2014 4* DE Andrew Williams commits to AU!

ellitor

I love this kid! Can't wait to see him for the AUBURN TIGERS!!

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update from my source: Teacher at my old high school spoke with his brother yesterday (who also went to school with me) and he said there was never a decision to be made and that he would commit to Auburn. War Eagle to making us sweat Andrew

Saw him on Foxsports a few days ago and immediately liked him. A good down to earth young man and played no games with anyone during the interview.

A great picture of him in AU duds above this post....has a great smile and is very personable. He should be fun to have as part of the AU family.

This year, he's more likely to play DE unless we Lambert/Thornton/Kennion look better there. There are two rotation spots (minimum) up for grabs on the edge. Zero on the interior. If we told him early PT is available, we were talking about DE.

Nicely done Ellis and company.

Yep....Garner should have plenty of quality players for his rotation this season.

Personable, humorous, engaging kid. No arrogance in assuming he can just walk in and take a starting spot, but clearly focused on quickly earning a spot in the rotation and making an impact.

What was in the brief case?

I think it was his full Auburn outfit (sweater and hat). I am seeing pictures of him in it and idk where it came from.

Alright, once his LOI comes in, does anyone wanna see a picture of young andrew? Got a picture from an old yearbook. lol

So, his LOI is in. This offer still on the table? Lol sounds like a good one

What was in the brief case?

I think it was his full Auburn outfit (sweater and hat). I am seeing pictures of him in it and idk where it came from.

Alright, once his LOI comes in, does anyone wanna see a picture of young andrew? Got a picture from an old yearbook. lol

So, his LOI is in. This offer still on the table? Lol sounds like a good one

Yeah I am e-mailing myself the photo since i don't know a better way to post it on here from my phone. I am better at doing it on the computer.

Edit: My phone email isn't working so I just had to tweet it. Link in next post.

So I guess to many of my fellow AU fans, a kid handles his recruitment "honorably" or "with class" only if he signs with the Tigers in the end. Such a shame that some feel that way.

Very glad that a kid the next town over from me picked the AU Tigers. Welcome to the family young Mr. Williams. WDE!!!

So I guess to many of my fellow AU fans, a kid handles his recruitment "honorably" or "with class" only if he signs with the Tigers in the end. Such a shame that some feel that way.

Very glad that a kid the next town over from me picked the AU Tigers. Welcome to the family young Mr. Williams. WDE!!!

I think it was more the way he didn't tell people he was leaning Tigers the whole way. He consistently said he was between Clemson and Auburn and didn't know. I would rather a kid not give us hope then sign somewhere else then play the coaches and fans and sign with UA. If he had signed with UGA I wouldn't have been as upset because we never actually led. The closest we came to publicly leading was being tied with CU.

I think it was more the way he didn't tell people he was leaning Tigers the whole way. He consistently said he was between Clemson and Auburn and didn't know. I would rather a kid not give us hope then sign somewhere else then play the coaches and fans and sign with UA. If he had signed with UGA I wouldn't have been as upset because we never actually led. The closest we came to publicly leading was being tied with CU.

I saw just as much confidence and optimism, if not more, to the tune of Andrew Williams signing with us than the guy from Auburn high schoo all the way up until his visit to Uga last weekend.

I saw just as much confidence and optimism, if not more, to the tune of Andrew Williams signing with us than the guy from Auburn high schoo all the way up until his visit to Uga last weekend.

The week before he stated that he was still debating between AU and CU. Then of course UGA replaced CU in the last week. We had confidence but it wasn't like RE where he told coaches and others that AU was leading (allegedly). Andrew told his gf his top two were AU and CU and they were tied. If you want to continue this discussion, start a thread about it. This thread is about Andrew. Second time someone has tried to derail it with crap about Evans.

Sorry....but you are missing the point. I watched Williams on FoxSS about a week before the he signed...he was polite, did not play games with the interview and said when he would announce the decision. That was it....no peak-a-boo games about where he might go and that's all most of us are asking. There was no daily update from the family about what the kid had for breakfast or whatever....and no constantly dangling the carrot out in front of the fan base by his family or HS coach. I have only respect for the guys who play it straight...no matter where they end up and the vast majority did just that. When I saw the Williams interview, I figured he was going to be a recruit that any school would be proud to sign. I think this guy will end up being a team leader.

rolls, I think Ronnie Clark handled his recruitment in a mature way, and he signed with a school I loathe. If you can't see a difference between Clark/Williams (and lots of others) and Foster/Evans/Yeldon (or if you want examples outside of AU/UA battles, look at the joke of Willie Williams' process), I don't think we're ever going to see eye to eye on this one.

One guy acted like a mature, respectful guy. The other trolled the "losing" staff and invited that school's signees to his ceremony only to surprise them and sign with their rival. I think highly of the one, not so for the other.

Archived