Men vs Vandy

SLAG-91

That's what I'm saying... "eventually" AU could find a basketball coach to be successful. But that's not we need right now. We can't keep firing people until we finally find a winner. We need some continuity and longevity. We can't have these lofty expectations for basketball just yet. We've got a good young coach who is determined to right the ship! Fans need to just take the bumps along the way. AU under Barbee will get better. He just needs time! When he was hired, even he said its gonna get worse before it gets better. Well... AU basketball is at the low point, but he has a decent crop of freshmen (and a decent signing class) with the utmost potential. They need time to develop.

Barbee WILL turn this program around!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what I'm saying... "eventually" AU could find a basketball coach to be successful. But that's not we need right now. We can't keep firing people until we finally find a winner. We need some continuity and longevity. We can't have these lofty expectations for basketball just yet. We've got a good young coach who is determined to right the ship! Fans need to just take the bumps along the way. AU under Barbee will get better. He just needs time! When he was hired, even he said its gonna get worse before it gets better. Well... AU basketball is at the low point, but he has a decent crop of freshmen (and a decent signing class) with the utmost potential. They need time to develop.

Maybe. Not looking good so far because there is no evidence of any future success based on the current results, roster and signing class. I personally think Barbee is a poor fit for AU, plus inept and in over his head and that the program has gotten worse because of him. But I am sure he will get at least one more year to prove me wrong.

But you can't say that AU "can't keep firing people" without getting a fair shot because that has not happened. Ever. And if Barbee was fired this year I would say he absolutely deserves it. Owning the worst 3 year start of any coach at AU in history is not a good omen of things to come.

Maybe. Not looking good so far because there is no evidence of any future success based on the current results, roster and signing class. I personally think Barbee is a poor fit for AU, plus inept and in over his head and that the program has gotten worse because of him. But I am sure he will get at least one more year to prove me wrong.

But you can't say that AU "can't keep firing people" without getting a fair shot because that has not happened. Ever. And if Barbee was fired this year I would say he absolutely deserves it. Owning the worst 3 year start of any coach at AU in history is not a good omen of things to come.

Let's let Shaq, JP, Granger, and BGjr get through their junior seasons to see if Barbee is a lost cause or not... I think they're gonna be good. I think they're gonna buy in, and I think they're gonna win.

Taj (13' signee) is the true PG that we need.

Ron Delph (13' signee) is the disruptive big man we need.

The Lithuanian (13' signee) has the sweet mid-range jumper we need.

We're gonna be good...

Heck, all we have to do is hit open shots, and we'll be 100% better!

Archived