2015 5* DT Daron Payne (Alabama signee)

ellitor

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Muschamp and Garner met with Payne yesterday ...

Of course, Daron also drove to Tusc. to meet with Saban yesterday as well.

He is a turd plain and simple. We come visit him and then he runs to saban instead of saban coming to him. These kids in this state are so gullible when it comes to this demi god. I wish we would cut this kid off and concentrate on gentry instead.

Well, what do ya know, I guess superiority and inferiority complexes do run in pairs.

Muschamp and Garner met with Payne yesterday ...

Of course, Daron also drove to Tusc. to meet with Saban yesterday as well.

He is a turd plain and simple. We come visit him and then he runs to saban instead of saban coming to him. These kids in this state are so gullible when it comes to this demi god. I wish we would cut this kid off and concentrate on gentry instead.

Well, what do ya know, I guess superiority and inferiority complexes do run in pairs.

U should know

Well Saban will make them NFL players... But it's not as hard producing NFL players when he gets all 5 stars. They believe saban is coaching them to play in the pros but how many of those 5 stars end up in the pros? If all the 5 stars went to Miss St wouldn't they be the best at producing NFL talent?? Saban is overrated as a coach but as a recruiter he's got the kids believing it's him producing them.

Payne will go to bammer because he wants to go pro smh

Some of you need to calm down on the insults.. Our staff obviously really wants this kid and if he's good enough for them, he should be good enough for us. I understand the frustration with his Bama fascination but relax and remember he's an 18 year old kid.

Some of you need to calm down on the insults.. Our staff obviously really wants this kid and if he's good enough for them, he should be good enough for us. I understand the frustration with his Bama fascination but relax and remember he's an 18 year old kid.

Nope. A couple message board rumors carry way more weight than our own coaches' evaluations ever could. /sarcasm

You mean we don't get to call a high school kid a "turd" just because they visit another school? What is this board coming to?!

These ain't your granddaddies "fan growing up". Thes guys today call themselves " fan growing up" cause they may have gotten a jersey for their birthday from their uncle. It's not in their blood like many here. There is a difference. You know full well if you were in their shoes there would be no way you would turn, given the current level of the two programs. All it takes to wipe out "all those years of fandom" is the twinkle in wee mans eye and the promises from the REC for momma and her BF.

These ain't your granddaddies "fan growing up". Thes guys today call themselves " fan growing up" cause they may have gotten a jersey for their birthday from their uncle. It's not in their blood like many here. There is a difference. You know full well if you were in their shoes there would be no way you would turn, given the current level of the two programs. All it takes to wipe out "all those years of fandom" is the twinkle in wee mans eye and the promises from the REC for momma and her BF.

Seriously? You don't know a thing about this kid.

Clayton I used to work for a REC Booster. One kid from UAT sat in the break room for a couple of weeks. He was hired as a "helper" for HVAC service technicians. I have always been curious how much he made "helping". You can believe me or not but its true.

**Edit** He was a cousin or brother of a UAT athlete.**

Clayton I used to work for a REC Booster. One kid from UAT sat in the break room for a couple of weeks. He was hired as a "helper" for HVAC service technicians. I have always been curious how much he made "helping". You can believe me or not but its true.

I have no idea one or the other, but I just think making false accusations about high school kids is stupid.

I have no idea one or the other, but I just think making false accusations about high school kids is stupid.

From my time working there I have no doubt about their tactics. Russ was at the booster level that when Platform Shoes came to Huntsville he stopped by the office and they had a talk in the conference room. You probably think that I am making this up but I swear I am not. I went around the office spraying Lysol. Gee I wonder why I don't work there anymore?? From looking at Payne's last 3-4 visits and hearing what he reportedly said about signing with bammer at the Alabama/Mississippi All Star game I am pretty sure he is bammer bound.

• 2 weeks later...

Most agree that Payne is a heavy Bama mean and possibly a silent commit. Our coaches are smart and obviously more in the know than any of us but I hope we watch him closely that weekend and not let him use this time to recruit for Bsma ling RF. Too many important recruits to risk this but the coaches must know something we don't

Muschamp: What are the chances of a guy like you and a coach like me... ending up together at Auburn?

Payne: Well, that's pretty difficult to say.

Muschamp: Hit me with it! I've come a long way to see you, Daron. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?

Payne: Not good.

Muschamp: You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?

Payne: I'd say more like one out of a million.

[pause]

Muschamp: So you're telling me there's a chance. YEAH!!!!

~ very loosely translated from Dumb and Dumber

Muschamp: What are the chances of a coach like you and a player like me... ending up together at Auburn?

Slight fix ;)/>

:dunno:/> Don't understand the fix.

I don't either

In the scene in Dumb and Dumber--

Lloyd Christmas: What do you think the chances are of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?

Maybe it makes more sense when you see the actual quote combined with my correction.

Archived