Another hit for JJ...

buzzurd24

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/05/auburn_finishes_12th_in_race_f.html#incart_flyout_sports

Auburn finishes 12th in race for SEC All-Sports Trophy

Print

Brandon Marcello | bmarcello@al.com By Brandon Marcello | bmarcello@al.com

Email the author | Follow on Twitter

on May 20, 2013 at 2:40 PM, updated May 20, 2013 at 3:06 PM

21Auburn1.jpgThe Auburn equestrian team celebrates its NCEA Overall and Hunt Seat Championship at Toomer's Corner on Sunday, April 21, 2013. (Anthony Hall/Auburn University)

Auburn finished in the bottom half of the Southeastern Conference in the All-Sports Trophy standings, an annual list of the best athletic programs in the conference.

Auburn finished 12th overall in the All-Sports Trophy rankings, which tabulates scores based off conference performances by every sports program at the respective schools.

The award is presented by the Halifax Media Group, which owns 31 newspapers including The Gainesville Sun.

Scores were tabulated by taking a program's point total and dividing it by the total number of teams competing at the school. Cross country, and indoor and outdoor track field scores were combined. Outdoor track makes up half of the track score, while the remaining two quarters are based on cross country and indoor.

Championships won outside the SEC were not included in the tabulations, which are based solely on SEC standings.

Florida won the All-Sports Trophy for the 23rd time thanks to eight SEC titles.

Auburn did not win an SEC title in 2012-13, but the equestrian team did win a national title after falling to South Carolina in the SEC championships in the spring.

Auburn finished eighth in the rankings in 2011-12.

The SEC once compiled numbers for the award but stopped in 1994. The New York Times Media Group took over in 1995, but stopped in 2011.

Halifax Media Group All-Sports Trophy

OVERALL

School Points Teams Score

1. Florida 160.5 222 .7230

2. Georgia 144 226 .6372

3. Texas A&M 137 218 .6284

4. Tennessee 117.5 214 .5491

5. Arkansas 111.5 212 .5448

6. LSU 116 222 .5225

7. Alabama 111.5 222 .5023

8. South Carolina 104.5 218 .4794

9. Kentucky 105 222 .4730

10. Vanderbilt 77.5 178 .4354

11. Missouri 88.5 209 .4234

12. Auburn 88.5 226 .3916

13. Ole Miss 67.5 192 .3516

14. Mississippi State 64.5 192 .3359

Email: bmarcello@al.com

Twitter: @bmarcello

Facebook: Auburn Tigers on AL.com

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THis is pretty sad. A bad year in football and basketball is a big part of it.

All we could do is beat the Mississippi schools, we couldn't even beat Vanderbilt.......

Not that it makes things better but by those numbers why are we behind mizzou and vandy?....am I missing something

Another "prestigious" notch in JJ's belt.

For JJ's sake (and for the sake of my sanity), Malzahn better deliver the goods over the next few year. We should at least be in the 6-7 range overall given our circumstances.

In case you haven't heard, UGA fired their baseball coach, David Perno, today. He led UGA to 3 CWS APPEARANCES IN HIS TENURE!!! But the team took a turn for the worse the past few years, so UGA told him to KICK ROCKS because finishing near the bottom of the east wasn't good enough.

..and the State of Mississippi comes through once again for us. Whew! We (the State of Alabama) should send them a big thank you card for keeping us off the bottom in most of the undesirable lists. :)

Another standing o for JJ. JG throws his 100% support towards JJ. I don't think JG could care less about our athletic department. Because he did, JJ's grass would have been kicked out the door the day after UAT kicked us around 49-0 to end a year that saw us go 3-9 overall and 0-8 in conference play.

In case you haven't heard, UGA fired their baseball coach, David Perno, today. He led UGA to 3 CWS APPEARANCES IN HIS TENURE!!! But the team took a turn for the worse the past few years, so UGA told him to KICK ROCKS because finishing near the bottom of the east wasn't good enough.

Shows that some Athletic Dept.'s actually care about putting a winning product on the field. I was flipping through the channels the other day and saw where UF's women's lacrosse team was in the quarterfinals of the NCAA tourney. Today I saw where UF's ladies tennis team, ranked #1 nationally, was in the final four of their NCAA tourney. Some schools have quality AD's, who can hire quality coaches and still manage to make money, some schools don't have that luxury.

Call me a sunshine pumper if you like, but I've got a feeling things are about to turn around in football AND basketball. Baseball...we'll see.

But please do whatever possible to persuade David Marsh to return, Mr. Jacobs.

Call me a sunshine pumper if you like, but I've got a feeling things are about to turn around in football AND basketball. Baseball...we'll see.

I would be shocked if Marsh returned to work for JJ again.

wde

Yeah, but we are making money soooo.........................

Until THIS ranking changes JJ will be employed. All that matters to the BOT.

When 7 of the top 11 are SEC, it shows you it's not the AD's, it's the TV contracts.

Coach Marsh will not return to Auburn as long as JJ is the AD. JJ is the reason he left.

Can someone tell the BOT, that number will still be good with a new AD! Does the BOT really not care that we are looking up to Missouri and Vandy?

A committee of outsiders was tasked with evaluating every crevice of the AU athletic department, they reported back to Dr.Gouge and he publically showed his support for Jacobs. We as fans, have been given no choice but to wait and see what happens to our beloved athletic programs in the future. I believe the fanbase has voiced its displeassure with the current AD in charge, and our voice has been heard loud and clear. The PTB, including the BOT and the President are the people that make the big decisions - we fans & alum are expecteed to just sit back, purchase our season tickets, and watch what happens.

1. Seriously, I thought we would be worse.

2. Not seriously. Yes, the BOT does not care about our competitive standing.

Halifax Media Group All-Sports Trophy

OVERALL

School Points Teams Score

1. Florida 160.5 222 .7230

2. Georgia 144 226 .6372

3. Texas A&M 137 218 .6284

4. Tennessee 117.5 214 .5491

5. Arkansas 111.5 212 .5448

6. LSU 116 222 .5225

7. Alabama 111.5 222 .5023

8. South Carolina 104.5 218 .4794

9. Kentucky 105 222 .4730

10. Vanderbilt 77.5 178 .4354

11. Missouri 88.5 209 .4234

12. Auburn 88.5 226 .3916

13. Ole Miss 67.5 192 .3516

14. Mississippi State 64.5 192 .3359

That makes me sick. I hope JG and JJ loves those stats.

Can someone tell the BOT, that number will still be good with a new AD! Does the BOT really not care that we are looking up to Missouri and Vandy?

We sure don't need any new reviews of the athletic department (other than for spending). We can just use the SEC All-Sports ranking each year.

We sure don't need any new reviews of the athletic department (other than for spending). We can just use the SEC All-Sports ranking each year.

I disagree, I think we should form a committee to study which method we should use to review the athletic departments. Then the findings can be put in front of another committee for their review. By the way, JJ cannot be in any of the committees as he is working on other AD things. Those other AD things, need committees as well though.

I disagree, I think we should form a committee to study which method we should use to review the athletic departments. Then the findings can be put in front of another committee for their review. By the way, JJ cannot be in any of the committees as he is working on other AD things. Those other AD things, need committees as well though.

You gotta question an administration that chooses Pete Boone as part of a committee to evaluate an athletic department that has their sports programs swimming around the bottom of the conference barrel. Talk about an inept athletic director, Boone takes the cake with mis-management at OleMiss.

Archived