2014 4* C Joshua Casher (Alabama signee)

auburnandjagsfan

A lot of this "flip" talks becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. The recruits hear it and get mad at us because we doubt their our intentions. I believe that part of the reason Dee Liner flipped is that we predicted the flip for at least 6 months ahead of time. That is all we could talk about. It is possible that every single one of our recruits could flip. BUT I don't think we should even consider it much less talk about it ad nausem. It has become our national past time and we are totally paranoid about the subject. Do not doubt Mr Casher's intentions. He has said he is coming and I believe him until he does differently. Everyone relax. 6 mos to NSD.

This post in not accurate but OK. And this ""flip" talk become self fulfilling prophecy" how?

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of this "flip" talks becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. The recruits hear it and get mad at us because we doubt their our intentions. I believe that part of the reason Dee Liner flipped is that we predicted the flip for at least 6 months ahead of time. That is all we could talk about. It is possible that every single one of our recruits could flip. BUT I don't think we should even consider it much less talk about it ad nausem. It has become our national past time and we are totally paranoid about the subject. Do not doubt Mr Casher's intentions. He has said he is coming and I believe him until he does differently. Everyone relax. 6 mos to NSD.

I could be wrong, but I seem to remember the "flip" talk about Liner coming when he started spending every weekend in Tuscaloosa, all the while being committed to AU.

This post in not accurate but OK. And this ""flip" talk become self fulfilling prophecy" how?

i saw Dee Liner the day before NSD in Sheffield just standing with some friends in a driveway. I stopped and said "what's goin on Dee?" He said hey man, I said where you and Rueben goin (jokingly) he said I don't know man im gonna call him up, I said well good luck wherever you sign- but with a smile and a wave of two fingers I said "but WarEagle anyways"

He pointed with one finger at me and said war eagle man. He was standing by a younger friend with an orange AU hoodie on so it made me think, he's gonna regret it when he signs with uat. I really think Gus cut the strings off Dee before Dee had a chance to second guess. Gotta say I respect that from the staff

I hear what you're saying here, but I don't think it is 100% accurate. I have no problem with a commit visiting UAT to check it out and see what they have to offer. It's the recruits who visit time and time again, hang out with UAT players, spend time with the coaches...those are the ones who will be labeled Yeldons, Liners, and Ruebens. If you are committed to Auburn and want to go check out another school...do it, have fun, check it out. When you get back, if your feelings about AU have changed, be man about it, have enough respect tell the AU coaches, and go work your butt off to get a UAT offer if that's what you want. I just don't like the games.

No disrespect to the poster but this post is completely inaccurate on Liner and the self fulfilling part for recruits. Casher may very well not flip or even have a commitable offer but I thought it fair to let everyone know to be on watch in case it does.

I would think most recruits aren't stupid enough to decide their own future based on whether or not some fans think they might flip. I doubt if that is even on a recruit's "reasons to flip" list.

I have gotten to the point where I don't care if a recruit flips. If they don't want to be here then they will not play well and will have a bad attitude. I rather have someone that wants to be here and will help out creating a positive environment for the team.

Let make sure I have this correct. If you and I have a deal and we shake on it. Then I go out and start rumors that you are not going to honor your side of the deal. Then the romor gets repeated many times by many people. You will not be upset with me saying you are not someone to be trusted.

Let make sure I have this correct. If you and I have a deal and we shake on it. Then I go out and start rumors that you are not going to honor your side of the deal. Then the romor gets repeated many times by many people. You will not be upset with me saying you are not someone to be trusted.

In this example, the deal would be between Casher and the AU staff...I assume I am playing the role of Casher, and you are playing the role of the AU coaching staff....if that be the case, I don't think the AU staff is going around telling folks that Casher is not going to honor his side of the deal.

Okay. Let me restate. If a 3rd party that has no standing in the deal goes around saying you would not hold up your end of the bargain and they say it over and over, it would not upset you.

Okay. Let me restate. If a 3rd party that has no standing in the deal goes around saying you would not hold up your end of the bargain and they say it over and over, it would not upset you.

In recruiting it comes with the territory. Sure it would upset some but not to the point of decommitting or flipping. And if so, a kid like that is not one you want in your program anyway.

I bow to your opinion and yield. I just think it does no good to predict a flip when there is no evidence of one.

I bow to your opinion and yield. I just think it does no good to predict a flip when there is no evidence of one.

Again not predicting it. Just making the board aware Bama has the mo and to lessen the meltdown if a flip occurs.

I only have problems when the recruit in question goes into seclusion. (sometimes the beach with a lifelong friend) (sometimes with his family and other consultants) Then I know for sure who he is going to sign with.

