4 Bama Players Arrested

Plaric

Valid point above that there should also be an asault charge as well, but what I can't comprehend is why they'd do it for snacks?

Weed = munchies

lol!!

2 assaults in the same night??? my guess is they were substance altered? just a guess ...

sarcasm on ---> never met a stoned guy who wanted to fight though ... todays stuff must be different than 20 year ago stuff ...

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Longest Yard III filmed at Atmore Prison.... Calloway with a deep drop, Williams open on a slant route..the ball's in the air...ooh Shawn Kitchens steps in with a pick. He's going to the house...pick six!!!! Touchdown A-u-b-u-r-n...it's looks like the Tigers just put the wrapping on the 2014 Leg Iron Bowl.

As inappropriate and politically incorrect as this post may be, it is equally funny. Bravo.

A laptop?

They should have just thrown it out the window...

Don't pay any attention to bama grad. He let out a big sigh and then called all his AU fans and claimed that 10 players got arrested. He said 6 of them were from a long time ago,but they still counted! Just joking,dude. It's a sad day when this happens to anyone. I reminded all ua buds (when it happened to us) that they all had offers from everywhere. That applies to my AU family in this case,too. Something has been totally screwed up in our country for sometime now,and I think it might have something to do with parenting,or a total lack of the same.

The amazing thing to me is that we have a Bama fan on an Auburn board with 18,000+ posts. WTH?

There's a great feature here called "Ignore this poster". Works wonders.

Excellent advice.

The key is they were arrested by the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff. Saban has a standing deal with the Tuscaloosa City Police to bring all football players accused of violations to his house, regardless of the day or time. This is not a secret, I saw it explained by Saban himself on the Channel 12 news out of Montgomery.

Had the city police been the ones to grab these guys, we'd never have known about it.

Actually, I think they were arrested by the UA Police then transported to and booked at the Tuscaloosa County Sherrif's Office. Victims had to sign a complaint first before arrest warrants were issued.

These guys must of been on the list to process out.

Made it easy.

The Longest Yard III filmed at Atmore Prison.... Calloway with a deep drop, Williams open on a slant route..the ball's in the air...ooh Shawn Kitchens steps in with a pick. He's going to the house...pick six!!!! Touchdown A-u-b-u-r-n...it's looks like the Tigers just put the wrapping on the 2014 Leg Iron Bowl.

As inappropriate and politically incorrect as this post may be, it is equally funny. Bravo.

:bow:

That's funny right there. I don't care who you are.

The key is they were arrested by the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff. Saban has a standing deal with the Tuscaloosa City Police to bring all football players accused of violations to his house, regardless of the day or time. This is not a secret, I saw it explained by Saban himself on the Channel 12 news out of Montgomery.

Had the city police been the ones to grab these guys, we'd never have known about it.

Actually, I think they were arrested by the UA Police then transported to and booked at the Tuscaloosa County Sherrif's Office. Victims had to sign a complaint first before arrest warrants were issued.

These guys must of been on the list to process out.

Made it easy.

First step in the line of getting processed out: You must provide your own snacks. lol

Sorry, I couldn't resist. In all seriousness, this is just terrible. I hate to see any young person blow an opportunity to receive a quality college education. Especially a young person that is being given that opportunity free of charge because of God-given talent and hard work to get that opportunity. I also hate it for the victims. There should be no place for this type of bullying and intimidation.

As juscAUse said earlier, I'm really concerned about the way our youth are being raised. They are not being taught the value of a persons conduct, keeping one's word, and morals. This conduct is not about football or football programs, it's about our society not being held responsible for their own actions.

Valid point above that there should also be an asault charge as well, but what I can't comprehend is why they'd do it for snacks?

Weed = munchies

lol!!

2 assaults in the same night??? my guess is they were substance altered? just a guess ...

sarcasm on ---> never met a stoned guy who wanted to fight though ... todays stuff must be different than 20 year ago stuff ...

^^This - I was perfectly happy to sit at home, chill on the sofa, listen to some good tunes and enjoy the company of my friendz. I never wanted to fight or be agressive or hurt anyone when I was baked. Now other drugs will make you feel like a prize fighter, but plain ole weed just doesn't do that to most folks.

As juscAUse said earlier, I'm really concerned about the way our youth are being raised. They are not being taught the value of a persons conduct, keeping one's word, and morals. This conduct is not about football or football programs, it's about our society not being held responsible for their own actions.

Ding - Ding!! We have a winner. This has nothing to do with any school. This is the society we have created on two fronts. Firstly, kids these days have little or no parental guidance regardless of marital status or income level. Secondly, the elite athletes are put on pedestals from about the 9th grade on into college. Most are not held to the same standards academically or in society as normal kids. They can do as they please with no repercussions.

Weed = munchies

lol!!

^^This - I was perfectly happy to sit at home, chill on the sofa, listen to some good tunes and enjoy the company of my friendz. I never wanted to fight or be agressive or hurt anyone when I was baked. Now other drugs will make you feel like a prize fighter, but plain ole weed just doesn't do that to most folks.

