2014 5* JUCO WR D'Haquille Williams SIGNS WITH AUBURN!!!

Maverick.AU

I thought the article was a touch unusual ... Surely juco to nfl isn't really a remote possibility. At this point, considering the road he has traveled, you would think completing his education would have moved way up in importance.

Based on the article, it has.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate when recruits use the term "business" when it comes recruiting. No offense to him but that word has put a bad taste in my mouth.

With today's college football and scholly limits it is a business.

I hate when recruits use the term "business" when it comes recruiting. No offense to him but that word has put a bad taste in my mouth.

I agree bootskii, each time a recruit uses the term it leaves a negative connotation. Most would agree with you.

I agree bootskii, each time a recruit uses the term it leaves a negative connotation. Most would agree with you.

Apparently the recruits can't win either way. The other end of the business statement is doing what's best for me and my family. Fans view that hegatively also.

I think what he was saying is that if LSU wants him then they should make it their business (or priority) to really recruit him. Other schools are do just that. Just my take on it

I think what he was saying is that if LSU wants him then they should make it their business (or priority) to really recruit him. Other schools are do just that. Just my take on it

Great point. DW is talking about it as the business of caring about him and his family which LSU has apparently not done.

Apparently the recruits can't win either way. The other end of the business statement is doing what's best for me and my family. Fans view that hegatively also.

This is true. The fact of the matter is that the fans of the school that doesn't get the prized recruit are not going to be happy with his comments regardless of what he says.

I don't like them using the word "business" either, but in Williams case, I thought he clarified his usage of the word fairly well. This shows he is aware of the possible negative connotation and wanted no misunderstanding.

It is business for ANY student. Did you make the decision to attend a college based on it's football program or it's ability to better prepare your for what you wanted in a career? Since many of these kids want to go pro in football, they look at choosing a school largely based on future income potential, much like we would. Look, I LOVE Auburn, but if Vandy had given me a scholarship offer, I'd have been in Nashville because it would have offered me a leg up in business over most other schools thanks to the connections and alumni. Don't fault the kids for thinking about life after college. That's what they should be doing when choosing a school.

I had not heard that before, and that is shocking. Disturbing and shocking. I knew he fell short in coaching but, lordy, that's just pathetic. Disturbing, shocking and pathetic.

I 100% agree!! That is just sad, he should just stick to recruiting and leave coaching alone!

Finally, an elite WR that actually understands the bammer offensive scheme!!! I know it's difficult to image bammer being any better over the past several years, but just think what they could have done had they REALLY utilized Julio Jones to his potential. They also had a couple more really good receivers at the same time.

I look forward to Denson, Coates, Louis, Uzomah, Reed, Bray, Stevens and Robinson bring to the field this season. I love the run game, but can't wait to see Auburn be multi-dimensional in moving the ball at will against our opponents.

Finally, an elite WR that actually understands the bammer offensive scheme!!! I know it's difficult to image bammer being any better over the past several years, but just think what they could have done had they REALLY utilized Julio Jones to his potential. They also had a couple more really good receivers at the same time.

I look forward to Denson, Coates, Louis, Uzomah, Reed, Bray, Stevens and Robinson bring to the field this season. I love the run game, but can't wait to see Auburn be multi-dimensional in moving the ball at will against our opponents.

I can't wait to see the passing game become secondary to the run game, because when the run game is working, that's when Gus is able to make good defenses start to look really stupid with the passing game. It is precisely the number and variety of weapons present that makes me believe that as soon as we get settled on a QB who can manage the game without making too many mistakes (and I can't believe that won't happen at some point this season), the team is going to absolutely explode.

We really need another Emory Blake to step up this year

We could have used a second Emory Blake last year!

Williams will be an AU tiger. This is D. Craig top uncommitted recruit and he will not miss out. Also as Ellitor can tell you Derrick and Dhaquille friendship is helping us.

Williams will be an AU tiger. This is D. Craig top uncommitted recruit and he will not miss out. Also as Ellitor can tell you Derrick and Dhaquille friendship is helping us.

Wow, this is potentially awesome news. Thanks for all the updates today 23.

Would be a huge commit, physically and metaphorically

A big fat AGREED! Come on down! WDE!

could someone search and see the last time metaphorically was used on this website?!?!

Someone had their word of the day calendar out ...

I don't think it is sown up yet. Since he is not committing til after the season now I think whoever has the better passing season between Auburn and LSU will get Williams. He wants to be highlighted his 1 year of D1 ball.

could someone search and see the last time metaphorically was used on this website?!?!

I used the word "mephistophelian" on a Bama site re Saban. They thought I was calling him a hemophiliac.

I used the word "mephistophelian" on a Bama site re Saban. They thought I was calling him a hemophiliac.

Now THAT is funny. :big:

Archived