2014 3* C Andrew Marshall (Georgia Tech signee)

VA Tiger

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the competition like where he plays? He sure has a lot of pancake blocks.

They finished first in 6A in Region 6 but as a said in another thread there is not the hierarchy of the bigger schools in Georgia being better than the smaller schools like it is in alabama.

Andrew just got off the phone with the coaches and was told an offer could come anywhere from 2 weeks from now to 2 months. He is VERY disappointed if you can imagine. The coaches mentioned that they are concerned with weight. They seem pretty sure that Reese may forgo his senior year and the kid they pick up needs to be at playing weight (btw 290 and 315). I hope the delay does not bite them in the rear b/c Vanderbilt and UGA are in constant contact with him also.

Andrew just got off the phone with the coaches and was told an offer could come anywhere from 2 weeks from now to 2 months. He is VERY disappointed if you can imagine. The coaches mentioned that they are concerned with weight. They seem pretty sure that Reese may forgo his senior year and the kid they pick up needs to be at playing weight (btw 290 and 315). I hope the delay does not bite them in the rear b/c Vanderbilt and UGA are in constant contact with him also.

Are you sure you got good info ? Something just seems strange. As far as playing weight for right now, we have Kozan or Faryike who can play center. He can red shirt and they will pack on the muscle. At 265, he will more than likely be 275 at the end of his Senior season and putting 20 pounds of muscle on him is nothing if he redshirts. Heck, Tony Stevens is saying he already put on 10 pounds of muscle in a month and he is a 6'3" WR.

I am sure!!! Very good family friend. Just got off the phone with them.

Not that I don't believe you but even if Reese did go pro Kozan can play C a year while a freshman C develops.

I hate to hear that!!! Takes the wind out of our sails a bit. I just hope that there is an ace up our sleeves. This is probably the first time many of us will question our coaching staff's decisions. I always want a kid who wants to be here and will work hard to prove it. Andrew has seemed to have done that.

He is extremely bummed at the moment so I will give him a day to cool off. Just my opinion.....He is a huge get because he understands the whole spread play book of his high school team and that translates very well to the center position. Imagine how few bad plays would be run with the smarts of SW and AM at the center of it all. This decision blows my mind but WDE anyways!

That is puzzling if true. Many folks were concerned about Cashers height. That was something Coach Russell could not do anything about. 25 pounds weight is nothing. I'm more concerned about 350 lb 17 year olds keeping the weight off. Obviously Marshall is Plan C. Coaches must be eyeing a JUCO because AM is the best HS Center out there IMHO. If UGA or GTech slip in with an offer in the next few weeks he is gone. Our loss.

Well the only way that I see it is that AU wants to make the right decision, would be fair to both AM and AU. I know that we all want a replacement now for the loss of Casher but that is an emotional decision. AU needs to be 100% committed to AM before an offer is extended. Would not be fair to AM if we just offer him to fill a spot for a loss. Would love to have Marshall on board and hope we don't miss out, but I rather do things the right way than make snap decisions. I believe that Gus wants the best for AU and will make the right decisions in this every-day changing recruiting madness.

My question is, why would you text a kid and tell him to call you in the AM if all you're going to do is tell him he's still waiting on an offer? If that was the plan all along, why not just wait until you were going to offer if at all?

Not that I don't believe you but even if Reese did go pro Kozan can play C a year while a freshman C develops.

What are you hearing E?

By the way....Andrew could use a lot of twitter love right now. Just got back from team workouts and says that he is so confused and wondering if God closed another door that had so much anticipation. I think he truly LOVES Auburn and could use the pick me up.

Side note....Andrew's sophomore year Carl Lawson played nose guard against West Forsyth and was completely neutralized by Andrew. What he lacks in size, he makes up with technique and passion!

By the way....Andrew could use a lot of twitter love right now. Just got back from team workouts and says that he is so confused and wondering if God closed another door that had so much anticipation. I think he truly LOVES Auburn and could use the pick me up.

Side note....Andrew's sophomore year Carl Lawson played nose guard against West Forsyth and was completely neutralized by Andrew. What he lacks in size, he makes up with technique and passion!

Ok. You may be speaking truth but the more and more you post the less believable it gets.

What are you hearing E?

Nothing concrete yet.

What are you hearing E?

Nothing concrete yet.

Thanks. You have been pretty much spot on since I've been on this board.

Although things may sound a little confusing at this point, I would think that although it's desirable, it's not urgent that we sign a Center in this class. With the OL depth of the past couple there are bound to be other players that could learn to play center. In my opinion, this is one of the few positions where we could take a hit with little or no impact. I still like this kid and hope that we end up signing him.

I appoligize if my post count indicates that I am new and therefore not in the know. I have known the Marshall's (Sonny-Father, Theresa-Mother, Lauren-Oldest Sister, Lindsey-Middle Sister, and Andrew) for 12 years. I love the family and know everything that is going on with his recruitment. Please do not insult me E. I have followed this site since before the merger and absolutely LOVE your input and rely on it for almost all recruiting info. Thanks for your hard work.

Please give Andrew some twitter love.........He is down at the moment and could use some pick-me-ups.

@A__Marshall

What is the competition like where he plays? He sure has a lot of pancake blocks.

They finished first in 6A in Region 6 but as a said in another thread there is not the hierarchy of the bigger schools in Georgia being better than the smaller schools like it is in alabama.

This is the same region that Lawson and Barber played in. Some nice talent in this region.

This is the same region that Lawson and Barber played in. Some nice talent in this region.

West Fors. is not the same region as Milton, at least not in the 2012 standings i looked up...unless Milton was listed as Alpharetta instead

Archived