Only time I wanted to fight was if somebody took my munchies.

could beating a kid unconcious be attempted murder? i hate to compare this to our our felony four but i guess guns are the only difference. a gun was confiscated the day before? these guys physically harmed two students they should serve time. the stupidity to use stolen credit cards just amazes me.

While no can argue the importance of parental guidance, it doesn't take a Nobel prize winner to comprehend that you should not and cannot beat someone unconsious and steal from them without result. Plenty of people in this world have had less than perfect upbringings and still have some concept of right and wrong. Personal responsibility.

Ding - Ding!! We have a winner. This has nothing to do with any school. This is the society we have created on two fronts. Firstly, kids these days have little or no parental guidance regardless of marital status or income level. Secondly, the elite athletes are put on pedestals from about the 9th grade on into college. Most are not held to the same standards academically or in society as normal kids. They can do as they please with no repercussions.

i have to disagree with this. im not sure it was any better when i was a kid and im 40. its just more heard of. 20 years ago you would have read this in the paper 2 days later.

++

The next time something like this happens it could be in Auburn....and just because it is a couple of Bama kids THIS TIME, i don't have some warm feeling about Karma or whatever. To me at least, this no different than the "Auburn Four"/...just four guys who blew it.

Thanks for posting this.

A ton of these kids don't have a parent that guides them, or if they do, the parent isn't looking out for the best interest of the kid. (I'm reminded of the mom that ran off with the recruits NLOI the other day and refused to sign it because "she" wanted the kid to stay in the Miami area. WTH?)

So many of these kids are guided by handlers, mentors, "legal guardians", and others that are just in it for themselves. A lot of these athletes come from some rough neighborhoods, and ghetto/thuggish surroundings - they actually "want" to look and act like a gangsta.

I respect the kids that come up out of the trash they were raised in and actually DO something to better themselves and make the decision to improve their lives and be better people. But, some of them just don't know any better when that's the only environment they've ever known. Think back to the "Blind Side" and the environent Orr came from - that's situation is very familiar to many of these stud HS athletes.

could beating a kid unconcious be attempted murder? i hate to compare this to our our felony four but i guess guns are the only difference. a gun was confiscated the day before? these guys physically harmed two students they should serve time. the stupidity to use stolen credit cards just amazes me.

Depends on if the DA wants to hammer their asses to the wall I guess. How many of our FelonyFour are behind bars today?

Woah, Eddie Williams knocked this kid unconscious....where are the assault charges??? Knocking someone unconscious is second or first degree assault--both of which carry jail time.

Did I miss something...?

Assault is a lesser included in Robbery 2. If the DA decides its in the State's interest, the charge can be dropped to the lesser included or plead out.

++

The next time something like this happens it could be in Auburn....and just because it is a couple of Bama kids THIS TIME, i don't have some warm feeling about Karma or whatever. To me at least, this no different than the "Auburn Four"/...just four guys who blew it.

Crap like this goes in cycles in the SEC, UAT has been pretty clean the last couple of years. It's just cycled around to their turn now. Arky/UGA/FLA/LSU/UAT/AU/UT (they created the 'Fulmer Cup') Damn near every big time team has been touched by the stupidity of a testosterone filled meat-head that can't help but do stupid, idiotic stuff that makes absolutely no sense at all.

Qoute from saban just realeasted.

"The young men charged are indefinitely suspended as we continue to gather information and talk to the appropriate people. The University and football program have strict guidelines regarding issues of this magnitude," UA coach Nick Saban said. "This behavior is unacceptable for any student-athlete at the University of Alabama and not representative of our football program."

They're spending more time investigating a crime that the young men confessed to than they did in their 30 minute investigation of t-towns menswear. If a confession is made, the investigation should be over.

Qoute from saban just realeasted.

"The young men charged are indefinitely suspended as we continue to gather information and talk to the appropriate people. The University and football program have strict guidelines regarding issues of this magnitude," UA coach Nick Saban said. "This behavior is unacceptable for any student-athlete at the University of Alabama and not representative of our football program."

They're spending more time investigating a crime that the young men confessed to than they did in their 30 minute investigation of t-towns menswear. If a confession is made, the investigation should be over.

I'm sure their status as a student-ahtlete was over the minute they were booked. They won't even be just plain ole "students" any longer.

This has nothing to do with how the youth of today is being raised....has everything to do with the fact that parents AREN'T raising them. I honestly see very little effort by parents these days....they are too busy self medicating themselves and trying to use their kids as paychecks now a days

Depends on if the DA wants to hammer their asses to the wall I guess. How many of our FelonyFour are behind bars today?

Just one I think, Antonio Goodwin. He was sentenced to 15 years for armed robbery.

http://www.doc.state...astName=goodwin

GOODWIN, ANTONIO MERQUIS KILBY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY Release Date 5/26/2027

Archived