2014 4* QB Sean White commits to AU!

ellitor

I think our largest problem in committing White will be that it's public knowledge he wasn't our first choice. Nobody wants to be plan B.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think our largest problem in committing White will be that it's public knowledge he wasn't our first choice. Nobody wants to be plan B.

It wouldn't bother me. A great plan B makes you forget plan A.

If our coaches had known about SW much sooner there may have been two No. 1s or mybe 1a and 1b. First one to commit would get the schollie. Anyway hopefully SW will understand that our staff stands by their promises even if recruits do not.

The fact SW has no major offers proves he was no quality team's first choice. I doubt he will hold that to any quality teams that offer.

Not having heard or seen Sean White talk at length about his undying love for Notre Dame, I'll stick with the idea that if Spurrier gets into the act in a big way he will be tough competition for us. In Danny Wuerffel Spurrier has already produced one Heisman-winning QB and DW didn't appear to have as much raw ability as does White.

Danny could just throw a 30 yard fade, into a trash can, 14 out of 15 times.....and the dude had serious heart.

I'm not buying all the his feelings might be hurt from the "your our plan b" deal much as most. Just trust in what the coaches are doing. We do know they talked to him, have watched him throw, and had him come down THE SAME DAY as the commit he is second to, or plan b to.

And to that point with TQ'15(you like that don't cha?) being committed with all that he has going for him, the coaches have a QB to work closely with through his father being the coach. What Gus missed with KF so far can be revived through TQ as far as laying out a plan for him and he being the leader of the '15 class. Back to SW. He knows what he knows and all the coaches told him is what he knows about Auburn.

A) if Gus wants SW there is probably a plan in place and may respectively be hush hush as we speak oooorrrrrrr

B)/> Gus and RL may not be head over hills for SW as some of us are and they feel they can afford to "slow play"

C) May know more than we do about BH and his recruitment.

or D) May know more about DW's situation and feel they can "slow play"

Tyler Queen for president lol

Wouldn't he be plan ''c''. Watson,Harris,White :dunno:/>

Watson is a Clemson commit for now. BH is BH. Sean White is a fresh prospect that has thrown for our coaches in the last week.

Wouldn't he be plan ''c''. Watson,Harris,White :dunno:/>

Watson is a Clemson commit for now. BH is BH. Sean White is a fresh prospect that has thrown for our coaches in the last week.

Assuming Harris goes to LSU as insiders are saying now White would be the plan c I was referring to. I'm aware of who they are.lol

Not having heard or seen Sean White talk at length about his undying love for Notre Dame, I'll stick with the idea that if Spurrier gets into the act in a big way he will be tough competition for us. In Danny Wuerffel Spurrier has already produced one Heisman-winning QB and DW didn't appear to have as much raw ability as does White.

maybe he can tell him about all the times he benched Danny lol

maybe he can tell him about all the times he benched Danny lol

Or every QB in general who has ever touched a football in his system. Ask Shaw, Thompson, or Garcia about Spurrier's temperamental nature with QBs haha

Danny could just throw a 30 yard fade, into a trash can, 14 out of 15 times.....and the dude had serious heart.

Apparently so can White. You emphasize my point. Working with a similar QB, Spurrier produced a Heisman winner. That gives him a big selling point.

Apparently so can White. You emphasize my point. Working with a similar QB, Spurrier produced a Heisman winner. That gives him a big selling point.

I get your point about the Heisman Mikey, but Gus has the edge in that White can actually hold Cam's Heisman whereas Spurrier can only live in the past. :homer::big:;)

Hahaha talk about moving quickly! Gus isn't even waiting on BH's announcement before getting SW's commit :) I'm excited that things played out the way they did, really happy with White as our future QB.

Hahaha talk about moving quickly! Gus isn't even waiting on BH's announcement before getting SW's commit :) I'm excited that things played out the way they did, really happy with White as our future QB.

The staff has been told BH picked LSU.

Another reason I like Gus, he does not wait around to make decisions.

Very glad to have White, things worked out for the best.

The staff has been told BH picked LSU.

Oh I know. I just think it's funny to not even wait for it to go public. The announcement gives it more of an official feeling, though it's not really official until the LOT is signed. They aren't waiting around just in case, they are moving on right now.

Archived