2015 5* DT Daron Payne (Alabama signee)

ellitor

Mikey, I have no idea if he's a personality fit. I don't know him. I just think people implying he wouldn't fit into our scheme are crazy. That's as far as my opinion goes. He'd be fine in a 4-3.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Realistically do we have a chance with DP?

I too am wondering what it would take to get Daron Payne. At this point I would say that we have very little shot. All indications since last fall are that Bama leads big. I like to look at certain signs. Here's a guy that is choosing to go to a Moo State game over Auburn's biggest recruiting weekend. Evans decision to not come to Auburn's big recruiting weekend this past January turned out to be very telling. Unless something drastic changes (I.e. Cristobal leaving Bama), I don't see him going anywhere but UAT.

well L ets just see whAt we know so far about this young defensive wiZard..a verY big guy

Well played

I don't get it as usual. What does LAZ mean?

That depends. If depth chart is a real issue in his recruitment then yes. If it's fluff then no.

well L ets just see whAt we know so far about this young defensive wiZard..a verY big guy

Well played

There is a capital "Y" as well... Lazy

Well played

There is a capital "Y" as well... Lazy

Damn! I read that thing 10 times and missed the Y every time til you pointed it out. lol

I too am wondering what it would take to get Daron Payne. At this point I would say that we have very little shot. All indications since last fall are that Bama leads big. I like to look at certain signs. Here's a guy that is choosing to go to a Moo State game over Auburn's biggest recruiting weekend. Evans decision to not come to Auburn's big recruiting weekend this past January turned out to be very telling. Unless something drastic changes (I.e. Cristobal leaving Bama), I don't see him going anywhere but UAT.

Good job. I totally agree. He is BAMAs to lose. I would be completely shocked if he signed with us.

At least keep it football related guys... Butterfinger

Well it was if it ended at Zero given that's what most around here think of our chances with Payne.

Well it was if it ended at Zero given that's what most around here think of our chances with Payne.

If ever there was a zero chance for anyone, the feeling I have is Payne is it.

If ever there was a zero chance for anyone, the feeling I have is Payne is it.

Zero%20Bar.jpg

If the chances are zero, how did we get to 50 pages? Or is this the "hope springs eternal" zone?

If the chances are zero, how did we get to 50 pages? Or is this the "hope springs eternal" zone?

Is it 50/50 that our chances are zero?

They are better than 0%. Not sure where it falls, but IYAM now, I would say 40/60. AU being 40 of course, and Bama 60. I think it has moved our way since the season started. How much? :dunno: That's the question. But I don't believe we are spending a ton of resources either way ATP. If he and Trent want to stay connected, we would be crazy not to let them. Look at all the 2016 DL getting their foot in the door, and I bet you one of these 2015 kids comes to us late. Johnson is going to be a player, as will Swain. They are big athletic kids that we have committed, or on the hook to. I see no harm in letting those guys see with their own eyes what they are passing up on.

Sorry I chose to try and be clever with my "ZERO" comment. I felt it was appropriate considering the mood and expectations of Payne's recruitment. I know there is always a chance, even if it may be minuscule. On another note, happy post #420 to me!! This post should have been more mellow. I just figured with the candy bar naming game going on, that I would just throw down the Ace of spades. Game over.

Many Bama tangent topics as is the norm with any recruit with Bama ahead.

Archived