2014 3* C Andrew Marshall (Georgia Tech signee)

VA Tiger

I appoligize if my post count indicates that I am new and therefore not in the know. I have known the Marshall's (Sonny-Father, Theresa-Mother, Lauren-Oldest Sister, Lindsey-Middle Sister, and Andrew) for 12 years. I love the family and know everything that is going on with his recruitment. Please do not insult me E. I have followed this site since before the merger and absolutely LOVE your input and rely on it for almost all recruiting info. Thanks for your hard work.

Please give Andrew some twitter love.........He is down at the moment and could use some pick-me-ups.

@A__Marshall

Not meant to insult you but you don't come in your first 10 posts saying a kid stonewalled Lawson his Soph year as a DT because nobody is going to buy it whether it's true or not. That's a credibility killer. You have to build up cred before you throw a whopper like that on the board.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the competition like where he plays? He sure has a lot of pancake blocks.

They finished first in 6A in Region 6 but as a said in another thread there is not the hierarchy of the bigger schools in Georgia being better than the smaller schools like it is in alabama.

This is the same region that Lawson and Barber played in. Some nice talent in this region.

West Fors. is not the same region as Milton, at least not in the 2012 standings i looked up...unless Milton was listed as Alpharetta instead

Not the same region but they are very close to each other. Milton is an old school, with new facilities. In fact Milton HS is about 5 miles from Alpharetta HS.

What is the competition like where he plays? He sure has a lot of pancake blocks.

They finished first in 6A in Region 6 but as a said in another thread there is not the hierarchy of the bigger schools in Georgia being better than the smaller schools like it is in alabama.

This is the same region that Lawson and Barber played in. Some nice talent in this region.

West Fors. is not the same region as Milton, at least not in the 2012 standings i looked up...unless Milton was listed as Alpharetta instead

2012 Was Georgia's first year of having a 6A classification. Lots of differences between regions between 2012 season and previous seasons.

Apparently our staff hasn't given up on Casher, but I'm all for offering Marshall anyway. If Casher does come back into the fold, AM could move to guard. However Grimes, etc have several other guards higher on the board. So once again we have to trust CGM and his staff. I've disagreed with a few moves like the Hutchinson thing, but in the end it worked out. I wasn't sure about the QB drama but they handled it brilliantly. Not sure if it was luck or skill, but probably a combination. They are always privy to a lot more information than we mortals. :-\

They did play CL's JR year (AM's SOPH) and in all fairness there is only one highlight play from that game and CL was lined up at DE and made the tackle in the backfield. If you look there are multiple CL highlights from all his other games except that one. So did he seem to have been less effective in that one game than any other his JR or SR years. Did they line up head to head, can't tell you.

And E will tell you that I am the biggest CL homer ever!! Both schools are equally close to me though West Forsyth is actually in my home county. It is newer and wasn't around when I was in HS. I went to GACS anyway which was quite a drive (an hour + each way) from Cumming.

I don't know about the Reese part but I can confirm everything else Nude said about Marshall's phone call this morning to Auburn was accurate.

I you guys don't mind adding the L when you reference me. My last name is Nudelman (pronounced Noodle-Man)! I Very funny though :homer:

Sorry. Did not see the L. It read NudeMonsterWDE to me. lol...and I thought that was a funny creative ID.

I you guys don't mind adding the L when you reference me. My last name is Nudelman (pronounced Noodle-Man)! I Very funny though :homer:

So quick question for reference. Are you an Auburn fan, alum or what? Or is your interest solely in this young man? Please don't take this as an attack or anything...just asking a simple question and there is no wrong answer. Just want to know the context. As for me...I trust in our coaches on who they offer.

NudeL posted the correct Twitter handle. It verifies what we've heard. He was at Dawg Night, is hearing a lot from Vandy (3.78 GPA - I would think so) and has visited Wake Forest (again the GPA), Navy offered (a friend of his committed to the Air Force Academy, and that darn high GPA), and our good friend Mr. Petrino offered him. A premium site talks about Syracuse's high opinion of him (also offered). He's the kind of kid a Stanford or Notre Dame should be all over. Pure Speculation, but he might be waiting on a UGa offer, and that may be our concern.

Andrew Marshall@A__Marshall 12 Jul

Headed to Athens for a camp, should be a lot of fun! #DawgNight #UGA

IMO if Vandy or UGA offers, AU is out in the cold unless we have someone else in mind.

That is puzzling if true. Many folks were concerned about Cashers height. That was something Coach Russell could not do anything about. 25 pounds weight is nothing. I'm more concerned about 350 lb 17 year olds keeping the weight off. Obviously Marshall is Plan C. Coaches must be eyeing a JUCO because AM is the best HS Center out there IMHO. If UGA or GTech slip in with an offer in the next few weeks he is gone. Our loss.

I hope that isn't the case. I have noticed we are after quite a few JUCO's. A lot of staffs do that early in their tenure to build up depth and fill holes. I just don't believe, going the JUCO route consistently, is the best way to sustain success in this league.

1. SEC school (Loves Auburn & UGA)

2. Wake Forest

3. Duke (Friends with David Cutcliffe)

His timeline on 247 says he has nisited Auburn the most times. Is that correct?

That is puzzling if true. Many folks were concerned about Cashers height. That was something Coach Russell could not do anything about. 25 pounds weight is nothing. I'm more concerned about 350 lb 17 year olds keeping the weight off. Obviously Marshall is Plan C. Coaches must be eyeing a JUCO because AM is the best HS Center out there IMHO. If UGA or GTech slip in with an offer in the next few weeks he is gone. Our loss.

I hope that isn't the case. I have noticed we are after quite a few JUCO's. A lot of staffs do that early in their tenure to build up depth and fill holes. I just don't believe, going the JUCO route consistently, is the best way to sustain success in this league.

He doesn't do it at every position, but as far as I can remember, Saban gets a JUCO OL almost every season, it never hurts to bring in a guy who is talented enough to push the current guys and introduce a bit of a "shock" to the system so that guys never get lazy.

My Bad. They used to play each other, and last did in 2011. West Forsyth won their region last year, and beat Gainsville 32-30. Gainsville is where QB Watson (Clemson commitment) goes to school. They also beat a Gwinnett County HS in the playoffs last year. They play pretty good competition in other words.

There's more to this.

seems to always be the case in the end. Sadly, all the bodies when you look over the ledge of the cliff. lol

Thanks for you information on Marshall. Still think the name nude monster stunned more posters at first. E might of been a little doubtful of a post by the Nude L Monster..

Some may of thought you had called in the names of the pilots in the Asiana air crash. WDE

Marshall has visited South Carolina and Auburn more than any other school. interest from South Carolina has diminished do to them only taking one offense of lineman this year. and you believe that this is a two-week test to determine whether or not he's dedicated to gain weight similar to the test put forth to Duvaroe Lawrence at the beginning of summer.

Marshall has visited South Carolina and Auburn more than any other school. interest from South Carolina has diminished do to them only taking one offense of lineman this year. and you believe that this is a two-week test to determine whether or not he's dedicated to gain weight similar to the test put forth to Duvaroe Lawrence at the beginning of summer.

Easy solution. Get Carl Lawson's trainer.

I can't help but ask - how do his "parents" feel about getting interest from Vandy & Duke? The kid is obviously smart. I'm and AU alum and love AU dearly, but honestly if my son were offered a free education from Vandy or Duke, I'd have to seriously consider the top shelf degree from one of those two schools over AU, SoCarl, UGA, etc.. JMHO

Archived