2015 4* RB Eric Swinney (Ole Miss signee)

ellitor

So with Auburn offering J. Robinson...does this change things?

If you're asking if Swinney is a take if we get KJ and Jovon the answer is likely no.

E, you have to change your stamp. I enjoy your posts a lot, but having to look at Saban on your posts may just kill me. If I post from my iPhone or a small tablet, I cannot read the surely negative comment that comes with the Saban photo, but I see Saban clearly.

It says "2015 rules change proposal...A defensive team can not return a missed field goal if it's short."

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So with Auburn offering J. Robinson...does this change things?

If you're asking if Swinney is a take if we get KJ and Jovon the answer is likely no.

E, you have to change your stamp. I enjoy your posts a lot, but having to look at Saban on your posts may just kill me. If I post from my iPhone or a small tablet, I cannot read the surely negative comment that comes with the Saban photo, but I see Saban clearly.

It says "2015 rules change proposal...A defensive team can not return a missed field goal if it's short."

E, thanks for changing your stamp. I like looking at Pearl much more so than Saban.

I wonder if this visit has anything to do with KJ. It kind of reads like we know KJ is committing but want to assure ES he is still wanted and we want 2 backs.

I wonder if this visit has anything to do with KJ.

No. The staff ix expecting to take 2 but can always change their minds and take 3 if they see fit. Either way they have to cover all their bases. Just cuz things look good with KJ and Jovon does not mean they will pick AU.

No. The staff ix expecting to take 2 but can always change their minds and take 3 if they see fit. Either way they have to cover all their bases. Jus cuz things look good with HJ and Jovon does not mean they will pick AU.

Especially if one of those guys could be as good or better at safety.

I wonder if this visit has anything to do with KJ. It kind of reads like we know KJ is committing but want to assure ES he is still wanted and we want 2 backs.

Dont forget about Jovon Robinson. We think we lead for him too.

No. The staff ix expecting to take 2 but can always change their minds and take 3 if they see fit. Either way they have to cover all their bases. Jus cuz things look good with HJ and Jovon does not mean they will pick AU.

Especially if one of those guys could be as good or better at safety.

I may be wrong but I see Swinney with all his speed in the Grant position.

I'm not really factoring Jovon, as he shouldn't effect this years recruits. He will be coming in a true junior with a decent chance if playing 1 year and going pro. His commitment shouldn't derail HS seniors decision.

I'm not really factoring Jovon, as he shouldn't effect this years recruits. He will be coming in a true junior with a decent chance if playing 1 year and going pro. His commitment shouldn't derail HS seniors decision.

The staff will count Jovon as a RB commit. Right now they are planning on just taking 2 RBs. Jovon and Kerryon would be the 2 takes if Jovon was to commit.

I personally really like Swinney and would hope the staff might add him as well if he wanted to commit. To me, Swinney is more of a speed back than Jovon or Kerryon. We will have to see how the staff handles this.

As late as January the staff was not sure they would even take more than 1 in this class so don't expect them to take 3. As JFD just said, the staff would count Jovon as 2.

All these guys are stout ball carriers out of the backfield but the additional thing Jovon brings to the table is how very, very good he is at catching the ball too.

All these guys are stout ball carriers out of the backfield but the additional thing Jovon brings to the table is how very, very good he is at catching the ball too.

You gotta mention KJ there too. He plays quite a bit at WR.

As late as January the staff was not sure they would even take more than 1 in this class so don't expect them to take 3. As JFD just said, the staff would count Jovon as 2.

With Jovon being a Junior in '15 and the unknown of Pettway qualifying, there is a very good possibility that AU takes 3 RBs if one of those is Jovon and 2 are Freshmen.

With Jovon being a Junior in '15 and the unknown of Pettway qualifying, there is a very good possibility that AU takes 3 RBs if one of those is Jovon and 2 are Freshmen.

slim chance.

Since when has Pettway not been able to qualify? Is that why there hasn't been mention of him lately?

Since when has Pettway not been able to qualify? Is that why there hasn't been mention of him lately?

There's not been mention of many if any 2014 signees lately. He has always been a qualifying risk.

There's not been mention of many if any 2014 signees lately. He has always been a qualifying risk.

Thanks for the info E!

slim chance.

nope

slim chance.

nope

I am hearing all three are takes if they committed. Coaches will utilize the best talent they can get on campus and adapt around talent.

slim chance.

nope

I am hearing all three are takes if they committed. Coaches will utilize the best talent they can get on campus and adapt around talent.

yep

slim chance.

nope

So if we can get three, we are taking them. :)

slim chance.

nope

yep

Things may change but at last report AU only plans on taking 2 RBs in this class, Jovon included, FWIW. Based on report MO is Pettway will have to not qualify or Horton put up a heck of a persuasive argument to Gus to get him to change his mind and take Swinney if KJ and Jovon are in the fold. I want a 3rd RB but it just does not look like it will happen at this point.

slim chance.

nope

yep

Things may change but at last report AU only plans on taking 2 RBs in this class, Jovon included, FWIW. Based on report MO is Pettway will have to not qualify or Horton put up a heck of a persuasive argument to Gus to get him to change his mind and take Swinney if KJ and Jovon are in the fold. I want a 3rd RB but it just does not look like it will happen at this point.

nope

Archived