2014 5* JUCO WR D'Haquille Williams SIGNS WITH AUBURN!!!

Maverick.AU

I don't think it is sown up yet. Since he is not committing til after the season now I think whoever has the better passing season between Auburn and LSU will get Williams. He wants to be highlighted his 1 year of D1 ball.

Agreed, I think if we have good showing this fall it will help with DW and some others to see what Gus can do. Just another reason I am hoping for an exciting season.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Williams will be an AU tiger. This is D. Craig top uncommitted recruit and he will not miss out. Also as Ellitor can tell you Derrick and Dhaquille friendship is helping us.

Would be a huge commit, physically and metaphorically

could someone search and see the last time metaphorically was used on this website?!?!

Someone had their word of the day calendar out ...

I used the word "mephistophelian" on a Bama site re Saban. They thought I was calling him a hemophiliac.

Did Saban ever coach with Gerry Faust?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faust

I don't see him going to LSU. He decommitted too quick. There had to be some problem that he or they weren't aware of. I just think both parties are keeping quiet until it all is sort of forgotten, which it almost is.

As of now it is definite. I agree things can definitely change he all AU now.

Are we to assume something has happened recently by your use of "As of now" or has it been that way?

No nothing happened he is all AU. Kids change their mind all the time I don't expect it but it could happen. Craig all over Williams.

No nothing happened he is all AU. Kids change their mind all the time I don't expect it but it could happen. Craig all over Williams.

I hope you're right 23, I really want Williams. He's not your ordinary, run-of-the-mill type WR, he is a future star and adding him as a threat would not only help the passing game, but open up holes for the running game when defenses start keying on him. Can you imagine having NM at QB, CAP at RB, AND DW at WR? Something would always be open!

"Oh, I see you have stacked 8 in the box Mr. Defensive Coordinator. Here, try and cover my stud WR one-on-one!. Whats that? you're going to have safety help over the top? I'd like you to meet my RB running full speed with blockers in front! Hey now, don't over react and blitz inside, cause this QB is dangerous when he tucks it and goes!"

Gus Malzahn, causing NCAA defensive coordinators to go bald since 2006.

Yes to which one?

Yes meant Corderelle was very good and Williams is very comparable.

Very similar IMO. I watched his film (DW) again last night and he can flat go get the ball. Even being double teamed he was able to make some great acrobatic catches. Our QB's need a guy like him this year. Someone that can make a catch on a ball that would be intercepted otherwise. Could really help the confidence of a QB.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting BH will help with DW and Trey Quinn.

More likely Cam Sims than Trey Quinn.

What's the word on old D'haquille? Haven't heard much in a while.

Nothing new. Still taking his OVs during the season and committing after the season.

I wouldn't think Brandon Harris would have much impact on DW decision. Williams is from '11 class and could be a one and done guy like Patterson. Williams might be gone before Harris ever takes a snap at Auburn. However Cameron Sims could very well come to the Plains with BH, although he seems to be leaning to the Tide right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully Marshall has a good season. I think if Marshall proves himself as a good quarterback, we land Williams. If not, he'll end up at LSU.

If thet get Noil, Dupree', Quinn, Blacknall, Sims et al. he won't have an LSU offer IMO.

Sims does not have an LSU offer and will not stay in state.

Archived