2015 4* RB Eric Swinney (Ole Miss signee)

ellitor

I too feel Swinney is a little better RB prospect than Kerryon but we also need to recruit Alabama kids, so I do think Gus made the right call. My opinion is Swinney is a take and will be a take on NSD, just not right now. We don't want to do anything that could be used as a negative tool in Jovon recruitment. Can't blame ES for committing to Ole Miss if that be the case. And I don't think Swinney is the type of kid to flip. I'm just not a fan of this "flip" culture anyway. Too Old School I guess.

Swinney will not affect Jovon. Jovon is a day 1 starter right of the bat and he knows it.

Jovon may know it but the kids who are currently on the roster and who will be here next year may have something to say about whether he will be a day one starter.

They will but as long as Jovon comes in and works the job will be his to lose.

I can't believe I am disagreeing with you ellitor but guys like Roc and Peyton who will have had a year of SEC ball under their belt, who already know our system, and who are super talented to begin with will be hard to beat. I am not knocking your opinion and I am sure not knocking Jovon I just think that Peyton and Roc will have a solid chance of proving you wrong. The good news is that the coaches will have to choose a starter from some great candidates so Auburn will win either way.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JR has to be convinced (in his own mind at least) that he will be the starter from Day 1 or he won't go to that school. For some reason I think he may see himself as a possible one and done a la Duke and Rudi.

I too feel Swinney is a little better RB prospect than Kerryon but we also need to recruit Alabama kids, so I do think Gus made the right call. My opinion is Swinney is a take and will be a take on NSD, just not right now. We don't want to do anything that could be used as a negative tool in Jovon recruitment. Can't blame ES for committing to Ole Miss if that be the case. And I don't think Swinney is the type of kid to flip. I'm just not a fan of this "flip" culture anyway. Too Old School I guess.

Swinney will not affect Jovon. Jovon is a day 1 starter right of the bat and he knows it.

Jovon may know it but the kids who are currently on the roster and who will be here next year may have something to say about whether he will be a day one starter.

I can't believe I am disagreeing with you ellitor but guys like Roc and Peyton who will have had a year of SEC ball under their belt, who already know our system, and who are super talented to begin with will be hard to beat. I am not knocking your opinion and I am sure not knocking Jovon I just think that Peyton and Roc will have a solid chance of proving you wrong. The good news is that the coaches will have to choose a starter from some great candidates so Auburn will win either way.

Jovon is that damn good.

Jovon is that damn good.

I highly recommend to anyone that has not seen film on Jovon to watch his freshman JC highlights. JMO but Jovon is ready to start in the NFL today.

They will get their touches. We will have a 3 headed monster at RB in 2015 but as talented as Roc and Barber are they are not as talented as Jovon. He's a complete back. They're not. I think Barber has the best shot of beating out Jovon but he will have to get pass pro down to have a real shot at it. Also with Jovon being a 1 and done guy and Gus knowing it Gus will make sure to get Jovon the most touches. You may disagree with my opinion on Jovon being the starter from Day 1 but FWIW it is shared by someone respected a lot more on here than me and knows a lot more about AU football and evaluating talent than a lot of us...Jonesy.

They will get their touches. We will have a 3 headed monster at RB in 2015 but as talented as Roc and Barber are they are not as talented as Jovon. He's a complete back. They're not. I think Barber has the best shot of beating out Jovon but he will have to get pass pro down to have a real shot at it. Also with Jovon being a 1 and done guy and Gus knowing it Gus will make sure to get Jovon the most touches. You may disagree with my opinion on Jovon being the starter from Day 1 but FWIW it is shared by someone respected a lot more on here than me and knows a lot more about football than a lot of us...Jonesy.

The man, the myth, the legend...Jonesy

if he comes to AU, I don't see Ford moving back to the offense. IMO

He's not moving to offense anyway. He's had an excellent Spring and, if he continues progressing as rapidly as he is, has positioned himself to be the starter at FS in 2015 after JW graduates.

He's not moving to offense anyway. He's had an excellent Spring and, if he continues progressing as rapidly as he is, has positioned himself to be the starter at FS in 2015 after JW graduates.

