2014 4* DE Andrew Williams commits to AU!

ellitor

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he looks at the success rate of AU verses Clemson, it should not be a contest.

Clemson always starts out ranked well, then loses out at the end of the season.

His choice of course, but all things considered he would much better off at AU if he wants national coverage.

I have never really understood how Clemson pulls some of these recruits. They play in the ACC and have a tradition of underachieving. Their only NC was followed by being put on probation and I cannot remember the last time they won the ACC. Maybe Mackensie Alexander should give Williams a call and tell him how he likes Clemson.

They win the ACC three years ago but got blown out by WVU in the orange bowl. Clemson is a nice place with "nice" tradition and produces NFL talent, but it isn't Auburn. Their road to a title gets tougher with the entry of Louisville and Notre Dame on a rotating basis and FSU is there every year.

They win the ACC three years ago but got blown out by WVU in the orange bowl. Clemson is a nice place with "nice" tradition and produces NFL talent, but it isn't Auburn. Their road to a title gets tougher with the entry of Louisville and Notre Dame on a rotating basis and FSU is there every year.

Clemson is a nice school with a great campus, but it isn't Auburn. Not saying that as a fan or attender of AU, but as a reality in football history. Clemson is always going to be overshadowed by a top SEC team. They do get in some good recruits who go onto the NFL, but they rarely win their conference and usually wind up third in their conference (which is weak overall).

Clemson is a nice school with a great campus, but it isn't Auburn. Not saying that as a fan or attender of AU, but as a reality in football history. Clemson is always going to be overshadowed by a top SEC team. They do get in some good recruits who go onto the NFL, but they rarely win their conference and usually wind up third in their conference (which is weak overall).

The way Clemson and Auburn mirrors each other is sometimes remarkable. It really is Auburn with a lake. Our own Samford hall is replicated into an exact copy at Clemson and legend is they borrowed our practice uniforms back in the day. I'd like to see a greater rivalry between the two- given all the similarities. Only difference these days is they don orange and white while playing in a weaker league.http://wp.auburn.edu/auburnmagazine/those-tigers-in-south-carolina/

The way Clemson and Auburn mirrors each other is sometimes remarkable. It really is Auburn with a lake. Our own Samford hall is replicated into an exact copy at Clemson and legend is they borrowed our practice uniforms back in the day. I'd like to see a greater rivalry between the two- given all the similarities. Only difference these days is they don orange and white while playing in a weaker league.http://wp.auburn.edu...south-carolina/

And their coach is a world class feminine hygiene product.

The way Clemson and Auburn mirrors each other is sometimes remarkable. It really is Auburn with a lake. Our own Samford hall is replicated into an exact copy at Clemson and legend is they borrowed our practice uniforms back in the day. I'd like to see a greater rivalry between the two- given all the similarities. Only difference these days is they don orange and white while playing in a weaker league.http://wp.auburn.edu...south-carolina/

If dabo is world class feminine product, what is lane kiffin. universal

I like our chances from everything I have been able to gather. He loves the way we rotated the DL. Anyone else expect to hear other teams start doing this? Or at least they will claim to.

If dabo is world class feminine product, what is lane kiffin. universal

He's another one.

I like our chances from everything I have been able to gather. He loves the way we rotated the DL. Anyone else expect to hear other teams start doing this? Or at least they will claim to.

It depends if they are a HUNH team or not or if they play many HUNH teams. You have to rotate DLAs to compliment HUMH offenses.

He is going to be a monster. He could end up inside before it's all said and done. Several coaches have said this as well as Keith and Kipp. He has an incredible frame. He will have a big transition from the competition he faced in 1-A HS to SEC.

Dang! Andrew had an awesome eating day! Pizza with Gus for lunch and wings for dinner. YUM!!!!

I think we may be worried about a few too many details about our prospects. Sounds like E is tracking recruits and monitoring their diets.

Dang! Andrew had an awesome eating day! Pizza with Gus for lunch and wings for dinner. YUM!!!!

I think we may be worried about a few too many details about our prospects. Sounds like E is tracking recruits and monitoring their diets.

