2014 4* QB Sean White commits to AU!

ellitor

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. So he wouldn't necessarily commit if we offered? And we could get left out in the cold by both? Tat makes this a lot more interesting.

Even if White committed to us ND would be tough to hold off for White.

I'm sure the coaches will let him know in a few days.... on July 18th.

Wow. So he wouldn't necessarily commit if we offered? And we could get left out in the cold by both? Tat makes this a lot more interesting.

Even if White committed to us ND would be tough to hold off for White.

With Golston saying he plans to return to ND next year, maybe ND will not be going after White.

I'm sure the coaches will let him know in a few days.... on July 18th.

Yes, I'm sure there's not much to think about on their part as far as if he's deserving of an offer. Seems to be, at least from the outside, to be a clear case of "See what our other guy" is gonna do.

With Golston saying he plans to return to ND next year, maybe ND will not be going after White.

I imagine ND is like everybody else, they'd like to recruit one quality QB every year no matter who is coming or going. Whether White is their guy this year or not is something we can't know at this point.

I imagine ND is like everybody else, they'd like to recruit one quality QB every year no matter who is coming or going. Whether White is their guy this year or not is something we can't know at this point.

They have 4* Kizer committed. The question is if they take 2 QBs.

Gus must be very, very, very high on BH and feels that he has a great shot at getting him on the 18th; otherwise, I believe he would have offered SW during his unofficial.

Spurrier, SEC, an open QB spot for this class = South Carolina is the biggest threat to AU for White's services. They'll be calling soon if they haven't already. My opinion atleast.

Spurrier, SEC, an open QB spot for this class = South Carolina is the biggest threat to AU for White's services. They'll be calling soon if they haven't already. My opinion atleast.

Not yet. They have not shown serious interest as of yet and Harris grew up a HUGE ND fan.

Not yet. They have not shown serious interest as of yet and Harris grew up a HUGE ND fan.

This guy looks like a dream for Spurrier: gunslinger QB. Although he does seem to have faith in Dylan Thompson for the future after Shaw is gone. Spurrier has done a pretty good job of adjusting his gameplan to a run-first scheme based on his personnel. That said, I can't see he lets SW walk away without an offer to come to Columbia next year.

I wonder how Sean like his visit to the Plains.

He was very pleased with the visit. Spoke highly of the facilities, staff, and the people. Was very impressed with Gus and Lashlee and impressed with the offense they plan to run. As usual, spoke highly of the AU community and mentioned family, close knit, etc...

Will White wait until the 18th?

Yes. He does not have any offers that he wants right now.

e why not offer white.we need all the compution at that position imo.lets get it done. and white seems like he really want to be here and would pull the trigger asap :wareagle: :-\ :wareagle: :wareagle:

e why not offer white.we need all the compution at that position imo.lets get it done. and white seems like he really want to be here and would pull the trigger asap :wareagle: :-\ :wareagle: :wareagle:

Because that would look very bad to Brandon Harris. One of the things he has really liked is the way the staff has recruited him in showing him he is the staff's #1 choice. If we were to offer White before Harris decides then that would look very bad to Harris and may take it as we lied to him. Plus I have been told via KK the staff likes its chances with Harris now and if true you don't do anything to screw that up. Also there is no rush to offer White since he does not have any real offers he wants.

I'm just going to expect an answer on SW after the 18th. If we get Harris, White goes elsewhere. If not, we offer White. Seems like the obvious plan to me....

Because that would look very bad to Brandon Harris. One of the things he has really liked is the way the staff has recruited him in showing him he is the staff's #1 choice. If we were to offer White before Harris decides then that would look very bad to Harris and may take it as we lied to him. Plus I have been told via KK the staff likes its chances with Harris now and if true you don't do anything to screw that up. Also there is no rush to offer White since he does not have any real offers he wants.

Wow. You are saying that this Harris kid would view Auburn's coaches as liars merely for offering a scholarship to another QB. Sorry, but your suggestion that this would justify not offering the other kid is simply absurd. You should take a step back and think about what you are saying. I would hope that Malzahn and company would make their recruiting decisions based on whether a kid is deserving of a scholarship offer in his own right.

Wow. You are saying that this Harris kid would view Auburn's coaches as liars merely for offering a scholarship to another QB. Sorry, but your suggestion that this would justify not offering the other kid is simply absurd. You should take a step back and think about what you are saying. I would hope that Malzahn and company would make their recruiting decisions based on whether a kid is deserving of a scholarship offer in his own right.

I'm with e on this one. You do not offer White or anyone else until next week when Harris decides on the 18th. Everyone is totally sold on White being the next great QB, but that's based on one week of exibitions. If he were that good he would have already been rated as high or higher than the other QB's we have been recruiting for over a year. He clearly wants a Notre Dame offer and if he gets one he is gone. Harris on the other hand says after his decision is made he is done with recruiting. We'll know after the 18th what our next move is.

I understand what you are saying. Also, first choice and only choice are not mutually exclusive. He is looking at other schools and is not committed. Why can't we offer other QBs?

Just like always you blow the reality of a post WAAAAAAAAAY out of proportion. I did not say Harris would view it as lying. I said MAY. Big difference there which is why I chose my words wisely. At the very least it could be extremely alarming to BH if we offered White before BH makes a decision. QB recruiting is a very delicate thing and you always handle your top uncommitted guy very cautiously. And White is desrving of the offer but in QB recruiting you do not offer #2 while you are waiting on your #1.

Archived