2014 4* C Joshua Casher (Alabama signee)

auburnandjagsfan

This "commit to Auburn b/c uat ain't showin me love" crap happens more times than we think... A few that come to mind recently are: 1 - (bammer fan) Yeldon committed to AU early b/c we wanted him at RB instead of safety. uat finally offered him a RB spot, and he decommitted... 2 - (bammer fan) SDHamilton was an "Auburn lean" until uat threw out an offer, and committed shortly after... 3 - Now, (bammer fan) Casher commits to AU b/c uat had shown absolutely NO interest what so ever. Casher finally got his uat offer and, now "momentum" is shifting towards uat... This stuff happens a lot, and it won't be the last time. Not a big deal... just shows a little bit of immaturity... imo.

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How that work for Philon? Wasn't he the kid that got injured and Saban didn't take his LOI onsigning day? I want Casher but if he is a bammer than so be it. He sit on the bench most likely since they have their center and going by Sabans specs he is small to play guard for them I have heard. I have the approach of Malzahn: im only worried about the ones we sign and no one else. Idea though: get the Juco OT and move P Miller or Danzy to center.

Heck imagine what it is gonna do to his relationship with Tre Williams. I always thought of this possibility when he didn't go to the Thorton announcement with Williams and Davis. But I thought I was just reading to much into it.

I always thought of this possibility when he didn't go to the Thorton announcement with Williams and Davis. But I thought I was just reading to much into it.

That's not when the momentum shift happened. It happenned in the 3 week period after BCW and Bama's first camp.

How that work for Philon? Wasn't he the kid that got injured and Saban didn't take his LOI onsigning day? I want Casher but if he is a bammer than so be it. He sit on the bench most likely since they have their center and going by Sabans specs he is small to play guard for them I have heard. I have the approach of Malzahn: im only worried about the ones we sign and no one else. Idea though: get the Juco OT and move P Miller or Danzy to center.

Kozan is next in line at C after Reese Graduates.

This "commit to Auburn b/c uat ain't showin me love" crap happens more times than we think... A few that come to mind recently are: 1 - (bammer fan) Yeldon committed to AU early b/c we wanted him at RB instead of safety. uat finally offered him a RB spot, and he decommitted... 2 - (bammer fan) SDHamilton was an "Auburn lean" until uat threw out an offer, and committed shortly after... 3 - Now, (bammer fan) Casher commits to AU b/c uat had shown absolutely NO interest what so ever. Casher finally got his uat offer and, now "momentum" is shifting towards uat... This stuff happens a lot, and it won't be the last time. Not a big deal... just shows a little bit of immaturity... imo.

I do not see how this is immaturity. If you guys were a high school recruit who were getting the most attention, opportunities, and committed to UGA or Bama the mo would shift to Auburn immediately when Auburn got heavily in the mix for you no matter what the depth or anything else is. And I am calling BS on anyone that says otherwise. So there is no need to judge kids for doing something the majority of us would do if roles were reversed.

Edit: The way TJ handled his flip was very immature.

so if casher flips will the staff pursue about another center or wait until next year? E is this one you feel Craig will be able to fight and keep or is the writing really on the wall?

he was recruited as a center right? I don't want to be misunderstood but these kind of recruits will be a thing of the past I believe. It will only take two weeks into he season of watching the new Auburn staff and the fresh style of play by good players that we've had to make these recruits start salivating, waiting to put those blue jerseys on! It will take a season of making connections and convincing.

If Casher wants to join uat before the season, I'm not into that and I hope they offer the center from camp on the spot after first notice he's wavering. If he can't wait to see what offense we put on the field then???? Good thing is you gotta know our coaches mainly CDC. I'm sure they keep most talks under wraps. Maybe he will say, "you bump your head man?" lol

so if casher flips will the staff pursue about another center or wait until next year? E is this one you feel Craig will be able to fight and keep or is the writing really on the wall?

Not E, but I don't really see any top of the line centers that are not already committed elsewhere, so I say if we lost Casher then we lose him, unless we go for someone on JUCO. As for next year, I would assume we would go after someone who can be a quality backup to Kozan. As for if the writing is on the wall, he is still committed, and Gus sniffed out Liner fast enough last season. If the coaches did not feel at least somewhat good about him, Casher would already be gone.

I thought it was Diamond but i think your right about Kozan (i grt those two confused for spme reason). But there's my point: AU has a few lineman that they can rotate around. Casher would be a great addition and I look forward to see how all this plays out. Who would get the better side of Hamilton flipping to AU or Casher flipping to bama assuming both happen?

