2014 4* DE Andrew Williams commits to AU!

ellitor

I understand WIlliams had a great visit to UGA this past weekend. Apparently, Rocker wants him bad. Some people are predicting Williams to UGA, just like that. Interesting. I hope we can still pull him in. They worked him hard on how he will fit into their new 4-3 defense.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think UGA will be running a 4-3.....they have the personel for the 3-4 and Pruitt is a 3-4 guy. He ran a different defense at FSU out of necessity with the personel they had on campus (for the 4-3). He has stated he would be moving them to a 3-4 base.

I don't think UGA will be running a 4-3.....they have the personel for the 3-4 and Pruitt is a 3-4 guy. He ran a different defense at FSU out of necessity with the personel they had on campus (for the 4-3). He has stated he would be moving them to a 3-4 base.

A coach change his defensive scheme just to accommodate one player.......VERY unlikely....typical stuff these kids are fed in an attempt to turn their heads.

A coach change his defensive scheme just to accommodate one player.......VERY unlikely....typical stuff these kids are fed in an attempt to turn their heads.

Umm, didn't Georgia switch to a 3-4 either two or three years ago? I believe they did, and their new DC if anything is talking about using both 3-4 and 4-3 looks at times, which I expect he'll do. We don't have to let our first reaction be an assumption that another program is lying.

Umm, didn't Georgia switch to a 3-4 either two or three years ago? I believe they did, and their new DC if anything is talking about using both 3-4 and 4-3 looks at times, which I expect he'll do. We don't have to let our first reaction be an assumption that another program is lying.

Hybrid defenses are becoming a trend in my opinion. I think our staff is pretty confident with Williams but it will be a battle until the ink hits the paper and the paper hits the fax machine

According to a Clemson board, the time change was so he could be on ESPNU. Not sure. UGA seems to be trending hard on Williams right now. It appears at the least they will make it interesting.

Hybrid defenses are becoming a trend in my opinion. I think our staff is pretty confident with Williams but it will be a battle until the ink hits the paper and the paper hits the fax machine

what battle? should be dead period. unless your talking about mind frick battles in his head

So you don't think that a college coach would tell some impressionable HS kid whatever he thought it would take to get the guy to sign on? Not saying that the UGA coach is necessarily lying but all of these guys are experts at telling the kids what they want to hear.

I'm sure some coaches stretch the truth at times, but I think the info in that chain of replies is off. My point was twofold...that UGA switched to the 3-4 years earlier (thus negating the factual claim) and that we shouldn't assume everyone is a liar, any more so then they should assume that our coaches lie.

what battle? should be dead period. unless your talking about mind frick battles in his head

Recruits have unlimited calls. Coaches have 1 call the next 2 days. On NSD coaches have unlimited calls Link (bottom of page 4) so it very well could be a battle with Williams announcing at 1 AU time.

I'm sure some coaches stretch the truth at times, but I think the info in that chain of replies is off. My point was twofold...that UGA switched to the 3-4 years earlier (thus negating the factual claim) and that we shouldn't assume everyone is a liar, any more so then they should assume that our coaches lie.

I understand that...but different coach then....just saying that any kid who depends too much on what a coach will tell him about his future, what role he will play, what defense, etc...can be in for a disappointment. How many kids signed with AU a few years ago expected to be playing pro-set offense in 2012...or this past season playing a 4-2-5 and changing positions ?

Coaches don't necessarily lie...but situations change and coaches change. Better if the recruit makes his choice based on the school (and not the coach).... and is agreeable to play where it helps the team the most.

Recruits have unlimited calls. Coaches have 1 call the next 2 days. On NSD coaches have unlimited calls Link (bottom of page 4) so it very well could be a battle with Williams announcing at 1 AU time.

UGA is trending right now for him. Is it pretty much going to be an Auburn/Georgia battle or is Clemson still a threat?

UGA is trending right now for him. Is it pretty much going to be an Auburn/Georgia battle or is Clemson still a threat?

I would not say Clemson is out.

well Elisha shaw said he will sign with someone. any idea who? Andrew Williams is on next

Elisha is expected to go to Alabama but not as a football player. In other words, non-athletic scholarship.

Williams seems to be a good kid. From his own comments, he said it was still a 3 school race.

Our coaches may know something but he did not tip his hand one bit last night on FoxSouth.

Guy who runs the Forum on the Clemson Insider said he spoke with some sources Tuesday Morning (today), and the consensus was Williams was headed to Auburn. Claimed early playing time was a big reason.

However, he did not mention Georgia at all, and there has been a lot of buzz about UGA closing fast. Don't think we are out of the woods yet or anything, but it at least appears Clemson is out.

PT should be a factor. As I said in the Kennion thread, we have four scholarship DEs in the spring. Lambert, Williams, Kennion, and Thornton are walking into an open door; that's especially true if you consider two of the four guys available in spring have almost zero experience (Harrell and President).

PT should be a factor. As I said in the Kennion thread, we have four scholarship DEs in the spring. Lambert, Williams, Kennion, and Thornton are walking into an open door; that's especially true if you consider two of the four guys available in spring have almost zero experience (Harrell and President).

Harrell, President, Lawson, Daniel, and Owen. I count 5.

Harrell, President, Lawson, Daniel, and Owen. I count 5.

Daniel played more DT than DE this past year, and figures to do the same next year.

Daniel moving back to DE would be a complete reversal of course. Coach Johnson has said a number of times that he sees him as a DT, and he played DT almost exclusively the second half of last season. The best comp for the kind of DT Daniel could become is Jay Ratliff. Lean but strong. Explosve and disruptive.

(4 current + 4 signees) - 2 RS

2 DE spots = 3 deep

Sounds spot on to me, especially with Owens being a senior and Lambert coming from juco. I know he's got 3 to play 2, but he could theoretically head on to greener pastures sooner rather than later (and let's hope he plays well enough to give himself that chance).

Archived