You guys have to think back some. Mal Moore (UAT AD) actually caught Logan Young in a hotel room with a recruit and his family and didn't report it. Why you ask? It was business as usual.

Heck there is a Logan Young dedicated room in the Bear Bryant Museum. But Logan was not a Bama booster........ P.S. Logan use to fly on the team plane to away games.

I believe that he has a better chance going to the NFL as a center. Best place to do that is at Auburn. Therefore, it is my opinion that going to Bama is a mistake. But, it is only my opinion.

I only have problems when the recruit in question goes into seclusion. (sometimes the beach with a lifelong friend) (sometimes with his family and other consultants) Then I know for sure who he is going to sign with.

You guys have to think back some. Mal Moore (UAT AD) actually caught Logan Young in a hotel room with a recruit and his family and didn't report it. Why you ask? It was business as usual.

Heck there is a Logan Young dedicated room in the Bear Bryant Museum. But Logan was not a Bama booster........ P.S. Logan use to fly on the team plane to away games.

My uncle has a good friend from their days growing up in Phenix City, AL that is a big bammer booster and the stories he has are crazy. I used to think he was making stuff up when I was younger but I met him and have talked to him and I can say that I believe him now. Some of it is actually sad the way they treat the kids and families once they are done with them.

Two of the most enjoyable experiences in my life was being at Jacksons the night Mike Price came in out of his mind drunk. I was also at the Moor's golf course when he was told about the strippers and his credit card.

Another was taping an interview with Paul Bryant and he was drunk out of his gourd. His speech was so slurred that we had to speed it up on a one inch machine to keep him from sounding like the father on HillBilly Bears the cartoon.I was surprised that he could walk on his own.

I used to free lance some and did the Bama coaching show from time to time long ago.

To me it's simple. UAT has a strategy of disrupting Auburn's recruiting by flipping a recruit every year. It's easy for them because most kids support UAT (state name, the Bahr, blah blah blah). Our staff has denuded that strategy and taken away its effectiveness. At this point it's interesting, but not disruptive, if Casher flips. Unfortunately, Casher is only a pawn in this game, but that was his choice.

Auburn is the better selection for a center and offers a more clear path to starting, but if Casher wants to play at Bama he can flip; so he gets something out of this. If he flips Auburn gets to bring in a center who really wants to play for Auburn, and who stood out at our camp, so we win too. If Casher decides to stay then we have the status quo, except Andrew Marshall is disappointed, but our coaches have been up front with him.

I'd love to have Homeland Security's recordings when our coaches talk to Casher. We might all be surprised.

Two of the most enjoyable experiences in my life was being at Jacksons the night Mike Price came in out of his mind drunk. I was also at the Moor's golf course when he was told about the strippers and his credit card.

Another was taping an interview with Paul Bryant and he was drunk out of his gourd. His speech was so slurred that we had to speed it up on a one inch machine to keep him from sounding like the father on HillBilly Bears the cartoon.I was surprised that he could walk on his own.

I used to free lance some and did the Bama coaching show from time to time long ago.

keep it up, i like storytime.

I agree with im4au. No big deal for AUBURN we have a backup plan. It is all up to Casher. But AUBURN is coming back be aware. :wareagle:

keep it up, i like storytime.

Me too!!! Get the popcorn!!

i never understood why flipping upsets people to the point of personal attacks. And i have a feeling that if Casher flips, he will get plenty. these kids can go wherever they want. Until they actually sign, they are under no obligation to do or go anywhere no matter what they may have been saying for months.

Saban knows... Arcades and waterfalls.

A little Michael Jackson neverland-ish but he knows.

To me it's simple. UAT has a strategy of disrupting Auburn's recruiting by flipping a recruit every year. It's easy for them because most kids support UAT (state name, the Bahr, blah blah blah). Our staff has denuded that strategy and taken away its effectiveness. At this point it's interesting, but not disruptive, if Casher flips. Unfortunately, Casher is only a pawn in this game, but that was his choice.

Auburn is the better selection for a center and offers a more clear path to starting, but if Casher wants to play at Bama he can flip; so he gets something out of this. If he flips Auburn gets to bring in a center who really wants to play for Auburn, and who stood out at our camp, so we win too. If Casher decides to stay then we have the status quo, except Andrew Marshall is disappointed, but our coaches have been up front with him.

I'd love to have Homeland Security's recordings when our coaches talk to Casher. We might all be surprised.

Well said. Nice post.

I would take commits from both and let the chips fall where they may, most especially if Marshall is on par with Casher.

Archived