WARNING: Counterfeit Tickets Sold for Iron Bowl

Streyeder

Warning Issued for Possibility of Counterfeit Tickets

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Iron Bowl 2004

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. --- The University of Alabama Police Department, Tuscaloosa Police Department, and The University of Alabama Athletics Department have issued a warning of the possibility of counterfeit tickets being sold for the Alabama-Auburn football game this weekend.

Law enforcement officials have obtained information that a group may be engaged in counterfeiting and distributing tickets for this weekend's event.

Tickets obtained from sources other than The University of Alabama or Auburn University may not be valid and in such cases will not be honored.  Any person buying a ticket from a third party does so at his or her own risk.  Tickets purchased from a third party may be checked for authenticity by ticket office representatives at the University of Alabama or Auburn University before 5:00 p.m. on Friday.

Local law enforcement agencies will have officers on duty around Bryant-Denny Stadium Saturday who will be checking those selling tickets to assure compliance.

http://rolltide.com/Football/11633.asp

It really pisses me off when stuff like this happens.

It really pisses me off when stuff like this happens.

So how many you got printed up Streyeder? :big:

123527[/snapback]

Yea, I've been selling them to all the students on campus. :P:poke:

Some friends of mine bought fake tickets to this past weekends game against UGA. The fakes were really good (she gave me one of the fake ticket stubs). So good that the ticket takers were fooled.

I'm not sure if Bama has holograms on their tickets, but the fake Auburn/UGA ticket didn't have the "Secure/Authentic" on it, but it still had a hologram, this one of a bunch of lines. The backs of the fake tickets were not as yellow, and the tiger eye logo is not in the middle of the Jordan-Hare seating chart like on the real one.

Also, the fake ticket only had one preferated edge (the Real AU/UGA ticket was preferated on all 4 sides.

Finally, the picture on the ticket had a little bit more shine to it.

I hope everyone is careful, and has a good time at the game.

War Eagle! Beat Bama!

Streyeder, thanks for the heads up...that was nice of you. I'm still trying to decide whether to go to the game (no tix yet), but this situation gives me pause.

Streyeder, thanks for the heads up...that was nice of you.  I'm still trying to decide whether to go to the game (no tix yet), but this situation gives me pause.

123543[/snapback]

You'll pay a premium, but Need One Ticket is a reputable dealer from what I hear. Good luck finding one.

Eli Gold told me how to spot one of the counterfeits, look on the back of the ticket and in small letters it will say " Copyright-Fulmer Printing Company Knoxville, TN

Eli Gold told me how to spot one of the counterfeits,  look on the back of the ticket and in small letters it will say " Copyright-Fulmer Printing Company Knoxville, TN

123889[/snapback]

:lol::lol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Archived