I hope Ford sees the field. After watching him run the ball a few times last year, I am convinced Ford has SEC starter talent. On offense, I think Truitt also helps to make Ford's move to defense a permanent one.

I am hoping that Reed sees a good amount of PT this year on defense. He was impressive in our Spring Game. I would like for his career to end on a positive note. Reed seems like a team guy and a good AU man.

I hope Ford sees the field. After watching him run the ball a few times last year, I am convinced Ford has SEC starter talent. On offense, I think Truitt also helps to make Ford's move to defense a permanent one.

I am hoping that Reed sees a good amount of PT this year on defense. He was impressive in our Spring Game. I would like for his career to end on a positive note. Reed seems like a team guy and a good AU man.

Reed will eventually start at some point in the season at corner! He is that good on D

I am happy for Eric if he goes to Ole Miss, he is a great kid and an excellent RB. I personally wanted him at RB over KJ. But he is not as versatile as KJ, and I understand taking him over Eric. It was the right call, I just hope he has an off day when we go against him!!

I need to fix something, I have followed Swinney for three years, very carefully. I was watching the game against Vonn Bell and was sold on him then. Plus he is a GA kid and that had something to do with it. But in no way is he better than KJ. I just wanted him more. So either way, it was the right move by the coaches. I just wanted to make sure I qualify MY statement. :cheers:

Keep Calm and Kerryon!

I am happy for Eric if he goes to Ole Miss, he is a great kid and an excellent RB. I personally wanted him at RB over KJ. But he is not as versatile as KJ, and I understand taking him over Eric. It was the right call, I just hope he has an off day when we go against him!!

I need to fix something, I have followed Swinney for three years, very carefully. I was watching the game against Vonn Bell and was sold on him then. Plus he is a GA kid and that had something to do with it. But in no way is he better than KJ. I just wanted him more. So either way, it was the right move by the coaches. I just wanted to make sure I qualify MY statement. :cheers:

Keep Calm and Kerryon!

Dully noted. I on the other hand feel Eric is better than KJ...AT RB.

As I said on another thread though, I trust the coaches and will walk the company line and am very happy we have KJ.

E, I wasn't addressing you. I was simply clarifying MY post since I felt I did a bad job with my OP.

E, I wasn't addressing you. I was simply clarifying MY post since I felt I did a bad job with my OP.

I know good buddy. I was not specifically addressing you either. I was just saying it's ok to be different. It's all good.

So there's not even the slimmest chance that Swinney comes to AU?

Very slim at this point.

So there's not even the slimmest chance that Swinney comes to AU?

Very slim at this point.

Any idea what the sudden change was?

I know good buddy. I was not specifically addressing you either. I was just saying it's ok to be different. It's all good.

I like them both, Kerryon and Swinney, not you guys, Dixie and E. They both have talent and I am not sure Dixie and E have any talents. TeeHee

I like them both, Kerryon and Swinney, not you guys, Dixie and E. They both have talent and I am not sure Dixie and E have any talents. TeeHee

:'(

tumblr_lzsdppqDc61qgvo6fo1_r1_400.jpg

:beer2:

Well in all honesty, it is all my fault. Sometimes I neglect to handicap myself against my own genius. Don't blame E...

This time.

FWIW a free nugget on Swinney LINK

Just spoke with Sandy Creek RB Eric Swinney here at the State Track meet (he is running second leg of the 4x100.) He says that Auburn is still recruiting him hard but the staff is also saying that they will take two running backs. Says he spoke to Auburn last night and will do so again today.

When asked if he knows whether or not he can commit to Auburn right now Swinney just shrugged his shoulders and said "Don't know. Gotta figure that out."

FWIW a free nugget on Swinney LINK

Just spoke with Sandy Creek RB Eric Swinney here at the State Track meet (he is running second leg of the 4x100.) He says that Auburn is still recruiting him hard but the staff is also saying that they will take two running backs. Says he spoke to Auburn last night and will do so again today.

When asked if he knows whether or not he can commit to Auburn right now Swinney just shrugged his shoulders and said "Don't know. Gotta figure that out."

This makes me wonder. What if Gus tells him that he can commit but needs to know that Jovon could potentially commit as well?

Archived