4 Bama Players Arrested

Plaric

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Processed out I guess. Now Saban has room for those extra folks he signed.

The police botched the arrest's in some way. Charges will be dropped. The ones who don't contribute will be dropped from the team. The others will be "disciplined" in some way, but kept on the team.

By clicking on the individual mug shots in the original link, you can get the exact charges:

Eddie Williams, Tyler Hayes and Dennis Pettaway: Robbery, 2nd degree

Eddie Williams and Brent Calloway: Fraudulent Use of Credit/Debit Card

For the lawyer/law enforcement types out there: What does "Robbery, 2nd degree" usually involve? ...just curious

Code of Alabama - Title 13A: Criminal Code - Section 13A-8-42 - Robbery in the second degree

Section 13A-8-42 - Robbery in the second degree.

(a) A person commits the crime of robbery in the second degree if he violates Section 13A-8-43 and he is aided by another person actually present.

Robbery in the second degree is a Class B felony.

Code of Alabama - Title 13A: Criminal Code - Section 13A-8-43 - Robbery in the third degree

Section 13A-8-43 - Robbery in the third degree.

(a) A person commits the crime of robbery in the third degree if in the course of committing a theft he:

(1) Uses force against the person of the owner or any person present with intent to overcome his physical resistance or physical power of resistance; or

(2) Threatens the imminent use of force against the person of the owner or any person present with intent to compel acquiescence to the taking of or escaping with the property.

Robbery in the third degree is a Class C felony.

Processed out I guess. Now Saban has room for those extra folks he signed.

Exactly what I was thinking. These stupid guys did Nicky a huge favor ~ somehow he always makes his number even with the extra signees every year.

The police botched the arrest's in some way. Charges will be dropped. The ones who don't contribute will be dropped from the team. The others will be "disciplined" in some way, but kept on the team.

Did any of them contribute? I've never heard of Hayes, and Calloway played some special teams. IDK about the other two.

The key is they were arrested by the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff. Saban has a standing deal with the Tuscaloosa City Police to bring all football players accused of violations to his house, regardless of the day or time. This is not a secret, I saw it explained by Saban himself on the Channel 12 news out of Montgomery.

Had the city police been the ones to grab these guys, we'd never have known about it.

I guess Coach Malzahn was right when he said this was a new day for Auburn football.

Our plant in the turdville police department worked with getting the tahd to finally start paying for their crimes.......one player at a time!!!

Dodged a bullet ... recall, it is the second arrest for Calloway ... he was charged with marijuana possession in October of 2011.

http://alabama.rival...asp?CID=1471583

This is also the second arrest in 2 days for Eddie Williams. He was arrested the day prior for carrying a pistol without a license.

I'm betting BSPN will have a quick blurb, and it'll get buried. B'ham News may not even report it.

BSPN will point out AUBURN is in the same state as tuscaloosa and "sources report" Cam Newton's 2d cousin once talked with Calloway's great uncle @ the grocery store.

Did any of them contribute? I've never heard of Hayes, and Calloway played some special teams. IDK about the other two.

Eddie Williams was just a true freshman this past season. He was rated a top 10 recruit in the nation I believe. I saw him quite a few times in HS. I thought he was really good, but found it hard to believe he was a top 10 recruit.

PCBauburnafan (I think that is his name) can tell you more about him. He played HS ball with him.

A caller to Scarbinsky's show this morning (97.3 Birmingham) talked about how relieved he was when he found out who the 4 were and that none of them made any significant contribution to the Tahd. Is it any wonder that outside the Tahd nation, that everyone else who follows college football believes that UA is nothing but a football factory, always has been and always will be? Of course, Scarbinsky and the co-host lit into this guy for his statement, but I bet you a dollar to a donut that this caller is not the only Tahd faithful who feels that way.

A caller to Scarbinsky's show this morning (97.3 Birmingham) talked about how relieved he was when he found out who the 4 were and that none of them made any significant contribution to the Tahd. Is it any wonder that outside the Tahd nation, that everyone else who follows college football believes that UA is nothing but a football factory, always has been and always will be? Of course, Scarbinsky and the co-host lit into this guy for his statement, but I bet you a dollar to a donut that this caller is not the only Tahd faithful who feels that way.

Well, I would expect people who have no real connection to the university, other than being a fan of the football team, would feel this way.

Archived