2014 4* QB Sean White commits to AU!

ellitor

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I like the highlight video but that's only part of the story. Kid does seem accurate and I like how he runs toward the LOS with his eyes downfield.

I hope he's AU next great White QB! Wait, that doesn't sound right...

What a great "potential" transition we have going now. I also think that Sean was the best transition between JJ and TQ.

Now NM, KF, JW

---- to ----

Class of '13 Jeremy Johnson

Class of '14 Sean White

Class of '15 Tyler Queen

One thing is for sure. Gus won't let the QB situation get as bad as other coaches have in the past. War Eagle to that!

What a great "potential" transition we have going now. I also think that Sean was the best transition between JJ and TQ.

Now NM, KF, JW

---- to ----

Class of '14 Sean White

Class of '15 Tyler Queen

I sure hope so. I'm tired of having off season discussions on who will be our starting QB.

OK.... E......

How does the help with recruiting for the 2014 class now that we have SW as QB?

No clue. I am not sure what recruits he is in with. He did have great chemistry with elite WR Malachi Dupre at The Opening. Dupre is a top AU target.

Now NM, KF, JW

---- to ----

Class of '14 Sean White

Class of '15 Tyler Queen

I sure hope so. I'm tired of having off season discussions on who will be our starting QB.

I hear you Brother.

There are plenty of talented and highly rated QBs that aren't able to take it to the next level in college. Great quarterbacks have intangibles including an ability to lead and a desire to win. I think Sean White has impressed so many people and with his intelligence may just be a prize recruit. Very excited!

E, 247 has him as a 4*, but the composite only has him as a 3*. Do you see his rating going up as we get closer to NSD?

He'll probably get a bump on Rivals as well based on his Elite 11 performance, they just haven't updated yet. I believe E said those come in August...

E, 247 has him as a 4*, but the composite only has him as a 3*. Do you see his rating going up as we get closer to NSD?

The only reason Sean is still a 3* on the composite is because Scout has him 59th at QB. They have not made their updates since The Opening. If they follow what they did with Lawson last year it could be a long time before Scout moves Sean White up.

The only reason Sean is still a 3* on the composite is because Scout has him 59th at QB. They have not made their updates since The Opening. If they follow what they did with Lawson last year it could be a long time before Scout moves Sean White up.

Lolz, they should just kick Scout out of the composite. Was I completely off on my Rivals comment?

Let's not get caught up in stars beside this kid's name. He obviously impressed Gus and Rhett with his throwing, and all the reports on this kid are positive, so I am stoked that he will be in O&B!!! War Eagle, Sean.

Also, the quick committment shows that he is excited about joining the Auburn Family, so that means a lot to me. No playing games, no announcement ceremony, no shenanigans.

That's kinda what I figured. Thank you once again.

Let's not get caught up in stars beside this kid's name. He obviously impressed Gus and Rhett with his throwing, and all the reports on this kid are positive, so I am stoked that he will be in O&B!!! War Eagle, Sean.

Also, the quick committment shows that he is excited about joining the Auburn Family, so that means a lot to me. No playing games, no announcement ceremony, no shenanigans.

I agree. I wasn't so much caught up in the rating, I was just surprised that some scouting firms had him ranked so low.

I also agree that the interest is very encouraging. He seems like the type to commit, close his recruitment, and then start working toward building a class around him (similar to TQ). I like that.

One thing is for sure. Gus won't let the QB situation get as bad as other coaches have in the past. War Eagle to that!

JMO but our current QB situation belongs to Gus....but sure does look like he is rebounding from his recruiting problems in 2009 - 2011. He has definitely stacked the deck for the next 6 years if everyone rises to their potential.

Lolz, they should just kick Scout out of the composite. Was I completely off on my Rivals comment?

Not really. He is 22 on Rivals. A bump from Scout into the top 30 would have a greater impact on his composite though because even there are stars placed with composite numbers those numbers come strictly from a player's position and overall ranking in each of the 4 sites.

JMO but our current QB situation belongs to Gus....but sure does look like he is rebounding from his recruiting problems in 2009 - 2011. He has definitely stacked the deck for the next 6 years if everyone rises to their potential.

Very true, but he was only a coordinator. As a head coach, he has addressed many depth issues without even playing a game. That alone makes the future exciting!

No mo drama, save it for yo momma! Seriously, he seems pretty solid based on the comments. WDE!

Gus is 1 and 1 in QB he wanted. KF and Cam. The rest are on Chiz for forcing his agenda including not letting Gus have Russell Wilson.

Archived