2014 4* QB Sean White commits to AU!

ellitor

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Sean have any WR on his hs team we would be interested in?

Not really. The best players on his HS team are DB Quincy Wilson and LB Richard Yeargin III. What you want to look at is the WRs that were on his Opening team like Malachi Dupre.

Does Sean have any WR on his hs team we would be interested in?

Not really. The best players on his HS team are DB Quincy Wilson and LB Richard Yeargin III. What you want to look at is the WRs that were on his Opening team like Malachi Dupre.

Exactly!1 Plus now the WR's know who will be throwing to them. Based on his Opening and Elite 11 performances, he has already made some solid relationships, with Dupre being the most prominent. I can tell you that Gus and Rhett have already developed a plan for him, and that includes recruiting WR and slots for the 2014 class.

Tickled as I can be! Welcome to the Auburn Family Sean! War Eagle young man!!!!!!!! I wish you the very best of everything in the future!

Another guy to watch out for at WR is Auburn target Travis Rudolph. He likes Sean White a lot.

One thing is for sure. Gus won't let the QB situation get as bad as other coaches have in the past. War Eagle to that!

JMO but our current QB situation belongs to Gus....but sure does look like he is rebounding from his recruiting problems in 2009 - 2011. He has definitely stacked the deck for the next 6 years if everyone rises to their potential.

Gus is 1 and 1 in QB he wanted. KF and Cam. The rest are on Chiz for forcing his agenda including not letting Gus have Russell Wilson.

So you don't think Pike was Gus's boy? And seems to me that the coordinator is doing a lot of the recruiting now too. That's the OC's job. Chiz was a defensive coach and I expect he had little influence (positive or negative) on recruiting QBs. As for Wilson....maybe Chiz told Gus...KF is your guy...you need to develop him....or had Gus already given up on KF?

Another guy to watch out for at WR is Auburn target Travis Rudolph. He likes Sean White a lot.

That's great news! He was a WR that I was really hoping that we could land.

Welcome home Mr. White

SW vs. BH abilities is not the point. They both have different strenghts. All other things being about equal What I really care about is who really wants to be at AU. Obviously it's Sean.

One thing is for sure. Gus won't let the QB situation get as bad as other coaches have in the past. War Eagle to that!

JMO but our current QB situation belongs to Gus....but sure does look like he is rebounding from his recruiting problems in 2009 - 2011. He has definitely stacked the deck for the next 6 years if everyone rises to their potential.

Gus is 1 and 1 in QB he wanted. KF and Cam. The rest are on Chiz for forcing his agenda including not letting Gus have Russell Wilson.

So you don't think Pike was Gus's boy? And seems to me that the coordinator is doing a lot of the recruiting now too. That's the OC's job. Chiz was a defensive coach and I expect he had little influence (positive or negative) on recruiting QBs. As for Wilson....maybe Chiz told Gus...KF is your guy...you need to develop him....or had Gus already given up on KF?

Pike's dad was big buddies with Roof. That was a major factor in us taking him. We were one of very few schools who recruited him as a QB.

"yep he is smart, 4.3 out of 4. Super Smart. I think auburns paid too much for the grade change."

Saw a Bammer put this on Al.com and thought I'd share. I literally fell out of my chair laughing.

E; Do you think SW is the type of QB that would put up numbers that the Tulsa QB did for GUS?

E; Do you think SW is the type of QB that would put up numbers that the Tulsa QB did for GUS?

Not E...but yes...look what Todd did in one season...he has the skill set and decent enough wheels to move around.

Pike's dad was big buddies with Roof. That was a major factor in us taking him. We were one of very few schools who recruited him as a QB.

Maybe you missed this comment from a couple years ago: The 6-foot-5, mobile QB has maintained that he wants to end his recruitment before his Sr. year, and says that it will most-likely happen sometime this summer. Auburn has done a PERFECT job recruiting this possible future 5*! Pike already has offers from Auburn, ua, Arkansas, Clemson, uf, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisville, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Penn State, Purdue, Tennessee, Texas A&M, USC, Boston College, Cincinnati, Indiana, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Wisconsin... and MANY more to come! ;D

In terms of passer rating and QB efficiency better. Those QBs also threw a combined 37 INTs. In terms of TD passes per year probably not because we have a much better run game that Tulsa did so Sean will not have to put up 50 TD passes to win.

Maybe you missed this comment from a couple years ago: The 6-foot-5, mobile QB has maintained that he wants to end his recruitment before his Sr. year, and says that it will most-likely happen sometime this summer. Auburn has done a PERFECT job recruiting this possible future 5*! Pike already has offers from Auburn, ua, Arkansas, Clemson, uf, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisville, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, Penn State, Purdue, Tennessee, Texas A&M, USC, Boston College, Cincinnati, Indiana, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Wisconsin... and MANY more to come! ;D

That was before he was suspended twice his senior year.

More on Sean White. He has already taken ownership and leadership of this recruiting class. He has a great relationship with and many WRs from South Florida want to or like playing with him. He will try to make it in for Auburn's big camp this weekend to help recruit but if he can't he will definitely be in Auburn soon.

That was before he was suspended twice his senior year.

Enough debating for now guys. Let's focus on celebrating this commitment for a few days then pick up the debating.

So are we still worried that ND is going to be able to lure SW away from AU?

I'm not. From Sean, "I'm committed to Auburn, that's where I'm going to school," said White. "I know I'm blowing up and getting other offers, but Auburn is the place I want to go. It doesn't matter who else offers, Auburn is the best place in the country."

So are we still worried that ND is going to be able to lure SW away from AU?

From the way that SW has spoken, I don't think so. He has already stated that Auburn is where he will sign regardless of who else offers him.

Archived