2015 4* RB Eric Swinney (Ole Miss signee)

ellitor

FWIW a free nugget on Swinney LINK

Just spoke with Sandy Creek RB Eric Swinney here at the State Track meet (he is running second leg of the 4x100.) He says that Auburn is still recruiting him hard but the staff is also saying that they will take two running backs. Says he spoke to Auburn last night and will do so again today.

When asked if he knows whether or not he can commit to Auburn right now Swinney just shrugged his shoulders and said "Don't know. Gotta figure that out."

This makes me wonder. What if Gus tells him that he can commit but needs to know that Jovon could potentially commit as well?

I like Swinney, but we are being spoiled rotten at RB. Is there any chance that we try KJ at safety if we snag Swinney and Jovon?

I like having this problem, we have our pick of the best RBs in the country!

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any chance that we try KJ at safety if we snag Swinney and Jovon?

Indications are if we try KJ at safety it will be after he comes and is not in the rotation at RB. KJ wants to be a RB and that is what we are strictly recruiting him as at this point.

Is there any chance that we try KJ at safety if we snag Swinney and Jovon?

Indications are if we try KJ at safety it will be after he comes and is not in the rotation at RB. KJ wants to be a RB and that is what we are strictly recruiting him as at this point.

Got it. Thanks E.

FWIW a free nugget on Swinney LINK

Just spoke with Sandy Creek RB Eric Swinney here at the State Track meet (he is running second leg of the 4x100.) He says that Auburn is still recruiting him hard but the staff is also saying that they will take two running backs. Says he spoke to Auburn last night and will do so again today.

When asked if he knows whether or not he can commit to Auburn right now Swinney just shrugged his shoulders and said "Don't know. Gotta figure that out."

This makes me wonder. What if Gus tells him that he can commit but needs to know that Jovon could potentially commit as well?

I like Swinney, but we are being spoiled rotten at RB. Is there any chance that we try KJ at safety if we snag Swinney and Jovon?

As we should.

Swinney doesnt kniw if he can even commit to us yet he is set to commit on the 16th. Imo that means you can count us out

Swinney doesnt kniw if he can even commit to us yet he is set to commit on the 16th. Imo that means you can count us out

Don't you know logical reasoning is not allowed on a college football message board.

Don't you know logical reasoning is not allowed on a college football message board.

Woops! My bad. Lol

Swinney will be a good pickup for Ole Miss. Great back. Ole Miss recruiting has been slow to this point, this may help them pick things up.

Swinney had some very, very nice things to say about AU after he committed to Ole Miss. This is from AL.com

"The number two school was Auburn," Swinney told 247Sports. "It was very difficult. Auburn has a nice coaching staff. That offense is beautiful. They run the ball at least 60 times a game. It was hard to deny that.

JMHO, but I think Swinney wold have come to AU if Jovon had not committed to us. We can't get all the recruits! I wish him luck. He is a great back. I would not trade Jovon for him though. I would like Jovon to stay 2 years though. I can wish. Also, it looks as though great 2016 RB's are lining up for a chance to play at AU.

DO not forget, ROC is a 5 star kid and his HS film was off the charts. We are in great shape at RB,

JMHO, but I think Swinney wold have come to AU if Jovon had not committed to us.

The timing of his announcement certainly lends credibility to that.

Archived