4* center from Hokes Bluff signs with Purdue

AU64

Only in-state school under consideration was UAB.....so no SEC schools anywhere...only Wake and Purdue it appears. Guess it's no surprise that the best players seem to go out of state.

I'm going to Purdue for grad school in the Fall, I guess I am not the only one from Alabama heading to West Lafayette.

Barbee didn't even try to talk to you either?

Only in-state school under consideration was UAB.....so no SEC schools anywhere...only Wake and Purdue it appears. Guess it's no surprise that the best players seem to go out of state.

The kids a 7-footer, but he's not very aggressive. Kinda clumbsy... imo

Like Will Perdue?

Like Will Perdue?

The kid's a 4 star on scout. He's 80 miles from Auburn. Purdue is not a bad school but there is no way he should have gotten out of state if Barbee would get off his butt. And if he does leave the state, he should have to run over one of our assistant coaches trying to recruit him on the way.

Just curious but from what I have read, nobody but UAB in this area recruited him.. So, maybe the consensus is that he is a "project" and none of the coaches have enough time left on their tenure to develop him. Bama and AU coaches both on the hot seat and for better or worse, they need someone that can play right now.

Just curious but from what I have read, nobody but UAB in this area recruited him.. So, maybe the consensus is that he is a "project" and none of the coaches have enough time left on their tenure to develop him. Bama and AU coaches both on the hot seat and for better or worse, they need someone that can play right now.

Both AU and UA recruited him, but there were better programs who offered outside the state and felt they had the better chance of developing his talent.

Both AU and UA recruited him, but there were better programs who offered outside the state and felt they had the better chance of developing his talent.

Then Barbee is a crappy recruiter. End of story. Its not like the kid went to Duke or UNC or KY. Rodney Garner became known as a recruiter because he would stake out a high school coaches house and catch the coach when he came out the next morning. For 1.5 million Barbee can sleep in his car a night or two. Won't hurt him.

Guest jojo1515

Then Barbee is a crappy recruiter. End of story. Its not like the kid went to Duke or UNC or KY. Rodney Garner became known as a recruiter because he would stake out a high school coaches house and catch the coach when he came out the next morning. For 1.5 million Barbee can sleep in his car a night or two. Won't hurt him.

Once Barbee pays back what he should be considered as owing the university, he should be so broke that he has to sleep in his car IMO....

Perhaps but in the articles about his recruitment, the decision came down to UAB and Purdue...and no mention of any other school which makes me think that neither Bama nor AU actually made an offer. The kid is a "project" and neither Barbee nor Grant have two or three years to bring this guy along.

Perhaps but in the articles about his recruitment, the decision came down to UAB and Purdue...and no mention of any other school which makes me think that neither Bama nor AU actually made an offer. The kid is a "project" and neither Barbee nor Grant have two or three years to bring this guy along.

He is not near as much of a project as Griciunas, Delph, ADT, Atewe, or any other big man we have had in recent memory. He is very talented and probably would get a lot of playing time here. But to say that Isaac Haas is not good enough to be a "take" for either Auburn or Alabama is inaccurate.

Archived