2014 5* JUCO WR D'Haquille Williams SIGNS WITH AUBURN!!!

Maverick.AU

Williams IS the most important recruit thus far. Not to belittle the others, but we desperately needed a good WR. It has been years since we've had a REAL playmaker at WR.

I love having him but I can't call a 1 and done guy the most important commit unless he has at least a premier role in Auburn winning the SECCG.

Why would he be a one and done if he has two years to play? Not questioning you I just don't know. Thanks

NFL Draft.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know a lot is being made about the fact that DQ could be one and done but when was the last time AU had a WR draft pick?? If he pans out and is a high draft pick, it will pay dividends with other WR recruits in the future. These kids want to see that we can put WRs in the NFL and I cant blame them.

Hmmm...'14 all depends on the schedule. We have to go to K-State (I'm just hoping that Gandalf "sails off into the west" after this year--sorry for the nerdy reference :laugh: ) and will certainly have to go to Georgia, who won't have Murray but will have "Gurshall" in its junior year. A lot depends on where the IB is in '14. (My idea is that Bama comes here again, hosts Tenn again, Tenn hosts Georgia again, and of course Georgia hosting us.) If we get a few scheduling breaks--Bama comes here/3 soft cupcakes/Mizzou or KY from the east; '14 could very well mean being in the thick of the conference hunt.

One and done because I think he had a RS year. I'm sure it depends on how the season goes. If injury free and productive he's gone. A few weeks ago when I said BH committment would have no impact on DQ many disagreed. Actually I never thought LSU had a chance after the decommittment. Good pickup for Gus. He should be an impact receiver with Emory Blake ability but more speed.

I know a lot is being made about the fact that DQ could be one and done but when was the last time AU had a WR draft pick?? If he pans out and is a high draft pick, it will pay dividends with other WR recruits in the future. These kids want to see that we can put WRs in the NFL and I cant blame them.

When was the last time Auburn had a WR with DQ's talent?...A quarter til never.

Williams IS the most important recruit thus far. Not to belittle the others, but we desperately needed a good WR. It has been years since we've had a REAL playmaker at WR.

I love having him but I can't call a 1 and done guy the most important commit unless he has at least a premier role in Auburn winning the SECCG.

Has he said that's his plan or is that the assumption?

Things can change but he did say it early in the recruiting process he expects to go pro after 1 year of D1 ball.

Have to think that Frank Sanders would be an answer. Been a long time though.

Good point but as good as Frank was he never had the raw talent DQ does.

Things can change but he did say it early in the recruiting process he expects to go pro after 1 year of D1 ball.

Well, I hope he's a first rounder, then.

Well, I hope he's a first rounder, then.

Me too. That would likely mean he exploded with us.

We have had some kids develop while here and a few that got here with elite speed but not the hands DQ has. Alexander Wright was always a favorite of mine when I was at AU.

sorry for the laziness, but how many years of eligibility left? RS or not?

Does not matter. He will be 1 and done but He has 2 to play 2.

I have an opinion that this guy's a tremendous big play target and will be double teamed every time he's on the field after game 1, but a Gus run-a-bunch O will not get him the 2014 numbers to go high enough in the draft to be one and done.

sorry for the laziness, but how many years of eligibility left? RS or not?

Does not matter. He will be 1 and done but He has 2 to play 2.

I have an opinion that this guy's a tremendous big play target and will be double teamed every time he's on the field after game 1, but a Gus run-a-bunch O will not get him the 2014 numbers to go high enough in the draft to be one and done.

Does not have to have big numbers to be drafted high. See Julio Jones. Also if the run game is as good as it should be DQ will not be doubled as much as you think.

I think he is a one and done. He has all the skills and potential but i need to see him in SEC action before even comparing him to Frank Sanders in any capacity. Maybe he will have a Ronny Daniels impact which I think will happen just as long as he is not like the last 5 star receiver Au signed from LA (Benton).

I think he is a one and done. He has all the skills and potential but i need to see him in SEC action before even comparing him to Frank Sanders in any capacity. Maybe he will have a Ronny Daniels impact which I think will happen just as long as he is not like the last 5 star receiver Au signed from LA (Benton).

Benton was a 4* when we signed him.

Yeah, unfortunately we havent had a ton of success with highly-rated LA receivers...hopefully T. Reed will change that this year!

Have to think that Frank Sanders would be an answer. Been a long time though.

I agree but DQ is faster than Sanders. Hope its Marshall to Williams like it was Nix to Sanders.

I was there for the first Nix to Sanders. My freshman year at AU!!! Nix sure did float one up for Sanders and he caught it!!! The rest is history and I will forever remember that moment!

Yeah, unfortunately we havent had a ton of success with highly-rated LA receivers...hopefully T. Reed will change that this year!

The enthusiasm was the same when Benton signed..this would be the 3rd recent big time receiver get from LA...Benton not sure what happened with him, Reed is one my favorites on the team, hopefully going back to the HUNH he will breakout this season...really pulling for him.

The enthusiasm was the same when Benton signed..this would be the 3rd recent big time receiver get from LA...Benton not sure what happened with him, Reed is one my favorites on the team, hopefully going back to the HUNH he will breakout this season...really pulling for him.

As the hecklers would say at the Auburn baseball games, Not even........Clooose!!

As the hecklers would say at the Auburn baseball games, Not even........Clooose!!

Back on AU Eagle we were excited and rightfully so ...Benton had all the makings of a star receiver ...and we are just as excited about the committment of Williams....

Back on AU Eagle we were excited and rightfully so ...Benton had all the makings of a star receiver ...and we are just as excited about the committment of Williams....

We were excited yes but a lot of that had to be with the last second surprise of getting him. The excitement nor the skill set of the 2 does not compare.

/quote]We were excited yes but a lot of that had to be with the last second surprise of getting him. The excitement nor the skill set of the 2 does not compare.

Are they both 6-3 190-200lbs? 4.4 - 4.5 speed? Big receivers with good hands? I don't know much about DB's specs when he signed..but are they not similar to Williams? Excitement level was predicated by when they decided they wanted to be a part of AU...when it occurred is irrelevant IMO...

/quote]We were excited yes but a lot of that had to be with the last second surprise of getting him. The excitement nor the skill set of the 2 does not compare.

Are they both 6-3 190-200lbs? 4.4 - 4.5 speed? Big receivers with good hands? I don't know much about DB's specs when he signed..but are they not similar to Williams? Excitement level was predicated by when they decided they wanted to be a part of AU...when it occurred is irrelevant IMO...

Benton's hands are awful compared to DQs and he did not make plays in space DQ does. There was excitement for Benton but not for being elite. He was a good prospect but we were all just as excited to get Emory Blake, who like Benton, was a 4* surprise get.

Archived