2014 4* QB Sean White commits to AU!

ellitor

I understand what you are saying. Also, first choice and only choice are not mutually exclusive. He is looking at other schools and is not committed. Why can't we offer other QBs?

QB recruiting is a very delicate thing and you always handle your top uncommitted guy very cautiously. And White is deserving of the offer but in QB recruiting you do not offer #2 while you are waiting on your #1.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think about it like this- if you ask a girl on a date, and she says "let me get back to you", you don't go ask another girl on a date for the same night before the first girl makes a decision. Same principle applies here IMO.

With Golston saying he plans to return to ND next year, maybe ND will not be going after White.

I imagine ND is like everybody else, they'd like to recruit one quality QB every year no matter who is coming or going. Whether White is their guy this year or not is something we can't know at this point.

They have 4* Kizer committed. The question is if they take 2 QBs.

My guess is they will not take 2 QBs with Golston returning.

Think about it like this- if you ask a girl on a date, and she says "let me get back to you", you don't go ask another girl on a date for the same night before the first girl makes a decision. Same principle applies here IMO.

Old school :P

When she tells you she is washing her hair, and can't go out, she probably isn't.

e why not offer white.we need all the compution at that position imo.lets get it done. and white seems like he really want to be here and would pull the trigger asap :wareagle: :-\ :wareagle: :wareagle:

Because that would look very bad to Brandon Harris. One of the things he has really liked is the way the staff has recruited him in showing him he is the staff's #1 choice. If we were to offer White before Harris decides then that would look very bad to Harris and may take it as we lied to him. Plus I have been told via KK the staff likes its chances with Harris now and if true you don't do anything to screw that up. Also there is no rush to offer White since he does not have any real offers he wants.

I think it's too bad if BH is that sensitive and gets his feelings hurt that easily. He's in for a rude awakening wherever he signs. As I said several days ago if SW leaves without an offer I don't see him signing with Auburn no matter what he is saying right now. No matter how delicately the coaches handled it, White now realizes he is a distant No. 2. I do hope the coaches told him and his family up front that he might not be offered. Otherwise his family's feelings might be hurt financially. They spent a lot of money that might have been better spent later on another visit. Hopefully Harris commits to AU and this will all be forgotten. I'm just not convinced it was handled in the best way. Hope I'm wrong. I usually am.

I think it's too bad if BH is that sensitive and gets his feelings hurt that easily. He's in for a rude awakening wherever he signs. As I said several days ago if SW leaves without an offer I don't see him signing with Auburn no matter what he is saying right now. No matter how delicately the coaches handled it, White now realizes he is a distant No. 2. I do hope the coaches told him and his family up front that he might not be offered. Otherwise his family's feelings might be hurt financially. They spent a lot of money that might have been better spent later on another visit. Hopefully Harris commits to AU and this will all be forgotten. I'm just not convinced it was handled in the best way. Hope I'm wrong. I usually am.

It's not about BH getting his feelings hurt. The reality is most QBs have Alpha male personalities and want to be the only Freshman QB a school signs. QB recruiting is recruiting dominos. The sooner fans accept that the better. 30 of the top 33 QBs are already committed. No 2 of them are committed to the same team.

I guess that's a personal thing. A girl tells me "I'll get back to you" and I'm looking up some other girl's number before the bell rings for the next class.

e why not offer white.we need all the compution at that position imo.lets get it done. and white seems like he really want to be here and would pull the trigger asap :wareagle:/> :-\/> :wareagle:/> :wareagle:/>

Because that would look very bad to Brandon Harris. One of the things he has really liked is the way the staff has recruited him in showing him he is the staff's #1 choice. If we were to offer White before Harris decides then that would look very bad to Harris and may take it as we lied to him. Plus I have been told via KK the staff likes its chances with Harris now and if true you don't do anything to screw that up. Also there is no rush to offer White since he does not have any real offers he wants.

So should Auburn have offered SW to avoid hurting his feelings and those of his family? I don't think so. Recruiting can be unpredictable but it comes with the territory. If a guy gets his feelings hurt over something like this, I'd have to begin questioning his leadership ability. Clint Mosley's emotions may have been a detriment when it came to him leading the team. Not flaming SW or Mosley, just presenting a point to ponder.

