2014 4* C Joshua Casher (Alabama signee)

auburnandjagsfan

E, I thought he got his 4th star, although 247 is still showing him as a 3*. Am I wrong?

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

E, I thought he got his 4th star, although 247 is still showing him as a 3*. Am I wrong?

247 has always had him as a high 3*. He got a 4th star on Rivals and a huge boost to 106 overall. That bump on rivals also gave him a 4th* on the 247 composite rankings. The composite is an equal weighted combo of all 4 sites. 247 rankings and the 247 composite are different rankings. Link

247 has always had him as a high 3*. He got a 4th star on Rivals and a huge boost to 106 overall. That bump on rivals also gave him a 4th* on the 247 composite rankings. The composite is an equal weighted combo of all 4 sites. 247 rankings and the 247 composite are different rankings. Link

Yeah, I understand all that; but, if Rivals and 247 composite both have him a 4* as you stated above, seems he should be listed as a 4*. No big deal; he's still a helluva prospect!!

Yeah, I understand all that; but, if Rivals and 247 composite both have him a 4* as you stated above, seems he should be listed as a 4*. No big deal; he's still a helluva prospect!!

He is listed as a 4* on the composite which is what 247 goes by when doing team rankings. What do you mean by listed?Are you asking aboutthe title of this thread?...which I just now noticed did not have a star listed and is being fixed right now.

He is listed as a 4* on the composite which is what 247 goes by when doing team rankings. What do you mean by listed?Are you asking aboutthe title of this thread?...which I just now noticed did not have a star listed and is being fixed right now.

Not to make a big deal about this, but 247 , in our team ranking (currently #11), we have 5 prospects at 4*, and 4 at 3*, with Casher listed as a 3 *. Shouldn't he be listed as a 4*?

Auburn has for a while done really well finding great C's that start for many years. Cashier is our next in line.

Not to make a big deal about this, but 247 , in our team ranking (currently #11), we have 5 prospects at 4*, and 4 at 3*, with Casher listed as a 3 *. Shouldn't he be listed as a 4*?

Look again. It has his 247 rating of 3*s and the composite ranking of 4*s on the team commits page but they only use composite rankings in the team rankings. As you said they count five 4*s in our team rankings. The only way they can count five is if they count Casher as a 4* instead of a 3* which they did to go along with Tre, Ruffin, Thornton, and Moncrief. I think you might be confused because the order is listed in terms of 247 rankings even though they are not used in team rankings. Link

Look again. It has his 247 rating of 3*s and the composite ranking of 4*s on the team commits page but they only use composite rankings in the team rankings. As you said they count five 4*s in our team rankings. The only way they can count five is if they count Casher as a 4* instead of a 3* which they did to go along with Tre, Ruffin, Thornton, and Moncrief. I think you might be confused because the order is listed in terms of 247 rankings even though they are not used in team rankings. Link

Gotcha E!! Many thanks.

Flame on all u want when I say this, if he was commited to the turds he would have a 5th star already!! Bank it

Not every Bama commit gets the bump.

Flame on all u want when I say this, if he was commited to the turds he would have a 5th star already!! Bank it

i think part of that is having coaches good at evaluating talent. dont be surprised with our great recruiters to eventually see the same type of bumps at times. JMO

• 2 weeks later...

Just an independent Bammer being a Bammer. Besides Bama about to get their center from Minnesota..

From what I've seen, if a player visits Bama and has an offer from Bama (idk about committable) then varsitypreps.com predicts that they will sign with Bama. I think that they're the only ones on 247 that still predict Roc to Bama.

The Minnesota kid's name is Hassenauer and he has yet to commit to bamma. Seems like they might have found a pretty good one in this kid.

The Minnesota kid's name is Hassenauer and he has yet to commit to bamma. Seems like they might have found a pretty good one in this kid.

I thought I saw that he finally did commit last night, It will make me feel better even though Bone (I think) says they will take two C and move one to OG. :bs:

I thought I saw that he finally did commit last night, It will make me feel better even though Bone (I think) says they will take two C and move one to OG. :bs:

He did. Look at what time Jouie's post was that you quoted.

I'm reading that saban is really going Joshua Casher really hard. I hope coach Malzahn and his staff are able to hang on tight to Joshua and our other commitments.

Archived