2014 4* QB Sean White commits to AU!

ellitor

So are we still worried that ND is going to be able to lure SW away from AU?

From the way that SW has spoken, I don't think so. He has already stated that Auburn is where he will sign regardless of who else offers him.

+1

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, when do the recruiting services revisit the rankings? Everyone has him as 3*, but based on his performance at the Elite 11 that should be increasing to at least 4* status.

TBh the bummers are jealous that our QB beat theirs. One of them is even making fun of Sean's lisp. Classless

Precisely why I don't read al.com comments. No need to raise the blood pressure and feed the hate.

Hahaha talk about moving quickly! Gus isn't even waiting on BH's announcement before getting SW's commit :) I'm excited that things played out the way they did, really happy with White as our future QB.

Another reason I like Gus, he does not wait around to make decisions.

Very glad to have White, things worked out for the best.

Ugh, you can bet your bottom dollar that Gus offered SW as soon as he got word that his #1 target was going to LSU.

So, when do the recruiting services revisit the rankings? Everyone has him as 3*, but based on his performance at the Elite 11 that should be increasing to at least 4* status.

Partially wrong. ESPN has had Sean a 4* for a long time and that was before his Elite 11 explosion. 247 moved him to a 4* after the Elite 11. Rivals and Scout have him as a 3* but have not done updates since the Elite 11. Rivals will update in August.

Partially wrong. ESPN has had Sean a 4* for a long time and that was before his Elite 11 explosion. 247 moved him to a 4* after the Elite 11. Rivals and Scout have him as a 3* but have not done updates since the Elite 11. Rivals will update in August.

And Scout will update...... NEVER. They decided months ago how good these kids are and won't change the rankings until they do next year's class. JK, but seriously Scout, get your crap together. i will never forgive them for Lawson.

Gus is 1 and 1 in QB he wanted. KF and Cam. The rest are on Chiz for forcing his agenda including not letting Gus have Russell Wilson.

This is the second time in recent days I've seen this claim. Back then what we heard was that Wilson chose Wisky because of their O-line and other factors. It was said that from our part we were full speed after Wilson all the way until he chose otherwise. Was Gus recruiting Wilson and spending all that travel money and making all those phone calls behind Chizik's back? Or have the "facts" changed to suit the situation?

Unless somebody can change my mind with direct quotes from coaches, I'm still thinking we got whupped in Wilson's recruiting. Us getting whupped in recruiting does happen from time to time.

Thanks E, I actually just checked Rivals and Scout so that explains that.

Gus is 1 and 1 in QB he wanted. KF and Cam. The rest are on Chiz for forcing his agenda including not letting Gus have Russell Wilson.

This is the second time in recent days I've seen this claim. Back then what we heard was that Wilson chose Wisky because of their O-line and other factors. It was said that from our part we were full speed after Wilson all the way until he chose otherwise. Was Gus recruiting Wilson and spending all that travel money and making all those phone calls behind Chizik's back? Or have the "facts" changed to suit the situation?

Unless somebody can change my mind with direct quotes from coaches, I'm still thinking we got whupped in Wilson's recruiting. Us getting whupped in recruiting does happen from time to time.

I don't know if whupped is the correct word, however it does have something to do with us not getting Wilson. Our O-Line got whupped all season, and Wilson knew they were young and susceptible to growing pains, hence he chose Wisconsin to play behind their established O-Line. Same thing Cam was looking at when he chose Auburn. Senior-heavy O-Line that had played as a unit for multiple years. Not hard to blame them. I don't think Chiz had anything to do with Wilson not playing for Auburn.

Wecolme to AUBURN QB White. Go and break all the records of the great ones that came before you.

Putting the ND threat to bed. Great Interview to read Also it looks like he is surveying the field for coverages on videos interviews also. lol

White recently admitted that Notre Dame was his childhood favorite team and he would love to play for the Fighting Irish. So if Notre Dame offered late, would White listen to their offer? "No, sir," White said emphatically. "Auburn is the place I want to play. It's a great school. I think it's the best school in the country."

I'm not buying all the his feelings might be hurt from the "your our plan b" deal much as most. Just trust in what the coaches are doing. We do know they talked to him, have watched him throw, and had him come down THE SAME DAY as the commit he is second to, or plan b to.

And to that point with TQ'15(you like that don't cha?) being committed with all that he has going for him, the coaches have a QB to work closely with through his father being the coach. What Gus missed with KF so far can be revived through TQ as far as laying out a plan for him and he being the leader of the '15 class. Back to SW. He knows what he knows and all the coaches told him is what he knows about Auburn.

A) if Gus wants SW there is probably a plan in place and may respectively be hush hush as we speak oooorrrrrrr

B)/> Gus and RL may not be head over hills for SW as some of us are and they feel they can afford to "slow play"

C) May know more than we do about BH and his recruitment.

or D) May know more about DW's situation and feel they can "slow play"

Tyler Queen for president lol

If you chose A) you get a Fig Newton

Wow! I got busy for a while and came back to this news! Terrific! War Eagle Mr White! We are so happy to have you in the family. I really think Sean has the potential to be special. He is a great student so he will not have grade worries too. I think it has been mentioned here but I think Sean might end up being like the Boise QB, Kellen Moore. That is who he reminds me of. If he resembles Mr Moore, we will be in great shape.

Tre' Williams2⃣0⃣ ‏@Trew20

@SeanWhite_12 ayy my boy welcome to the fam!!

Deshaun Davis ‏@_Davis_Boy12

S/O to to the kid @SeanWhite_12 on joining the AU fam! Glad to have you aboard bro! Help us keep this class rolling man! #WarEagle

Sean White ‏@SeanWhite_12

Thanks to everyone who has congratulated me! Impossible to RT everyone, but I truly appreciate every single tweet! Thank you, and War Eagle!

Class Act- Great Student, Great QB, and does not play the Recruiting game. Makes up his mind and goes for it. War Eagle Sean glad to have you onboard.

I just had to rewatch his Soph and Jr highlights. His Jr year was very impressive. His line does not appear able to keep the rush away, and schools blitz him like crazy. Sean has a great way of avoidng the rush and throwing a very accurate pass.

Archived