I guess that's a personal thing. A girl tells me "I'll get back to you" and I'm looking up some other girl's number before the bell rings for the next class.

That's more of a commitment thing. If the girl is NOT one you would commit to, then you'd be right. If you really have an interest, you'd wait a little while for the answer. These kids are looking at the next 4 yrs and beyond. BH has said along his date is 18 July, if the coaches didn't honor his wishes, how can he trust them as well. All these recruits talk about relationships, this is where the trust is built. jmo

I really don't know where this hurting Sean White's feelings stuff came from. The kid loved his visit to Auburn even without getting an offer.

I personally prefer Sean White over Brandon Harris. I like his accuracy, leadership, attitude, academic credentials and I think he fits in better with the other QBs already on the team. But, I can understand why he has to wait on an offer and I think Sean and Family do too.

They know if certain promises were made to BH and they know that BH was recruited before Sean came on the radar. What would SW think, not just BH, if AU went back on a promise to BH ? Probably not too much. I think the SW camp appreciates that and had it explained to them the right way by Gus. If the 18th comes and BH picks LSU as I predict, then SW is our man.

I personally prefer Sean White over Brandon Harris. I like his accuracy, leadership, attitude, academic credentials and I think he fits in better with the other QBs already on the team. But, I can understand why he has to wait on an offer and I think Sean and Family do too.

They know if certain promises were made to BH and they know that BH was recruited before Sean came on the radar. What would SW think, not just BH, if AU went back on a promise to BH ? Probably not too much. I think the BH camp appreciates that and had it explained to them the right way by Gus. If the 18th comes and BH picks LSU as I predict, then SW is our man.

I bet Harris chooses Auburn.

They know if certain promises were made to BH and they know that BH was recruited before Sean came on the radar. What would SW think, not just BH, if AU went back on a promise to BH ? Probably not too much. I think the BH camp appreciates that and had it explained to them the right way by Gus. If the 18th comes and BH picks LSU as I predict, then SW is our man.

+1. I am leaning Auburn 60/40 now.

e why not offer white.we need all the compution at that position imo.lets get it done. and white seems like he really want to be here and would pull the trigger asap :wareagle:/> :-\/> :wareagle:/> :wareagle:/>

So should Auburn have offered SW to avoid hurting his feelings and those of his family? I don't think so. Recruiting can be unpredictable but it comes with the territory. If a guy gets his feelings hurt over something like this, I'd have to begin questioning his leadership ability. Clint Mosley's emotions may have been a detriment when it came to him leading the team. Not flaming SW or Mosley, just presenting a point to ponder.

You misunderstood completely. Not saying Seans or his familys feelings were hurt. Finances maybe if White family was under the impression an offer was forthcoming. I just hope it was made clear to them that no offer would be made unless BH commits to LSU. Coaches understand how the recruiting game works of course, but some parents may not. The flights to Atlanta were not free. I was merely pointing out that from E's thread it looked like coaches were more concerned about hurting BH's feelings than SW's. He made it pretty clear that I was wrong. E knows what's going on behind the scenes more than any of us.

I really like SW and I'm trying to not get attached to wanting him as our leader because BH looks to have some growing room and would be nasty in our system but you have to believe SW knows his stock just went up after the opening. It is a matter of just showing up to the party-thinking everyone should stop and shake your hand. It's just not realistic to believe a top notch program should axe their plan and totally buy in on you when there is loyalty involved.

You don't tell BH your our #1 guy and go to the next room and offer White. Class

+1. I am leaning Auburn 60/40 now.

65/35 :hellyeah:

50/50

I'm going 51/49! :jossun:

Anything new to report about Sean's visit? I hope he fell in love with Auburn (the town) and the Auburn Family.

Anything new to report about Sean's visit? I hope he fell in love with Auburn (the town) and the Auburn Family.

I posted a link to an article about his Auburn visit the last time you asked.

Archived