Na. Saw the pics he tweeted yesterday so I decided to post about it. lol

Andrew will visit UGA tomorrow but more of a courtesy visit. http://recruiting.bl...e-visit-to-uga/

One of the state’s top uncommitted prospects not namedLorenzo Carter is expected to take an official visit to UGA this weekend.

Andrew Williams, a 4-star defensive end from Eagle’s Landing Christian Academy, is expected to visit UGA on Saturday after meeting on Friday with Bulldogs assistants Jeremy Pruitt andTracy Rocker.

“I think he is going to go up there tomorrow and watch film with the coaching staff,” ECLA coach Jonathan Gess told the AJC on late Friday. “But I know he’s not going up there today. He might go there on an official visit tomorrow. I can’t tell you if he will spend the night there tomorrow night, but I think he is.”

Williams is ranked as the state’s No. 17 overall prospect, and has Auburn and Clemson as his co-leaders. He will announce his decision at 9:45 a.m. Wednesday in a ceremony at ELCA, the Class A private school in McDonough.

Why does Williams have interest in taking a last-minute trip at UGA? “I think he’s just looking,” Gess said. “A lot of times, these kids don’t want to tell anybody ‘No.’ I think Andrew knows he wants to go to Auburn or Clemson, but his daddy wants him to go to Georgia and hear out the new DC and Coach Rocker. It’s one of those things where if you go to Georgia and you’re not swayed, then you really do know you have the right final two schools with Auburn and Clemson. If they do swing you, then maybe you didn’t have the right schools.”

The 6-foot-4, 247-pound Williams is projected by recruiting analysts to be a traditional defensive end in a 4-3 scheme. Pruitt will be running a 3-4 formation at UGA, but is trying to convince Williams that he would fit into that scheme, too.

“Andrew is a 4-3 defensive end — he’s a defensive end for a four-man front, and he knows that,” Gess said. “But that’s the big selling point for Pruitt. He wants Andrew to come in and be able to show him on film ‘This is how we will use you.’ Pruitt is saying he’s more of a four-man front more than a 3-4 guy. Who knows? It’s hard to decipher what college coaches are selling you. I don’t think that Andrew is going to Georgia. I just think he’s not going to say ‘No’ to an invitation to sit down with the coaches. He’s going to check it out, and his daddy wanted him to do that.

“I think Drew has a great relationships with Auburn and Clemson. So it would be real hard for Georgia in one day to swing that because he’s got great relationships with both head coaches at Auburn and Clemson, along with both defensive line coaches.”

Ironically, one of the main reasons that Williams likes Auburn so much is because of his relationship with defensive line coachRodney Garner, the former UGA recruiting coordinator. Garner didn’t show much interest in Williams when he was at UGA, allowing other schools to get a gigantic head start ahead of the Bulldogs in the recruiting process.

“Andrew had an amazing senior,” Gess said. “I think when people look at Drew, maybe because we’re a smaller school and don’t get the clout that a Lorenzo Carter would get, when you come in and look at him, and you see his body and his physique, and you watch film and his feet, it’s easy to see he’s probably one of the best, if not, best defensive end in the state. He has got long arms, big hands and he’s 6-foot-4 and 260 pounds — and there’s not an ounce of fat on his body. Of course, with Auburn and Clemson and a few others, he was always No. 1 on their board. He has always been the guy they had to have. Pruitt wanted him bad when he was at Florida State, but Andrew didn’t want to go to Florida State. That’s why Georgia is getting in on him now. “

More on Pruitt and the 3-4 defense: When Pruitt was hired as UGA’s defensive coordinator a few weeks ago, he explained how players would be usedin his 3-4 scheme: “First thing is I’m not really familiar with what was done here before, but we are and will be a 3-4 defense. However, in this day and time when you look out there, you’ve got people who say they’re 3-4 or 4-3 but at the end of the day, you watch teams play and there’s so much difference. One week you might play against a team that has two tight ends and one running back, and next week it might be one running back and four wide receivers. So teams that are 3-4, you’ll see them line up in 4-3 defenses and teams that are 4-3, you’ll see them line-up in odd defenses. I think you’ve got to be able to do both. That’s what we’ll do. We’ll figure out who our best guys are and we’ll get our best guys on the field.”

Archived