Game 8 vs Kennesaw State

Still scoreless after 4. Tella with a beautiful catch in T4 to save a run. Not getting the timely hit, left the bases juiced in the second and fourth innings.

1-0 T5, 2 outs. Thrown out at the plate for the second out. Ortman's day is done, leaves with runners on 1st and 3rd and 2 outs. Chase Williamson in. WP allows second run to score. Batter 3-1 to end the top half of the inning. 2-0 KSU B5

Quick 1-2-3 for AU B5...Burgreen with a chopper to first, Yak watches strike 3, and Ryan hits a rope right into the right fielder's glove. Headed to 6th

Bases juiced for KSU with 2 outs T6...Yak makes a good stop in the 5.5 hole but has nowhere to throw it to put runners on 1st and 2nd. Next pitch takes Yak right toward 2nd base foor 3rd out, but ball drops out of his glove. Bases loaded, 2 outs, pitching change upcoming

RBI double to the monster. 7-0. Five unearned runs, all with 2 outs. And on that note, headed to 5:00 class. War Eagle anyway, MUST sweep this weekend!

Wow...I turned my back for a few minutes to take care of some business on the phone and come back to find 5 more runs on the board. Must have been a bit ugly if they were unearned.

Well....another mid-week melt down.....can't afford many of these.

Not good... This is what killed us last year was losing these midweek games. I am really concerned about how we will do in SEC play. We have yet really to go out there an establish ourselves as head and shoulders better than the light competition we are playing.... Very disappointed

Not good... This is what killed us last year was losing these midweek games.

Too true. After looking at our RPI/RPI projections, I don't buy into the "We have to go 14-2 in our opening stretch or we're done, the sky is falling crowd" but our midweek play MUST improve this year if we are going to make any noise. I think our magic number coming from the SEC this year will be to get to 32 wins (it's a homemade Java code that has matched up decently well in previous years, definitely not Joe Lunardi of baseball well, but yay it got me an A for a class project well). Right now, if we win all our non-SEC games and go 15-15 (VERY tough to do this year) in conference, we will have 36 wins, so we're definitely walking the ledge with little room early in the season. Oh well, one game at a time, chop wood this weekend, and get the brooms out to right the ship.

Not good... This is what killed us last year was losing these midweek games.

Too true. After looking at our RPI/RPI projections, I don't buy into the "We have to go 14-2 in our opening stretch or we're done, the sky is falling crowd" but our midweek play MUST improve this year if we are going to make any noise. I think our magic number coming from the SEC this year will be to get to 32 wins (it's a homemade Java code that has matched up decently well in previous years, definitely not Joe Lunardi of baseball well, but yay it got me an A for a class project well). Right now, if we win all our non-SEC games and go 15-15 (VERY tough to do this year) in conference, we will have 36 wins, so we're definitely walking the ledge with little room early in the season. Oh well, one game at a time, chop wood this weekend, and get the brooms out to right the ship.

This has more to do with the entire athletic program. Worst season I have ever seen. Period.

It's gonna be a long baseball season.

It's gonna be a long baseball season.

Depends on your expectations. Every game is a new experience.....in baseball the worst teams beat the best and win some series and JMO but this loss does not necessarily indicate anything about the future.

Coaches always use the mid-week games to develop pitchers and some of the younger players. Seems a couple of the pitchers could not "get over" a two out error and let things get away. Pitchers have to learn to suck it up after an error.... bear down and get the next batter......which they were not able to do yesterday.

My biggest concern is the RPI. Of some folks on here are right then we are basically one more loss away from the season being a loss. If our ooc schedule won't get us in the post season with more than a couple losses then it means we have to ace our sec schedule and sec tournament ... That doesn't stand to reason if we can't win these midweeks ...

I need to stop watching AU sports for a week or 2. Maybe the equestrian and gymnastics teams will save the athletics season ... :)

I need to stop watching AU sports for a week or 2. Maybe the equestrian and gymnastics teams will save the athletics season ... :)/>

The equestrian team will be a top contender for a national championship. Forget gymnastics unless you want to see more beatdowns of Auburn by UAT and UGA.

I need to stop watching AU sports for a week or 2. Maybe the equestrian and gymnastics teams will save the athletics season ... :)/>

The equestrian team will be a top contender for a national championship. Forget gymnastics unless you want to see more beatdowns of Auburn by UAT and UGA.

You always win when you watch girls gymnastics.

Just a note to the uninformed:

AU's gymnastic team is ranked #11 nationally.

Not bad for a program that has to recruit EVERY athlete from out of state.

And....#11 nationally equals #5 in the SEC. How many SEC teams even have a gymnastics team? Is 5th also last? Our losing streak to UAT had reached 109 straight matches the last time I saw a report on it. Don't they have to recruit out of state also?

Link to the rankings: http://usagym.org/pages/home/college/2013/rankings.html

I know, no more "fire JJ threads" but I'm allowed at least one such post, yes? May read oddly, but horrific football, basketball and an avg baseball start notwithstanding, swimming NOT winning the SEC this year pushed me over the edge into the JJ is now fire-fodder crowd. Death, taxes and Auburn men will win SEC swimming. Until this year. 2013 baseball and football could change my mind again, which is really important b/c I'm sure The Powers are monitoring me as THE bellewether of AU fandom.

And....#11 nationally equals #5 in the SEC. How many SEC teams even have a gymnastics team? Is 5th also last? Our losing streak to UAT had reached 109 straight matches the last time I saw a report on it. Don't they have to recruit out of state also?

Link to the rankings: http://usagym.org/pa...3/rankings.html

http://www.wareagleextra.com/

11th nationally is 11th nationally....oh...they beat LSU the other night. Seems some folks just don't want to give credit where it's due.

Archived