2014 3* C Andrew Marshall (Georgia Tech signee)

VA Tiger

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the center prospect who came in for the weekend?

Thanks!

He did well at camp yesterday but I do not usually create threads on a recruit til he gets an offer. Marshall does not have an offer and won't unless Cash flips.

West Forsyth is about 2 miles from my office and my parents farm. We are from Ducktown, GA if anyone else knows where that is. I haven't followed them too much. It's a fairly new school. We will start to see more kids from this area. It has grown and the schools have the best facilities I've seen.

Lambert HS is close as well. The big TE commit plays there. Many families have picked up and moved here and the sports programs are picking up as well. It's been a minute since a Forsyth kid got much attention. It's nice to see the hometown getting some love. Okay I'm done playing Chamber of Commerce!! #WDE

I am a close family friend of the Marshall's. We also attend the same church. Andrew is a top 5 center no doubt. Coach Hepler of West Forsyth has Andrew dictate blocking assignments for the entire o-line and audibles for the QB based on the front 7 of the D. The only concern for the coaching staff is his weight (270). Whoever the bring in this year must be ready to start b/c dismukes will likely leave and his backup is leaving next year for medical school.

I am a close family friend of the Marshall's. We also attend the same church. Andrew is a top 5 center no doubt. Coach Hepler of West Forsyth has Andrew dictate blocking assignments for the entire o-line and audibles for the QB based on the front 7 of the D. The only concern for the coaching staff is his weight (270). Whoever the bring in this year must be ready to start b/c dismukes will likely leave and his backup is leaving next year for medical school.

I don't see a Center leaving early for the NFL. They are not valued high in pro drafts.

Get this.....Andrew and his family are big time Alabama fans but Andrew has no desire to even camp there b/c he is so turned off by Saban. If Auburn or Georgia offers he will commit immediately. Kid loves coach Grimes and when Andrew gives his word it is final. The Marshall's are all about faith and family and love that our entire coaching staff has the same values!

Get this.....Andrew and his family are big time Alabama fans but Andrew has no desire to even camp there b/c he is so turned off by Saban. If Auburn or Georgia offers he will commit immediately. Kid loves coach Grimes and when Andrew gives his word it is final. The Marshall's are all about faith and family and love that our entire coaching staff has the same values!

Thanks for the info. :cheers:

I don't see a Center leaving early for the NFL. They are not valued high in pro drafts.

I agree with Nude Monster.

Thanks for the info. :cheers:

Yep same here.

Dismukes is not going to leave AU early. The plan is for the new center to redshirt and start for three years. JMO but I hope its Marshall.

Used to fish Lanier a lot up until 1990 or so then it got WAY too crowded for me.

You gotta get way up the Chestatee to get away from the traffic ........

I say offer him. If I remember correctly UAT already has that guy from up north, MN or something like that....so they have their bases covered. If we pick up Andrew Marshall, we have our bases covered. Casher is free to do whatever he feels is best for him.

I say offer him. If I remember correctly UAT already has that guy from up north, MN or something like that....so they have their bases covered. If we pick up Andrew Marshall, we have our bases covered. Casher is free to do whatever he feels is best for him.

Do we want two centers? Does UAT really want two centers? If we hold off and offer Marshall only if Casher flips then UAT may have a center they don't want and lose a scholly that could be better used elsewhere. If we use a second scholly for a center, then Saban could pull off Casher and leave us with two centers. Just 'sayin. I think we should hold off and await a flip. If it comes we're OK, and if it doesn't we're OK.

I think there's a good chance RD comes out if Auburn offense has a good year. I've felt that way ever since theincidents last year. I hope he stays but staff will have to be prepared.

Do we want two centers? Does UAT really want two centers? If we hold off and offer Marshall only if Casher flips then UAT may have a center they don't want and lose a scholly that could be better used elsewhere. If we use a second scholly for a center, then Saban could pull off Casher and leave us with two centers. Just 'sayin. I think we should hold off and await a flip. If it comes we're OK, and if it doesn't we're OK.

If I heard correctly, uat doesn't want Casher at Center, they're selling him on the Guard position (the position that he plays in HS)

I think there's a good chance RD comes out if Auburn offense has a good year. I've felt that way ever since theincidents last year. I hope he stays but staff will have to be prepared.

Centers are not valued high in the draft. It would be very risky for Reese to leave early.

And Andrew gets his offer in 3... 2... 1...

Lol, it would probably make Casher feel kind of small.

It does appear we are gonna move on Andrew quickly, BM and Austin Penny both just predicted him to us.

Archived