2014 4* DE Andrew Williams commits to AU!

ellitor

Maybe, but it's undeniable that having a full depth chart return in-tact (see: DE depth chart at UGA) makes it FAR less likely that an incoming freshman is going to get significant PT compared with a team that has only two rotation players returning at the same spot (see: DE depth chart at Auburn). Whether you're confident or not, there is a "clear path to the basket" here. Not at UGA.

It's also an issue of coaching philosophy. If I recall correctly, Rocker played the starters until their tongues were hanging out and pretty much the starters played the entire game. Might have been an issue of depth...but also game management style.

If last year is an indication, Garner will play as many kids as can hold their own against SEC opponents.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That said, I thought Rocker going to UGA would be an issue....... He's a damn good defensive line coach.

Eh... Rocker is one of the better DL coaches out there but I'd cool the jets on "damn good." If you go through and look at his history, he has had success but not at a rate that would indicate elite but rather better/good DL coach. Good hire for UGA, not as good as say Rodney Garner was for us

Gene, I'm not going to pimp a UGA coach any more than I have. I'll just say I strongly disagree with your assessment of Rocker.

I love Coach Garner. He's as good as anyone in the business. Glad to have him. I prefer Rocker out of the SEC.

I think UGA gets his signature. I would love for it to be AU, but after reading things about his visit to UGA I think he signs there.

That's my impression, as well. Hope I'm wrong.

Not trying to be a Debbie downer because we do have an excellent class but if we miss on Evans and Williams to our too most hated rivals its gonna sting BAD.

After what happened earlier, we need a little positive bump at the end of the day. We also need DEs. Don't be fooled by that nonsense they sold you on PT. You actually have a chance to play for Auburn next year.

Not trying to be a Debbie downer because we do have an excellent class but if we miss on Evans and Williams to our too most hated rivals its gonna sting BAD.

You need to go back and watch the uga and alabama games from this past year and it will cheer you up.

You need to go back and watch the uga and alabama games from this past year and it will cheer you up.

Good Point. May need to do that soon.

After the RE fiasco I'm a little hesitant to put this here but the AU coaches thinks they get Williams.

Hope this is true, but hearing UGA.

I hope we get him, but lets not leak another profile before he announces. So embarrassing.

Archived