1. I don't know the coaches plans yet. There was a C at camp today that did very well. 2. I am not sure. It may depend if Casher has or gets a commitable offer from Bama. Bama is taking 2 or 3 more OL but are in good shape with about 5 or 6. Plus Jordan Sims camped very well and essentially in terms of in state prospects it's those 2 for 1 spot at Bama.

I do not see how this is immaturity. If you guys were a high school recruit who were getting the most attention, opportunities, and committed to UGA or Bama the mo would shift to Auburn immediately when Auburn got heavily in the mix for you no matter what the depth or anything else is. And I am calling BS on anyone that says otherwise. So there is no need to judge kids for doing something the majority of us would do if roles were reversed.

If he does change his mind I don't blame him if he is a bama fan. My problem would be that if he was just holding out for an offer from them then he never should have committed to us. This flipping crap isn't going to stop until we flip someone that bama really wants. Right now it seems that they do it to us at least once a year just to show they can.

Who would get the better side of Hamilton flipping to AU or Casher flipping to bama assuming both happen?

JMO but if we miss on Evans then I say fair trade. If we get Evans then advantage Bama. I see Casher as a better prospect.

If he does change his mind I don't blame him if he is a bama fan. My problem would be that if he was just holding out for an offer from them then he never should have committed to us. This flipping crap isn't going to stop until we flip someone that bama really wants. Right now it seems that they do it to us at least once a year just to show they can.

1. Casher committed to us before Bama offered and before he blew up at the Rivals Camp in Hoover. In recruiting you can't assume a commitable offer from any school til you get it. 2. If we flip someone they really want they will just came back that much harder to flip recruits just to show they can...And no I am not saying stop recruiting or avoid recruits because of it. Just know the heat would pick way up,

Heck imagine what it is gonna do to his relationship with Tre Williams. I always thought of this possibility when he didn't go to the Thorton announcement with Williams and Davis. But I thought I was just reading to much into it.

Yes, his absence from an event for his future team mate, in the same town, left me with a sour feeling about Casher as well. If nothing else he should have shown some respect and camaraderie towards Thornton.

If I were Casher, and I knew from the beginning that I wanted to go to uat... "I" wouldn't commit to AU KNOWING that if uat offered, I was going to uat!

But, that's just me...

It's all good, though. Casher hasn't even decommitted. For all we know, he's as solid as ever to AU! No more bashing until he does in fact, decommit...

Yes, his absence from an event for his future team mate, in the same town, left me with a sour feeling about Casher as well. If nothing else he should have shown some respect and camaraderie towards Thornton.

T. Williams, D. Davis, and J. Thornton have been good friends since they young. All 3 played little league ball together...

That's why those 3 went to each others commitments...

I wouldn't read much into Casher not going to Thornton's commitment. He isn't as close with Davis and Thornton as Williams is.

Not E, but I don't really see any top of the line centers that are not already committed elsewhere, so I say if we lost Casher then we lose him, unless we go for someone on JUCO. As for next year, I would assume we would go after someone who can be a quality backup to Kozan. As for if the writing is on the wall, he is still committed, and Gus sniffed out Liner fast enough last season. If the coaches did not feel at least somewhat good about him, Casher would already be gone.

Looks like the staff is on top of the possibility of Cashier flipping.Andrew Marshall camped and worked out for the coaches. #13 center prospect by scout. Sid posted in the camp thread a tweet that he impressed,just saw there is a story on rivals about him on rivals to.Could be an option.

T. Williams, D. Davis, and J. Thornton have been good friends since they young. All 3 played little league ball together...

That's why those 3 went to each others commitments...

I wouldn't read much into Casher not going to Thornton's commitment. He isn't as close with Davis and Thornton as Williams is.

Well, at the very least it's safe to say Casher wouldn't take the time to support a (supposedly)future teammate. His failure to show up left me feeling uneasy about him. Flip aside, I wondered how much he could care about Auburn.

I see where Tre Williams and some others committed to Auburn have been in touch with our new QB commit Sean White. They have been exchanging War Eagles and so forth. Has Casher been doing that too?

I don't think Casher is on Twitter

I'm not, so someone else will have to verify!

He's not.

I think AU is showing strong interest in another Center from GA (North of Atlanta) right now. This is a sign we will not be caught with our pants down.

A lot of this "flip" talks becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. The recruits hear it and get mad at us because we doubt their our intentions. I believe that part of the reason Dee Liner flipped is that we predicted the flip for at least 6 months ahead of time. That is all we could talk about. It is possible that every single one of our recruits could flip. BUT I don't think we should even consider it much less talk about it ad nausem. It has become our national past time and we are totally paranoid about the subject. Do not doubt Mr Casher's intentions. He has said he is coming and I believe him until he does differently. Everyone relax. 6 mos to NSD.

Archived