2014 5* JUCO WR D'Haquille Williams SIGNS WITH AUBURN!!!

Maverick.AU

I'm going to stop following recruiting if we get any more commits hurt. WTH? This is crazy!!

If you think that will stop the injuries then it is your duty to ignore recruiting.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice vid. I realize more and more that DC earns every bit of his salary and what a huge get it was for him to come back to AU. I can't wait to get DQ here!

I saw on 247 that Williams is planning some recruting trips. Do we have anything to worry about?

Here's the tweet:

Keith Niebuhr ‏@Niebuhr247 2h

A battle for #Auburn to keep 5-star WR D'haquille Williams? Will OV to #LSU. Also talking to #FSU #USC #Texas

I saw on 247 that Williams is planning some recruting trips. Do we have anything to worry about?

Here's the tweet:

Keith Niebuhr ‏@Niebuhr247 2h

A battle for #Auburn to keep 5-star WR D'haquille Williams? Will OV to #LSU. Also talking to #FSU #USC #Texas

The FSU thing is kind of scary. LSU is worrisome also. With LSU's OC.....well the guy is an NFL OC. With FSU, they have a guy that can flat out sling it. USC and Tex. should be a concern.

There was always a concern with DQ. The staff has known all along they would have to fight to keep him but they are feeling good on the chances of keeping him. LSU is the only real threat right now. They have turned up the heat again recently.

There was always a concern with DQ. The staff has known all along they would have to fight to keep him but they are feeling good on the chances of keeping him. LSU is the only real threat right now. They have turned up the heat again recently.

E, I thought with all the talent at WR in Louisiana this year that LSU had already gotten commitments from all they needed. Williams was committed to LSU earlier too, right?

This one is on Marshalls shoulders

You might be right on here. That being said, our passing game is way, way better this year than last year.

You might be right on here. That being said, our passing game is way, way better this year than last year.

Marshall may not be the starter come next year. Jeremy Johnson is every bit as good as Winston.

Marshall may not be the starter come next year. Jeremy Johnson is every bit as good as Winston.

Wow. I'm stoked for JJ's debut, but no way I'd go that far yet.

LOL if if JJ was as good as Winston, he would be playing over a QB that, orange and blue shades aside, has been solid at best.

Opposing coaches surely are telling DQ the advantages they have at the QB position over Auburn. The passing game needs to click as the season goes on so DQ can actually envision what can be if he comes to Auburn.

For a guy like Williams to come in . We need 275+ a game. Williams is all about Williams. He wants the ball in his hands every play.. He's good enough to get it and he deserves it.

Thing is, LSU will have a new QB next season. USC a new coaching staff.

JJ can be a great Auburn quarterback as he progresses but he is in no way on Jaboo's level now....And Marshall will keep his job the next 2 years as long as he takes care of the ball.

Thing is, LSU will have a new QB next season. USC a new coaching staff.

The QB sitch is not the big factor in LSU's case. Death Valley being 20 minutes from his parents is.

E, I thought with all the talent at WR in Louisiana this year that LSU had already gotten commitments from all they needed. Williams was committed to LSU earlier too, right?

LSU does not have them all committed yet and you don't pass up an in state talent like DQ even if he is 1 and done.

For a guy like Williams to come in . We need 275+ a game. Williams is all about Williams. He wants the ball in his hands every play.. He's good enough to get it and he deserves it.

There is not a set # like that. The pass game just has to be consistent.

I can't fault the guy for looking around. There are pros and cons right now coming to Auburn as a high profile WR. The cons would be our QB is still developing and the passing game is struggling because of that. Auburn is a run first type of offense also. That is not to say we won't pass but Gus has stated that he likes to run the ball first and foremost. The Pros on the other hand is that we need WR help badly and if we could land a talent like D. Williams he could be our go to guy in the WR corps and see significant playing time early. Also our offense is designed to put the ball in play makers hands and I am pretty sure D. Williams is a play maker

I guess my only confusion is to why he decommitted from LSU to begin with and committed to us. Have the distances from his house to Baton Rouge and Auburn changed over the last few months?

I guess my only confusion is to why he decommitted from LSU to begin with and committed to us. Have the distances from his house to Baton Rouge and Auburn changed over the last few months?

No. He thought he committed too soon and LSU was not completely sold on him at the time. He had a rough past according to their fans. I don't know any more details than that.

Archived