it is an easy decision, but so far, I have not seen any evidence that Saban has made that decision. I was just on al.com and saw nothing about Saban dismissing these players.

2nd arrest for 2 of the 4 and they are "indefinately" suspended. Williams will learn his lesson (get a permit for the gun), Calloway is gone (no longer a threat to go to AU), and not sure about the other 2.

PS - want to see more of this? Keep clicking all the links to the pages talking about this and share on FB and Twitter. uat loyalty is pretty deep with most media, however, I am willing to bet that $$$ runs a little deeper.

Wait...sooooo....

When you got 4 players arrested for armed robbery, you wouldn't have been more relieved to see that it wasn't Cam Newton, Nick Fairley, Darvin Adams, and Michael Dyer - instead of the 4 guys who actually did it?

Give me a break. If you say your reaction would have been exactly the same, and that you worry about ALL the kids equally, you're lying.

NOBODY wants kids on their team to get arrested. EVERYONE is relieved when they see it's some bench warmer who got in trouble as opposed to their starting QB. So please drop the pious nonsense.

As I recall, McNeill and kitchens were great contributors on our team in 2010. McNeill was starting safety that would had returned as a senior in 2011, and no we don't act like bama fans when it comes to our student athletes.

The key is they were arrested by the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff. Saban has a standing deal with the Tuscaloosa City Police to bring all football players accused of violations to his house, regardless of the day or time. This is not a secret, I saw it explained by Saban himself on the Channel 12 news out of Montgomery.

Had the city police been the ones to grab these guys, we'd never have known about it.

You serious Clark?

I can guarantee you that is NOT the case. Things may get swept under the rug after the fact....(Like Joe Namath's daughter's arrest) but it is NOT true that officers must take players to Saban's house. Also, I believe these arrests were made by UAPD NOT the sheriff's department.

Remember that as soon as the story broke about the Felony 4 in Auburn, these players were dismissed immediately! And if this would have been Auburn's players, they would already be gone. Chizik had many flaws, but he was definitely a man of character.

The Longest Yard III filmed at Atmore Prison.... Calloway with a deep drop, Williams open on a slant route..the ball's in the air...ooh Shawn Kitchens steps in with a pick. He's going to the house...pick six!!!! Touchdown A-u-b-u-r-n...it's looks like the Tigers just put the wrapping on the 2014 Leg Iron Bowl.

Did I miss something...?

Perhaps, but normally you are charged with both until it is adjudicated.

I suppose it could still happen though.

If they wanted to add more charges they could add theft of property 2nd degree, a class C felony.

Archived