2014 4* C Joshua Casher (Alabama signee)

auburnandjagsfan

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@GregO_ESPN 4m

OL Josh Casher told me this morning he received his invitation to the Under Armour game. He will join teammate Tre Williams.

I read teoday that the coach from across that state has offered Casher. I find it very strang that that coach never offers a player unless he commits to Auburn first then little one jumps in with both feet and hands.

Simply incorrect. He has offered many players first. And some potential gem recruits we did not even know about. This time I think the offer is more about Casher kicking everyone's arse all over Hoover last weekend at the Rivals Camp.

I'm glad you pointed out that misstatement, E. I've seen it posted on so many forums, it's been assumed as fact by a lot of AU fans. Coach Saban may be short of stature, but he's not short on ego and confidence. I'm sure he thinks he's a better talent evaluator and recruiter than anyone on AU staff, but he might admit privately (not publicly) that he had underrated Casher before the Rivals Camp.

I read teoday that the coach from across that state has offered Casher. I find it very strang that that coach never offers a player unless he commits to Auburn first then little one jumps in with both feet and hands.

Simply incorrect. He has offered many players first. And some potential gem recruits we did not even know about. This time I think the offer is more about Casher kicking everyone's arse all over Hoover last weekend at the Rivals Camp.

I'm glad you pointed out that misstatement, E. I've seen it posted on so many forums, it's been assumed as fact by a lot of AU fans. Coach Saban may be short of stature, but he's not short on ego and confidence. I'm sure he thinks he's a better talent evaluator and recruiter than anyone on AU staff, but he might admit privately (not publicly) that he had underrated Casher before the Rivals Camp.

And so did many staffs. No shame in that.

Auburn coaches are in a no-win situation with this kind of thing. If they spot a 3* diamond in the rough and make an offer...and if Bama does not immediately follow up with an offer, half the people posting on this board figure our coaches made a mistake. Tubs was a good judge of talent and could spot prospects before many other programs did. Chiz? I'm not so sure...but he had some success......and Gus hasn't had time to show us one way or another. It's easy to read the rating services, recruit the 4 and 5 star players and if they don't work out....who knew? It takes some skill to find the kids that are 3* and visualize what they can do in a particular system with proper coaching.

Auburn coaches are in a no-win situation with this kind of thing. If they spot a 3* diamond in the rough and make an offer...and if Bama does not immediately follow up with an offer, half the people posting on this board figure our coaches made a mistake. Tubs was a good judge of talent and could spot prospects before many other programs did. Chiz? I'm not so sure...but he had some success......and Gus hasn't had time to show us one way or another. It's easy to read the rating services, recruit the 4 and 5 star players and if they don't work out....who knew? It takes some skill to find the kids that are 3* and visualize what they can do in a particular system with proper coaching.

Nobody thought offer Casher was a mistake whether Bama offered or not.

• 2 weeks later...

There was a quote by Casher from elswhere on the internet this morning that I found interesting... He said that there is a feeling in Mobile that if uat offers you, you have to go there. He said that he respects uat but it is up to him and he wants to go to Auburn. He said that the coaches and the players at AU are special and he wants to be a part of it.

That was refreshing to hear.

There was a quote by Casher from elswhere on the internet this morning that I found interesting... He said that there is a feeling in Mobile that if uat offers you, you have to go there. He said that he respects uat but it is up to him and he wants to go to Auburn. He said that the coaches and the players at AU are special and he wants to be a part of it.

Agreed. WDE!

Its going to change even more in Mobile over time too. Coach Craig was a great recruiter before this, but now that he is recruiting for his own Alma Mater, he will go to an even higher level. That goes for Coach Garner as well. It is going to make a difference to them.

Its going to change even more in Mobile over time too. Coach Craig was a great recruiter before this, but now that he is recruiting for his own Alma Mater, he will go to an even higher level. That goes for Coach Garner as well. It is going to make a difference to them.

I think it was WarEagleAU, using his own math admittedly, that if Thornton picks the good guys CDC moves to #1 on 247's recruiter rankings. I for one expect that he floats around the top three at a minimum for as long as he cares to.

I think it was WarEagleAU, using his own math admittedly, that if Thornton picks the good guys CDC moves to #1 on 247's recruiter rankings. I for one expect that he floats around the top three at a minimum for as long as he cares to.

Actually, he will moves up to #2. Look at my post in Justin Thornton's page.

Actually, he will moves up to #2. Look at my post in Justin Thornton's page.

Thanks buddy, I knew I saw something. I couldn't remember what thread it was in.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a free article on the AU rivals board about Josh. I think all of you should read it.

Plus I think he jumped a bunch of spots and is now ranked #106. Good stuff.

War Eagle!

I love this kid!!! We need more quality kids like Josh playing for us. He will have a chance to start as a redshirt freshman in 2 years.

Thanks to the boost from Rivals Josh picked up his 4th star on the composite rankings and went from 4th to 1st at Center. Link

Thanks to the boost from Rivals Josh picked up his 4th star on the composite rankings and went from 4th to 1st at Center. Link

E, great to hear this. Congrats to Josh! War Eagle.

does he sign with us come Feb 2014?

Craig has Mobile on lock down.

i can dig it.

i can dig it.

Yeah, it has a nice beat and I can dance to it/that!

i can dig it.

I keep reading the Big Cat updates and tweets hoping to read that he's helping recruit for Auburn. Update - Read that he was actively recruiting the other recruits. Our coaches spotted him early, and I was afraid he would waver when he popped at the camp and Bama got on him.

i can dig it.

I keep reading the Big Cat updates and tweets hoping to read that he's helping recruit for Auburn.

He did for the time he was there. He was one of the last to arrive.

Archived