Virginia Tech v. Miami

BigSammyK

Miami just showed the world exactly how overrated they've been. The Hokies just tore them apart in Miami 42-24. We all know how bad VT's offense is and the put up 549 yards today.

Overrated is being kind. They sole reason they are ranked is because they barely squeaked by a terrible UF team late in the 4th.

They're very lucky to have survived UNC and Wake, and it wouldn't be shocking if this team gets its 3rd straight loss next weekend @ Cutcliffe's Dookies.

In fairness they were missing there best player in a Duke Johnson...and came off a tough loss to their #1 rival...UM overachieved this year...they will be tough in the near future

Well ...we knew what Miami was all about and it just took FSU to prove it....and VT to confirm that the FSU game was nothing special. Miami struggled against some pretty weak teams and it was a joke that they made it into the top 10.

Meanwhile the VT offense was clicking...maybe we got rid of Lefty too soon :-\

In fairness they were missing there best player in a Duke Johnson...and came off a tough loss to their #1 rival...UM overachieved this year...they will be tough in the near future

Duke Johnson doesn't play defense. Va Tech has a putrid offense. UM didn't overachieve, they just didn't play anybody. They're still living off the dead carcass of that win over UF - who's absolutely terrible this year.

Well he's a bammer.....he has trouble comprehending reality.

Tell me more about my struggles with reality...and while you're talking, maybe I can go find all those posts you made about how terrible our defense is.

BG - I don't think Miami is a NC contending football team - and yes I know Duke does not play defense but if you take away most teams best offensive player specifically a young rebuilding team like Miami there will be struggles. You have to rank 25 teams - Miami kept winning so they kept moving up. At the time that UF win looked good. No one knew UF would drop like a rock ...They (UF) are missing several starters on defense and offense, not to mention a HC who is holding them back on that end by being uber conservative offensively. VaTech is pretty good against the run and UM could not get it going when needed last night...they are not as good as some argue but definitely not as awful -they just played the schedule that was in front of them...

BG - I don't think Miami is a NC contending football team - and yes I know Duke does not play defense but if you take away most teams best offensive player specifically a young rebuilding team like Miami there will be struggles. You have to rank 25 teams - Miami kept winning so they kept moving up. At the time that UF win looked good. No one knew UF would drop like a rock ...They (UF) are missing several starters on defense and offense, not to mention a HC who is holding them back on that end by being uber conservative offensively. VaTech is pretty good against the run and UM could not get it going when needed last night...they are not as good as some argue but definitely not as awful -they just played the schedule that was in front of them...

Miami is an awful team. Auburn would beat them by three TDs. I'm sorry but you don't squeak out a 3 point win over Wake Forest, a week after squeaking out a win over a crappy UNC team and get to say you're a good team (both with Duke Johnson). I agree with you, you have to rank them somewhere when they had that great record, but they're painfully average at best.

That win over UF was a win over a name team, not a good team, and they've gotten way too much credit for it. People wanted Miami to be great to boost the impact of that game last week. But Miami sucks.

You can't give up 42 and 500+ yards to a team that manged 10 points against Duke. 10. Duke gave up 58 to freaking Pitt.

Why even try to explain anything to the turd? We all know bama can beat any nfl team lined up against them and aj Mccryin is the greatest qb in college and nfl history! Sound about right bg?

I made a living off absolute thinkers like u in college. You say AU will definitely beat UM by 3 touchdowns. Possibly but with a healthy Stephen Morris and Duke Johnson it could very easily be a 15-17 pt win. They were right there in it with FSU until the wheels fell off in 3rd qtr, and it was clear Morris was not 100% - it seems to me u think every other team outside of UA is unworthy of any type of ranking. Look you got to rank teams.. every game will not be a blow out and one game against another team does not dictate the probable outcome when facing a different team.

I made a living off absolute thinkers like u in college. You say AU will definitely beat UM by 3 touchdowns. Possibly but with a healthy Stephen Morris and Duke Johnson it could very easily be a 15-17 pt win. They were right there in it with FSU until the wheels fell off in 3rd qtr, and it was clear Morris was not 100% - it seems to me u think every other team outside of UA is unworthy of any type of ranking. Look you got to rank teams.. every game will not be a blow out and one game against another team does not dictate the probable outcome when facing a different team.

