2014 4* C Joshua Casher (Alabama signee)

auburnandjagsfan

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bammer is confident here.

They were confident last year with Jaboo Winston too. Just sayin"

^^^This is what I'm talking about! There has already been a precedent set for D. Craig being able to hang on to big-time recruits when Saban comes calling.

I think we are in good shape with CDC and CRG. They are both battle tested recruiters that are more often the Flip-ER vs. the Flip-EE.

I ain't denying CNS's recruiting abilities nor Bama's success, but shouldn't our staff remind Casher that they offered him a while before CNS even cared?

From what I understand this staff focuises on the positives of Auburn instead of the negatives of others.

Did some of our current recruiters have a change of heart? 'Cause I think we all know that we have a few guys now that were huge negative recruiters at their previous programs. It was well known around these parts that they'd trash AU when they needed to get a 4-5* to shun us.

I ain't denying CNS's recruiting abilities nor Bama's success, but shouldn't our staff remind Casher that they offered him a while before CNS even cared?

From what I understand this staff focuises on the positives of Auburn instead of the negatives of others.

Did some of our current recruiters have a change of heart? 'Cause I think we all know that we have a few guys now that were huge negative recruiters at their previous programs. It was well known around these parts that they'd trash AU when they needed to get a 4-5* to shun us.

Don't know about a change of heart but read an article a while back that Gus does not want things done that way.

Jameis was Class of 2012. E, you've got to be better than that, no mistakes. :poke::moon:

zcheers.gif

Jameis was Class of 2012. E, you've got to be better than that, no mistakes. :poke::moon:

zcheers.gif

haha I almost said something, but technically 2012 was last year, so by the calendar what he said is correct, though it was two classes ago :P

zcheers.gif

haha I almost said something, but technically 2012 was last year, so by the calendar what he said is correct, though it was two classes ago :P

E should live by the recruiting calendar, it resets in February. lol

zcheers.gif

E should live by the recruiting calendar, it resets in February. lol

Last year was so painful I skipped a season in my mind.

the interesting part about bammer and Josh is that it would take Charles Mosley's spot... i guess the question would then be "who's worth more, the #1 center or a 6'5 350lb DT?"

not that i'm conceding Casher to the turds, just thinking a few jumps ahead.

the interesting part about bammer and Josh is that it would take Charles Mosley's spot... i guess the question would then be "who's worth more, the #1 center or a 6'5 350lb DT?"

It would take Moseley's spot because Bama is recruiting him as an OL, not DT.

It would take Moseley's spot because Bama is recruiting him as an OL, not DT.

true. the hypothetical question i was raising was in regards to our roster needs. if we lose Casher to bammer and Mosley is left looking around and ultimately signs with us, did we really lose something? or does our roster tell us that Mosley's talent at DT outweighs Casher's at C... maybe that makes sense. kinda like Wins Above Replacement in beisbol.

true. the hypothetical question i was raising was in regards to our roster needs. if we lose Casher to bammer and Mosley is left looking around and ultimately signs with us, did we really lose something? or does our roster tell us that Mosley's talent at DT outweighs Casher's at C... maybe that makes sense. kinda like Wins Above Replacement in beisbol.

Yes we lose something. Casher is the #1 Center in the nation and is a big need with Reese being an upperclassman.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up everyone in case it happens soon. Casher is on Flip Watch to Bama. It's not a definite to happen but things don't look good right now. This next part is not a why but a public show the momentum has swung in Bama's favor. Casher was the only commit from Mobile and within 3 and a half hours from Auburn who did not come to camp today. Last month Casher went to Bama to watch his brother, Darius Whittfiels '16, camp but did not come to Auburn today to watch Whittfield camp.

Just a heads up everyone in case it happens soon. Casher is on Flip Watch to Bama. It's not a definite to happen but things don't look good right now. This next part is not a why but a public show the momentum has swung in Bama's favor. Casher was the only commit from Mobile and within 3 and a half hours from Auburn who did not come to camp today. Last month Casher went to Bama to watch his brother, Darius Whittfiels '16, camp but did not come to Auburn today to watch Whittfield camp.

Like I said before, I would not waste my time recruiting most of these kids in this state unless they were TRUE AU fans!!

Im not saying its funny, but its sort of funny that Alabama gets 2 centers this season id Casher flips lol. Who gets two centers in a season when you have like 4 OL greyshirted?

Im not saying its funny, but its sort of funny that Alabama gets 2 centers this season id Casher flips lol. Who gets two centers in a season when you have like 4 OL greyshirted?

Bama is recruiting him at Guard no Center.

I wouldnt be surprised if this as much about proving that CDG doesnt "own Mobile" as it is about momentum for bama. Didn't CDG recruit a player named Casher to FSU a few years ago? I'm assuming that is the same family as JC.

LOL, even better, they want a guard that short? There is no way. This is a display of power nothing else.

I wouldnt be surprised if this as much about proving that CDG doesnt "own Mobile" as it is about momentum for bama. Didn't CDG recruit a player named Casher to FSU a few years ago? I'm assuming that is the same family as JC.

Yep. 5* DE Chris Casher. Also related to former Auburn standout Larry Casher.

how would Alabama sell this to him? Would they say, we know you are the number one center in the nation but we already have one and we think you are perfect guard material in college and that is a better fit for your future in the NFL?....I know he grew up a fan of Alabama but if he buys their con then I feel for him. I want him in orange and blue but I also want him to want to be there.

how would Alabama sell this to him? Would they say, we know you are the number one center in the nation but we already have one and we think you are perfect guard material in college and that is a better fit for your future in the NFL?....I know he grew up a fan of Alabama but if he buys their con then I feel for him. I want him in orange and blue but I also want him to want to be there.

On the industry composite he is the #4 C and the highlighted part is the key for his possible flip.

If he grew up a Bama fan, why did he commit to Auburn in the first place? Is this another case of someone committing to AU just to get an offer from Bama, like the Philon kid did a couple of years ago?

Archived