2014 4* QB Sean White commits to AU!

ellitor

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may have already been discussed (I didn't read all 38 pages), but does this kid remind anyone else of Aaron Murray?

He actually looks like a young Steve Spurrier to me (for those of us who can remember when Spurrier was at Florida). Looks like he could be the son of Ole Ball Coach. As far as modern day comparison I would agree Murray would be the closest.

I know this sounds "sun shiney" but this guy is the QB I wanted. I've felt that way since his Elite 11 performance.

Same here. Not his thread so I won't espouse on BH. Check his thread, I received juicy info last week on him.-+

Did not see juicy info there from you.

One day these recruits (BH),will learn Gus does not have time to play games! So glad about gus as our head coach, word will get around that AU is all about family business! So I hope recruits will see that soon. Welcome home, Mr. White!!

For those wondering The Elite 11 airs next month on August 16th. We can all swoon over our new QB. Also just noticed he threw 40 tds and only 6 picks last year. For a high school play that is incredible!

If our O line can give Mr. White a couple seconds to throw, he will pick people apart. Gus + Sean could be really fun to watch. War Eagle, Sean!

I'm really happy the way things turned out. It doesn't seem like our flirtation with BH turned SW off to us.

Our QB did great at the Elite 11, but our rivals have to be concerned about how their QB did.

If our O line can give Mr. White a couple seconds to throw, he will pick people apart. Gus + Sean could be really fun to watch. War Eagle, Sean!

I think Mr. White may pick them apart regardless... according to the article that E posted earlier:

"I think people underestimate my arm strength," White said. "I can throw the ball like 75 yards in the air. I'd say my accuracy and the ability to keep plays alive in the pocket is good. I'm also good at, not necessarily running, but just keeping plays alive and extending plays and looking downfield and making good throws on the run."

WDE Sean! Let the haters be your motivators!

War Eagle Sean! Watching this guys Jr. Hightlights on youtube and the guy has the ability to follow the play through to the end and he has great touch. I am just wondering why he was ranked so low by recruiting sites? He beat 5* recruits at the elite 11 contest. I mean his jr stats are pretty good and his play making ability are good I am just guessing he didn't get scouted much before the elite 11??? Also do you think he will get a bump in rankings on scout and rivals?

Welcome to the Auburn Family, Sean.

Indeed, welcome to the Auburn Family Mr. White! WDE!!!!

Good to see he has his act together in the classroom as well as on the field. Can't wait for the fruits of your recruiting contributions Sean.

This may have already been discussed (I didn't read all 38 pages), but does this kid remind anyone else of Aaron Murray?

I see what you mean as far as accuracy, mechanics, and stature. I don't think he's as mobile as Murray. Remember Murray relied on his legs a lot (out of necessity) his first year.

For those wondering The Elite 11 airs next month on August 16th. We can all swoon over our new QB. Also just noticed he threw 40 tds and only 6 picks last year. For a high school play that is incredible!

Where'd you find that date? I'd like to tune in, thought I had already missed it.

Where'd you find that date? I'd like to tune in, thought I had already missed it.

The Elite 11 part of The Opening was never aired. It is being aired for first time in August as a ducumentary. Possibly the best part is seeing all the Bama fans wine about Dilfer chewing out Cornwell multiple times when they see it.

The Elite 11 part of The Opening was never aired. It is being aired for first time in August as a ducumentary. Possibly the best part is seeing all the Bama fans wine about Dilfer chewing out Cornwell multiple times when they see it.

Yup thought I missed it. Thanks! :dance:

I am just wondering why he was ranked so low by recruiting sites? He beat 5* recruits at the elite 11 contest. I mean his jr stats are pretty good and his play making ability are good I am just guessing he didn't get scouted much before the elite 11??? Also do you think he will get a bump in rankings on scout and rivals?

ESPN had him rated since they brought out their first top 300. The rest of the Services did not know who Sean was til he was MVP of The Miami Region IMG national Select Tourney in May. After that Sean has torn it up in 2 other camps including at The Opening. He will get a 4* bump on Rivals in August. Scout may be a different story. It took them forever to give Carl any props last year and when they did it still was not enough. He finished as a 4* and #7 DE.

What was he chewing him out for?

He chewed them all out for poor play at times but especially focused on Cornwell.

War Eagle Mr. White! I'll take a good passing QB over a running QB anyday,there are not many Cam Newton's out here..Let the backs run the ball we need a QB that can pass.IGTBAAT

E have you found out yet if White will be an EE. If so next spring could be very interesting with NM being pushed by JJ and SW.

I am just wondering why he was ranked so low by recruiting sites? He beat 5* recruits at the elite 11 contest. I mean his jr stats are pretty good and his play making ability are good I am just guessing he didn't get scouted much before the elite 11??? Also do you think he will get a bump in rankings on scout and rivals?

ESPN had him rated since they brought out their first top 300. The rest of the Services did not know who Sean was til he was MVP of The Miami Region IMG national Select Tourney in May. After that Sean has torn it up in 2 other camps including at The Opening. He will get a 4* bump on Rivals in August. Scout may be a different story. It took them forever to give Carl any props last year and when they did it still was not enough. He finished as a 4* and #7 DE.

I don't put much stock in Scout anyways. They have two strikes against them. First it's by Foxsports and second its hosted by Microsoft..blahh

E have you found out yet if White will be an EE. If so next spring could be very interesting with NM being pushed by JJ and SW.

He has not decided yet.

He chewed them all out for poor play at times but especially focused on Cornwell.

Cornwell apparently did nothing during the camp. Finished as one of the worst there from what I have read. It was Shawn White and the dude going to Texas A&M that were the stars of the show. And that includes D Watson.

Obviously a class kid anf looking at his GPA he will learn Gus' playbook quickly and give Gus plenty of options to add things in. Congrats to White and his family.

War Eagle !

Archived