They had a healthy Morris and Johnson for Wake Forest. They were healthy for UNC. Explain those games. How can you not see that Miami was (and still is) VASTLY overrated? This has nothing to do with FSU. Miami sucks.

Look, either Va Tech is the worst team in the world (when they played us), or they're great and we get credit for beating a team that's apparently on par with FSU offensively...

You can't pump up the Miami win for FSU and then turn around and make excuses when one of the worst offenses in the country hangs 42 on them and puts up over 500 yards.

They had a healthy Morris and Johnson for Wake Forest. They were healthy for UNC. Explain those games. How can you not see that Miami was (and still is) VASTLY overrated? This has nothing to do with FSU. Miami sucks.

Look, either Va Tech is the worst team in the world (when they played us), or they're great and we get credit for beating a team that's apparently on par with FSU offensively...

You can't pump up the Miami win for FSU and then turn around and make excuses when one of the worst offenses in the country hangs 42 on them and puts up over 500 yards.

So you don't think Va Tech could be somewhere between the worst team and great? Your either or choices are slightly slanted.

So you don't think Va Tech could be somewhere between the worst team and great? Your either or choices are slightly slanted.

Was for effect...clearly...

But if you listen to everyone on this board, Va Tech is one of the worst teams in the nation, and Alabama should be penalized for only beating them by 25 points.

BG - I don't have to explain those games because Miami won them. Across the board they are no where near as talented as FSU - but they are not this awful team you make them out to be. They are a well ahead of where I thought they would be with Golden and more than likely may end the season 10-2 with an outside shot at a BCS bowl.

I just don't think Alabama should be beating their chest about a win over VaTech. Everybody knew they would win that game. VaTech stood zero chance. People just thought Bama could name the score in that game and it just did not unfold that way.

BG - I don't have to explain those games because Miami won them.

So you can't judge a performance if it's a win? Are you serious?

but they are not this awful team you make them out to be

I don't think they're awful. I think they're vastly overrated. Va Tech scored 42 on them. Two weeks removed from scoring 10...on Duke.

Well, you gotta give it to bg on this one. HE should know what an OVERRATED "team" looks like...... :bananadance: :bananadance: :bananadance:

No because all I care about is the final score. If a team wins they made more plays than the losing team. "You play to win the game" I could care less about judging a performance. But that's just me. I just prefer to look at every game independently of another. But once again that's just me. Every game is different, letdowns, injuries, etc. Just because they only scored on 10 on Duke does absolutely mean they should not score as much against Miami - I did not see the game but maybe VaTech threw the kitchen sink at them, could be a letdown after losing to your main rival, etc....like I said every game is different...

No because all I care about is the final score. If a team wins they made more plays than the losing team. "You play to win the game" I could care less about judging a performance. But that's just me. I just prefer to look at every game independently of another. But once again that's just me. Every game is different, letdowns, injuries, etc. Just because they only scored on 10 on Duke does absolutely mean they should not score as much against Miami - I did not see the game but maybe VaTech threw the kitchen sink at them, could be a letdown after losing to your main rival, etc....like I said every game is different...

By this measure, a 1 point loss to Florida St is worse than a 1 point win over Akron.

I just can't think like that. I think it's OK to view negatively a close win against a terrible opponent. Especially when it's not in isolation.

Was for effect...clearly...

But if you listen to everyone on this board, Va Tech is one of the worst teams in the nation, and Alabama should be penalized for only beating them by 25 points.

Clearly in crimson.

What's your excuse for the Miami D getting abused by Duke today?

Maybe I know what I'm talking about...

What's your excuse for the Miami D getting abused by Duke today?

Maybe I know what I'm talking about...

U dont!!! Vt got beat by Maryland, who got destroyed 63-0 by guess who? The team bama lawyers don't want to see,FSU!! This jaboo investigation has bama written all over it, this is what ur school does when there is a threat to ur precious tahd!!

Archived