2014 3* C Andrew Marshall (Georgia Tech signee)

VA Tiger

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6'4"... Offer him NOW!

That's something I noticed as well, this guy is a good bit bigger, his size alone makes him a better NFL prospect for the future, cause how many OL in the pros are 6 feet or shorter? (That's an honest question, cause IDK.)

If he did well in camp and the coaches can see it, then WDE.

But let's be real. You look at Casher's offer list and Marshall's offer list.... It's not like a trade-off unless the coaches know something other coaches don't see yet.

But let's be real. You look at Casher's offer list and Marshall's offer list.... It's not like a trade-off unless the coaches know something other coaches don't see yet.

Isn't that basically what happened with Casher in the first place? No one but Auburn gave him much credit until he blew up at the Hoover camp. Our coaching staff obviously knows talent when they see it.

Isn't that basically what happened with Casher in the first place? No one but Auburn gave him much credit until he blew up at the Hoover camp. Our coaching staff obviously knows talent when they see it.

No. FSU and UF both offered before we did.

Marshall appears to have the frame to easily be 6'-4 1/2 300lbs as a redshirt freshman. Could play guard or center. I'm not sold on Casher as an SEC guard. Maybe, but undersized at 6'-0 280. Glad he decommitted now instead of later. I wonder if Gus exposed his true colors. I don't mean to sound critical. I think he's a good kid. Hope it works out for him except when he plays against our Tigers.

don't see a Center leaving early for the NFL. They are not valued high in pro drafts.

I would normally agree with you, but we have had a 3rd-round linebacker and an undrafted WR leave early the last few years, so anything is possible. Both high school recruits and AU football/basketball players seem to want to get the hell out of Auburn for some reason.

Marshall appears to have the frame to easily be 6'-4 1/2 300lbs as a redshirt freshman. Could play guard or center. I'm not sold on Casher as an SEC guard. Maybe, but undersized at 6'-0 280. Glad he decommitted now instead of later. I wonder if Gus exposed his true colors. I don't mean to sound critical. I think he's a good kid. Hope it works out for him except when he plays against our Tigers.

I read that Coach DC called Casher today with a "to do" list and that brought the thing to a head.

I read that Coach DC called Casher today with a "to do" list and that brought the thing to a head.

Smart.

Not accurate. As I said in the Cash thread the staff knew last Wednesday.

Any idea why he doesn't have offers from major schools?

It was answered in the post above yours.

I created a profile in the OP. I highly recommend watching his highlights. You put 40 ponds on a center who plays that nasty and all I can say is OOOOOOOOOOOOOH EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Watched the video as well. Kid is smart too. I like this! I hope they woke him up this morning to offer him. Marshall has a huge upside.We will know what he thinks about AU based on how quickly he pulls the trigger. Sean White pulled the trigger quickly.

I like how this kid already plays the Center position. Less of a learning curve as there is more to the position than just hiking the ball. Marshall would be a good pick up for AU.

Wow!!! Just wow! I was slightly bummed about losing Casher until I finished reading this thread. It sounds like our coaches were solidly on top of this situation all along and already had a plan 1B in place. It also sounds as if this kid could potentially be better than Casher. I've actually got a really good feeling about this whole situation.

Archived