2014 4* DE Andrew Williams commits to AU!

ellitor

I'm expecting less than a three deep. At the end of the year last year, we cut the DE rotation to 4 guys (Owens/Ford starting, Lawson/Sanders backing up). I'm guessing we play five man rotation unless there are health issues.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm expecting less than a three deep. At the end of the year last year, we cut the DE rotation to 4 guys (Owens/Ford starting, Lawson/Sanders backing up). I'm guessing we play five man rotation unless there are health issues.

By "deep" I meant "scholarship players available".

What does "trending UGA" mean? More rumors from the internet? More "crystal ball" predictions from the internet? Increasing angst on message boards? Or, does it mean nothing?

What does "trending UGA" mean? More rumors from the internet? More "crystal ball" predictions from the internet? Increasing angst on message boards? Or, does it mean nothing?

Very good question....This is not an internet popularity contest. At about 10:30 last night the guy gave no clues..

It means he had a great OV to UGA and they have gotten right in the mix of this race.

And ... there is a lot of internet fodder from 'insiders' in the UGA camp who feel good. TIFWIW

Do you see it as 50/50 or one team with an advantage?

I'm still picking AU til UGA 247 reporters or AUC change their crystal ball picks to UGA. Then I will reevaluate.

And ... there is a lot of internet fodder from 'insiders' in the UGA camp who feel good. TIFWIW

I'm still picking AU til UGA 247 reporters or AUC change their crystal ball picks to UGA. Then I will reevaluate.

Fair enough ...

Again, just sharing what is out there.

Fair enough ...

Again, just sharing what is out there.

I know buddy. :)

Scout article, which I cannot read, has headlines that suggest "new coach"has changed everything for Williams. That may or may not have any significance

Scout article, which I cannot read, has headlines that suggest "new coach"has changed everything for Williams. That may or may not have any significance

i assume it referencing how TR has made it more of a battle than it was previously

If PT is the issue, about every defensive player able to play saw meaningful playing time last year for Auburn.

I don't keep very close track of other schools but I doubt UGA or many other SEC school rotated their defensive players around like Auburn did....and the places where we stuck mostly with the starter were places where we had no depth.

For a guy with his apparent talent, he should not be worrying about playing time at AU.

The idea that he has an opportunity for more PT at UGA is laughable. Rocker sold that dude a bill of goods.

That said, I thought Rocker going to UGA would be an issue. It happened quickly, and it will continue. He's a damn good defensive line coach. I think we've got a damn good one too. I just preferred UGA (and every other SEC school) without Rocker.

Playing time is always an interesting pitch to me personally. I'm competitive and I'd believe I could earn a spot wherever I went. Having someone better above you pushes you

Maybe, but it's undeniable that having a full depth chart return in-tact (see: DE depth chart at UGA) makes it FAR less likely that an incoming freshman is going to get significant PT compared with a team that has only two rotation players returning at the same spot (see: DE depth chart at Auburn). Whether you're confident or not, there is a "clear path to the basket" here. Not at UGA.

The idea that he has an opportunity for more PT at UGA is laughable. Rocker sold that dude a bill of goods.

That said, I thought Rocker going to UGA would be an issue. It happened quickly, and it will continue. He's a damn good defensive line coach. I think we've got a damn good one too. I just preferred UGA (and every other SEC school) without Rocker.

If Tracy gets an NFL offer he will most likely be gone. Don't you think?

No idea. I hope so. If he's not at Auburn, I want him out of the SEC. But who knows? It was a great hire by Richt, and it's already causing us headaches.

I thought Rocker going to UGA would be an issue. It happened quickly, and it will continue. He's a damn good defensive line coach. I think we've got a damn good one too. I just preferred UGA (and every other SEC school) without Rocker.

Careful, I said essentially the same thing after Rock got hired and was asked if I was F#@&ing kidding?

Archived